Thread: Heroic Maloriak 25 - Phase 2 add bugs

Heroic Maloriak 25 - Phase 2 add bugs

Bug: During phase 2, WELL after the mob is fixated on you, and with clear omen threat, the phase 2 add will randomly drop aggro and go kill someone else.

Ok, this bug has been bothering me because I have no idea what is going on. As stated above about 45ish seconds into phase two on 25M Heroic Maloriak while tanking the add it just stops targeting me and runs to another player. I've got a CLEAR lead in omen and the add has been fixated on me for a long time. I've seen this at least 3 or 4 times and have no explanation.

Has anyone else see this happening?

They restrain comparable to Black Temple - Reliquary of Souls, Phase 1, and tend to attack the nearest person and not the Fixated one. This way Blizzard prevents you from kiting them around all the time (they are a tad to slow and the rend debuff falls off if you manage it ).

You can kite them, just make sure no one is closer to them than you are.

That's odd because I was definitely the closest. I've seen them run clear across the room to smack someone else.

I just tank it away from Maloriak and the rest of the raid, and the add never leaves me, same thing for the other add tank and his add. This is in 25 hc of course.

I keep reading about guilds using three tanks for this encounter. We downed him last ID after 2-3 weeks of trying. At around 5-10% we had a lava spout kill half the raid and things got a little ugly. As I was about to die to the two constructs I was tanking, I tried to kite them with heroic leap. Instead they ran off to start beating on some ranged, so them fixating on their closest target seems about right.

I know the adds buff each others damage output, but it still doesn't seem to be all that high. I'm interested in your reasons for taking three tanks into this aoe heavy fight. On our kill-try I had some small difficulty picking up the 2nd add, but that never happened before.

The reason for three tanks is to split the dmg from the Abriviations he summons, not the phase two or black phase adds. I have no idea how you manage to tank 9 adds on heroic unless you kite them, wich is risky. Their mele damage is significantly higher than normal.
    Also at the start of green phase you have +100% increased damage taken debuff for 15 seconds.

Reasons why we use 3 tanks:

- split the adds during blue/red phase,
    - sometimes just before the dark phase he casts release aberrations. Don't interupt it, the 3rd tank can go pick them up and kite them along dark phase adds, the massive aoe on viles will kill them. This makes the following red/blue/green phases easier (less adds to worry about),
    - due to the great amount of aoe necessary in dark phases it helps to have an extra tank to control adds,
    - makes P2 easier (split and tank the 2 adds).

Basicly more control during all fight. But if you are lacking dps go ahead and use 2 tanks.

Once the last 3 for each green phase spawn, we put down a couple of rings of frost. The add tank pops shield wall and kites them around the circle, using the occasional Shockwave. If the AoE is done right, the adds will go down very quickly. The tanks damage intake is high, but with decent CC it's manageable.

Yes, if the part is done right with little to zero room for errors. Why risk a wipe on this part? One dps less shouldn't make or break this fight for you unless you undergear it.

Coming back to the original question, on normal maloriak I've seen a couple of times where a prime subject that was cleanly fixated on me would go off and chomp on a mage. I put this down to some kind of mirror images glitch (it's the usual suspect with strange agro behaviour around mages). Was it mages for you?