+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you drink when you play?

What do you drink when you play?

Alcoholic: Makers Mark Whiskey, anything Shiner Beer Company makes, Sam Adams specialty brews, Belgian ales (i.e. Three Philosophers), Kirin Ichiban, SoCo and lime, shots of sake, Irish Car Bombs (depends on what I a doing. Not recommended for raiding. lol).....and that's all I can think of for now.

Non-Alcoholic: Dr. Pepper, Water, Oolong Tea. Only for those long raiding nights.

I need some new ideas for potential game enhancers. What do ya drink?

Water, Milk, OJ, sometimes fruit drinks too.

Water and hot tea, preferably Earl Grey.
    I've seen the future, brother:
    it is murder.

Flensburger, red wine or japanese green tea. And listening to Meshuggah.

water, Diet Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper, or Newcastle ale.

Back in my old guild, <Probably Drunk>, we had a guild drinking game where during a boss fight we would have to drink a beer, then we would have to drink another beer while clearing the trash to the next boss. Once in naxx, we got "shocking" or whatever the achievement was for thaddius for doing it perfectly while we were all hammered, then wiped on the trash to 4 HM because we were just way too drunk to continue.

Good times with that guild, good times.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

@Naka: Hell yeah!

@Agg: Brilliant! I wonder how hard Nefarion will be while we are hammered. Looks like next week just got more interesting.

I see a lot of teas in here. Oolong and Green Tea are great for long nights. Sometimes, an ice cold Shiner Bock gets the raid juices flowing though.

sweet tea and koolaid (fruit punch flavor)
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

When I used to raid, I had my huge 500ml can of Red bull + a NOS waiting for me.

Those days are gone since I raid but the can of Red Bull stays. Nowadays even that thing doesn't phase me as much...I drink water as well. No pop; pop is evil.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Pepsi, Monster or milk, all depends if I'm sitting down with dinner when I start raiding or not, or what I have to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Re: What do you drink when you play?

Coffee in the morning

Water through the day

Scotch (taking suggestions for the next bottle) when I don't have to work the following day.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Coffee in the morning.

Nothing in the evening normally, but sometimes, I'll have a San Pellegrino Aranciata, basically orange soda but better.

I have been known to drink coffee before raids when we are going to do nothing but heroic attempts. Being alert > being drunk during H Magmaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    When I used to raid, I had my huge 500ml can of Red bull + a NOS waiting for me.

Those days are gone since I raid but the can of Red Bull stays. Nowadays even that thing doesn't phase me as much...I drink water as well. No pop; pop is evil.
    I had to stop drinking them so much. I usually have Red Bull at work if I can't wake up, but it's starting to get to the point where I don't like it. Is it sad that I used to just like the flavor? haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotteq View Post
    Coffee in the morning

Water through the day

Scotch (taking suggestions for the next bottle) when I don't have to work the following day.
    Coffee or diet dr pepper in the morning (aka, weekends)...not much of anything through the day...maybe another coffee/soda.

Scotch is a fine choice, except (as someone mentioned) before hardmodes...I generally like Islay scotches. I currently have a bottle of Ardbeg which is nice, but it's a 10 year that costs as much as most 12-15 year old scotches. I had some Bruichladdich (pronounced "brook-laddy") recently which was also quite nice. I've also had Lagavulin (pronounced "lag-a-vool-in", which I've only found in 16 year old, so it's a bit pricier) which was pretty amazing.

I generally love Highland Park too (though they're Orkney, not Islay)...the 12 year is fine, but I have been known to get the 18 year as well.

As for a next-bottle recommendation: Highland Park 12 if you're looking for something fairly cheap but really good, Lagavulin if you're willing to spend a bit more and Highland Park 18 if you're willing to spend even more

mostly hienekens... pace pace pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    I had to stop drinking them so much. I usually have Red Bull at work if I can't wake up, but it's starting to get to the point where I don't like it. Is it sad that I used to just like the flavor? haha.
    This is exactly why I drink em now. It's because I enjoy the flavor. The buzz of it doesn't affect me as much. Coffee is also much less potent. My system just has gotten so used to the intake.

...now this makes for wicked headaches when I don't drink anything on Sundays...or maybe it's just me gaming for 10+ hours on my PC. I forget.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Re: What do you drink when you play?

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    As for a next-bottle recommendation: Highland Park 12 if you're looking for something fairly cheap but really good, Lagavulin if you're willing to spend a bit more and Highland Park 18 if you're willing to spend even more

Thank you for the recommendations!

Currently nearing the bottom of a 15 y/o Macallan. Hardly imaginative, but it's widely available where I live and has become what I compare everything else to. I don't mind spending since I usually sip slowly, so a bottle lasts a while. I will definitely look into that 18 y/o Highland Park!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Alcoholic: Makers Mark Whiskey, anything Shiner Beer Company makes, Sam Adams specialty brews, Belgian ales (i.e. Three Philosophers), Kirin Ichiban, SoCo and lime, shots of sake, Irish Car Bombs (depends on what I a doing. Not recommended for raiding. lol).....and that's all I can think of for now.

Non-Alcoholic: Dr. Pepper, Water, Oolong Tea. Only for those long raiding nights.

I need some new ideas for potential game enhancers. What do ya drink?
    Well Drink....Crown ..of coarse .

But for the best results... after a few ...Lights out .....stereo headphone ..good volume ....

Coke and/or water. Usually more than a liter of it over the course of a raid night. Gotta stay hydrated, especially after a few pre-raid left-handed cigarettes.

+ Reply to Thread