+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot warrior PVP having fun in arenas......

Prot warrior PVP having fun in arenas......

been eager to get conquest points just to get some 359 Weapons and after some playing around me and my raid priest actually got our best results from me goin prot in 2vs2

now back in wotlk i just cudnt bring anywhere near enough damage and priest was far to squishy for me to protect

but now with clothies havin more HP she seems to manage quite well and my damage output has been fairly impressive

been chuckin VIG on her too so as other team try and nuke her i build up lots of AP
    Bang shield slam stun HS etc etc an there in some deep water

Im only at low rating but im gettin conquest points capped which is all im really after
    Its certainly far more viable than it use to be

PS hunters r like door mats to me i wipe my feet then move on lool

Im doing also arenas a s a protection warrior with a holy pally, we got point capped and a 600 rating in one day, almost winning every fight.
    I have to say protection is lots of fun, with its mobility, stuns and silences, as I stated before, Im really enjoying PVP with this spec!!
    Last edited by segavax; 02-26-2011 at 09:23 PM.

cool glad to hear someone else is enjoying this
    as you can see from the response to the post i dont think alot of people really bother with it, i know it can be quite slow and takes quite alot of skill to execute.
    Pala heals is deffinately the best partner tho
    im trying to encourage my raid pala to come pvp :P

Just a little update.
    Yesterday I created a 3v3 team, with a hunter (certainly newbier than myself) and a Prot pally with no PVP gear, lol.
    Only 3 matches, (lost all of them) but very noticeable, my survival capacity, I was always last standing man, very hard to kill.
    Definitely Warrior Protection rocks in PVP!!!!
    Not a killer!! BUt A very hard target, annoying casters with 6 seconds spell reflect!!!

did u find that other teams where just focusing the hunter tho?
    one thing i have found is that it can be quite hard to protect the rest of ur team members. which essentially is what we are there to do.
    this is where intervene/charge comes into its own to help our mobility

Well, new update!!! I joined a new 3v3 team with my guildies (one unholy DK and a shadow priest), My job was to annoy healers, make them spent all the mana reserve, spam piercing howl and demoralizing shout to cut dps and mobility of the enemy.

Very good results, we reached in one day a 1k rating winnig 60% of the matches.
    My mobiity is great with charge, intercept and intervene (also root breaker)

I feel undestructible and mighty, by the way Im learning to beat down mages.
    I can tell you guys, Protection PVP is awesome!!!

there are a million tools and the more u play it the more u will find new / better ways of doing things
    on use strength or crit trinks can also make a nice burst increase
    intimidating shout also another key ability if used at the right time.

be interested to know any lil tips u pick up along the way....its along time since i had anyone to talk to about prot PVP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by woodyman View Post
    there are a million tools and the more u play it the more u will find new / better ways of doing things
    on use strength or crit trinks can also make a nice burst increase
    intimidating shout also another key ability if used at the right time.

be interested to know any lil tips u pick up along the way....its along time since i had anyone to talk to about prot PVP!!!
    Well, I dont have any other mate to talk about Prot PVP So let me share my little experience with you buddy.
    First let me tell you I have in a little macro piercing howl + shield block, this is very useful against melees (specially rogues), cause dazes, and of course your chance to block increases (and with enough mastery you can put some critical blocks), and beside this you have more chance to spam revenge. Very useful hint, dont you think?

Also I have a little macro with thunderclap + demo shout, also a dps cutter (helps my buddies a lot when they are taking down the melees after healer is killed or out of mana)

another hint, I suggest you to macro berserker rage + health trinket + enraged regeneration (great self healing after last stand wich I prefer to use as an emergency button with shield wall!!)

I will post more tips later as they come to my mind, hope to hear from you experience too!!
    best wishes ang kepp up the good work fellow warrior!!
    Last edited by segavax; 03-01-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Protection Paladin loving PVP as well. One tip I want to remind you guys is that if you run in, cast your party buffs, get your stuns out, nail whatever party heals you have and then you die.. Odds are you just won that fight for your guys.. So many times have I done that and then 20 seconds later we have it.. Fools and tanks rush in.. :P

rogues make me laugh the most...
    ha i disarmed u....whack shield in the face! rogue runs off in blind panic :P

i also have my DPS trink/trinks macrod into my charge to give me maximum burst/helps with peeling

england, because its awesome *sips tea* *smokes pipe*
    maybe im doing this wrong then, coz when me and my dad (shadow priest) went into a 2v2 thinking gear wasnt really going to be an issue, we faced a frost mage and a shadowpriest. mage had me out of the fight allmost permanently, in between priest CC. and my dad was killed in seconds from casterburst while priest silence. i then got nowhere near them and died. we then went back to BGs.

Don't be discouraged by a shadow priest / frost mage combo. It is one of the best 2s combo out there. The damage coming in is insane, and if you have any form of a melee toon in the group (aka warrior any spec) they will easily be locked down. I run 2k+ on 3s and am striving to get up there in 2s as well. We are rated at 1800ish atm, and we have lost to 1500-1600 rated mage priest combos. I would honestly say that a prot warrior versus arms would definitely shine more than arms.

In your specific combo best bet is to have your dad completely drain the shadow priest of mana and keep him that way. Then you can jsut focus on the mage. Being a warrior reguardless of spec it will take you some time to kill the mage, take it slow and you should be able to get up there.

As far as tips go for prot warrior pvp. Make sure you are living in battle stance and using CS and sunder like they are going out of style. You should always put out as much pressure as possible, and this means gearing for dps. Only difference in an arms/fury warrior gear versus prot gear, is the one hander and shield everything else should match. Should never be gemming or enchanting for resilience/mastery/dodge/parry. You will be over 3k resilience in all pvp gear and dont need more than that especially with all the defensive tools you get as prot. Make sure to switch vigilance to whoever is being focused for the added AP. And the best tip I can give is make sure if there are any pets or guardians you taunt them to yourself, its free rage and completely messes with some people having to reapply their pets.

+ Reply to Thread