+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lazyness

Lazyness

So recently I decided to stop being lazy and ineffecient. I decided to pick up WoW mostly because I got tired of spending $50-$100 on supposed "Free to Play" games and their cash shops when I could save myself the trouble and just play WoW. I was indifferent b/c I heard good and bad things about the game but really the only bad thing I heard was that you had to pay $15 a month to play (this coming form F2P gamers) and put 2 and 2 together.

So now my point. I'm used to playing a Healer/Priest Class. I want to know is it difficult here in WoW (i.e. Long Cooldowns on vital spells or Nerfed Spells) and if the players in this game RAGE if they die and blame the Priest when its obvious their gear/playing style sux.

Plz Reply thx <333333

Peridot

Leveling is extremely easy, even as a healer (you can queue up for random dungeons, and healers have a short queue time). There is a pretty steep learning curve from 80 to 85 though, especially as a healer. One of the main points of the Cataclysm expansion was to make healer mana matter again, because previously healers could just spam their spells nonstop once they got a bit of gear.

And yes, "blame the healer" is fairly frequent among idiots, but you learn to deal with it.

So Basically the heals and c/d's are ok but from 80-85 mana is an issue?
    Another Q... How long does does it normally take one to get to lvl say...60-70? And are the skills limited to certain expansions?

I levelled my priest alt from 80-85 as discipline, zero downtime, went as fast as in shadow spec. I didn't stop to drink once between 80 and 84.

Oh i probably should have specified more i just recognized. I meant starting at lvl 1 to get to 60 or 70. srry for the mix up

you can level up from 1 as discipline/holy too, it just gets easier at higher levels because you have more talent points available

yeah i was gonna go Holy then later a little Disc i expect lvling to be extremely slow like in other rpgs b/c of lack of damage. Am I accurate?

disc is slightly slower than shadow, but you don't go OOM and your health bar never really drops low either.

Any Holy?

holy is about the same as disc, maybe uses slightly more mana.

Its from 84 to 85 that a lot of healers notice major mana issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot Sky View Post
    So Basically the heals and c/d's are ok but from 80-85 mana is an issue?
    Another Q... How long does does it normally take one to get to lvl say...60-70? And are the skills limited to certain expansions?
    I can get to 60 in about a week of moderate playing, but that's with heirloom gear and guild benefits to XP gains. So probably you're looking at closer to 2 weeks, especially if you've never played the game before. If you're leveling as a healer and wanting to do some questing in addition to dungeons, it will be even slower. That's still far faster than it was back when level 60 was the XP cap. 60-70 goes slightly slower, and then 70-80 is much slower. 80-85 doesn't take too long, but there's a lot of re-learning that has to happen, because a lot of things change.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

And are the skills limited to certain expansions?
    Skills are limited to certain expansions only because of the level cap.

If you just get WoW, you can only get to level 60 and the skills requiring level 60 and below
    70 is TBC
    80 is Wrath
    85 is Cata

Or at least that's how it was. So if you don't have certain expansions there are caps you will reach and parts of the game you can't go to. Butif you have WoW-Cata, then it's really a function of what level you currently are, not the zone you're in.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

And are the skills limited to certain expansions?
    Unless it has changed you need Burning Crusade to learn Jewelcraft and to be a Blood Elf and Draenei, you need Wrath to learn Inscriptions and to be a Death Knight, you need Cataclysm for Arch, Goblins, Worgen.

I found leveling as Shadow to be much easier then holy/disc; plus once you hit 30 you can dual spec and break things and kill monsters as Shadow while questing and heal in dungeons as holy/disc. I have a horde priest, undead, that I took from 1 -47 in about a week; no heirlooms, guild help, or big brother toons to give it gold.

The grind from 70-80 should not be as bad now, they buffed it so you get 15% more XP questing.

And yes idiots will blame the healer when they die, if they are not blaming the tank.

i personnally found it faster to lvl as a healer, and not quest at all (except when waiting in a dungeon que for tank)..Questing can be slow, and dps dungeon ques r insanely slow...With heirlooms (u wont have these until u have atleast 1 lvl capped player) i lvld a prot warr, and resto shaman at the same time (one lost rested status, i played the other, he unrested i went back to the other, etc) and both went from 1-70 in under 6 days during wotlk(bout2.5-3days each)..I hade the chest,shoulders, and fishing ring heirlooms at the time, and all the other ones that donthelp exp gains...

When did they buff levels 70-80 for 15% more?

When cata dropped. I thought they decreased the amount of XP needed, not that they buffed XP received? Anyway, I recall something about the net effect being a 20-25% increase in leveling speed from 70-80 with Cata dropping.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

the grind form 60 to 70 always seemed worse to me more than 70 to 80....

o_O I much prefer 60-70 than 70-80. I hit 74 and it just feels like a horrible grind to me. I can hit 63 without leaving HF, 65 after Zanger, 68 after HF and on to borean tundra... It's 67-70 in outland that I find a grind. But I blow through the earlier levels pretty easily...

And maybe that's why Northrend seems so grindy... I'm using it to finish up the last couple of levels from outland.... I just dislike Blades edge so much...

+ Reply to Thread