+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot War: expertise

Prot War: expertise

I got to discussing expertise's value from a prot warrior's stand point with my guild last night. I was of the opinion that it was a stat associated with threat and if threat was not an issue than expertise was not a concern.

After some discussion and referencing of end game progression tanks, I noticed that most if them have 24-26 ish EXP.

So now I'm wondering where/when the value of expertise changed and why.
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

only guessing here, but...

I imagine that at their gear lvl, they have Complete Table Coverage, and their healers have a gear level that allows them to trade some avoidance/mitigation for threat/dps ... in order to kill bosses faster...

again just a guess.

Heroic mode tanks have reported the need for more stamina and threat-centered gearing than for normals. Essentially it was more the case that the extra expertise helped them pull ahead of DPS faster, allowing DPS to go all out earlier, which is needed to beat the enrages is what I think it's come down to. And their extra DPS from more non-dodged/parried hits also helped.

Basically they're still miles ahead of DPS in threat at the end, but they weren't there quick enough at the beginning.

In normal modes this isn't a problem. Proper rotation and abilities will get you to that place quickly.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Prot War: expertise

That's what I thought but had nothing to back it up. I'll concern myself more with it when we get there.
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

+ Reply to Thread