+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Need hlp Magmaws munching us

Vong I assume you meant a 2-Tank strat based on context. I agree. 1 Tank for Magmaw, 1 for Adds will help if your guild is struggling.

Add tank at range.
    Main tank on Magmaw's right.
    Everyone else stacked on Magmaw's left. Then just:

1. Move out of ignition if it starts on raid side.
    2. Execute spike properly.
    3. DPS cooldowns for head-down phase.
    4. Everyone out of melee range except tank for transition as he lifts his head up to avoid getting 1-shot.
    5. Reposition, rinse, repeat.

If your tank isn't putting out the DPS necessary to keep adds under control, use one (only one) DPS to help occasionally. Mage/Hunter works good.

cool tyvm our warror tried but was only hitting around 10k dps think the dk was pulling around 15-18k just wondering would a pally tank be better? i have one http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...schrenn/simple is he geared to handle the adds i use mastery food and the elixer when tanking

thx yet again guuys for all the help
    Ishamael

just wondering would a pally tank be better?
    If he's better geared or a better tank, sure. Class-wise no. Warriors are very well suited to this job.

If you're tank is doing 10k DPS he's not properly AoE tanking. He needs to rend, thunderclap to spread the rend, shockwave, and most importantly use Inner Rage + Cleave for incredible cleave damage. Glyph of Revenge helps too, assume he has it. Prot tank DPS on this fight should be 15k minimum as high as 25k.

I usually only shockwave once per worm pack so I'm sure it's off CD for the next spawn.

Ive try to tank the adds, and im not hitting the dps mentioned above , so im guessing its got to do with my stance/spec/gear set up ?
    im also clueless bout a good solid rotation that offers hi dps + threat

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronhind/simple

all and any insight will be most appreciated, thank you

got him down guys tyvm for all the help you been great

congrats on your kill

I think the issue he's having is Magmaw is 1 shotting players when he spits the tank out. That's because the Tank is removed from the threat table when he's grabbed. Your tank can still attack while being munched on, he should taunt while he's in his mouth and again when he gets spit out to avoid Magmaw slapping one of your DPS.

cool thx for advice we been running out and tank being there ready straight away to pick him up worked well
    thx all again

+ Reply to Thread