+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking made fun?

Tanking made fun?

hello i apologize if this was posted elsewhere but i've searched and found nothing.
    I'm start leveling a warrior with full BoA gear and i was looking to spice my WoW life up and tank without a shield. whats the way to go? two swords or a 2hander? will i have any issue keeping agroo given i can pass a ready check?

thank you to anyone that replies.

If you really want to tank without a shield role a deathknight, simple as that. Aggro shouldn't be your main concern - it's the incoming damage that should bother you. We're build around using a shield while tanking, heck we can't even dual wield any longer without speccing fury. What buttons do you want to push while tanking? You can't use colossus smash (requires battle/defstance and has a rather long cd), shield slam or devastate (both require a shield) - spamming heroic strike/cleave and keep rend rolling won't seal the deal..

ok thank you i wasnt appear warrior couldn't dual wield anymore. I guess no spice in my WoW life after all . i appreciate the response. thank you.

Gatman, just ignore klausi. Up 'till level 40 or so you are fine running with a dps spec in defensive stance (assuming you have a decent healer.) After 40, it gets worse and worse, and by the time you hit the mid-fifties, you get downright annoying to heal when you run with a dps spec. And you don't wanna be annoying to heal.
    It doesn't matter too much what you go with - both fury and arms should work fine. Just go with whatever you like best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

+ Reply to Thread