+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10m Chimaeron Healing / cooldowns

10m Chimaeron Healing / cooldowns

My 10man group has killed Chimaeron the past three weeks, but we're changing personnel and I'm not sure how to orchestrate the healing cooldowns to survive each collapse transition.

previously - three druids (boomkin/resto/feral) rotated Tranq + holy pal and resto shaman

new setup - two druids (boomkin/feral) + holy priest (slightly undergeared), holy pal, resto shaman

I'm sure we can survive two transitions where the druids drop tranq ... I'm worried about the third ... or should a holy priest / holy pal / resto shaman be able to get through it without any 8min cooldown? Do most guilds run three healers for chimaeron, or two and try to get to 20% before a third collapse?

- Vulak -

What's wrong with the priest blowing Divine Hymn for the 3rd collapse? In this particular encounter, it's arguably far better than Tranquility anyway for a Feud (collapse), since the added +10% healing buff will get spread around and benefit the other healers who are spamming the group.

If for some reason you don't want to pop it.. yes, a holy priest + holy pala + resto shammie can definitely survive a Feud, although it will involve LOTS of spam healing.

My guild's tactics shamelessly copy-pastaed:

Chimaeron Tactics
    Note: This is a fight designed to challenge healers, thus EXPECT to run out of mana, EXPECT to use the uncomfortably-expensive fast heals in your toolbox, and EXPECT the healing on this encounter to feel very different from what you're used to/expect in Cata.
    Note: If any healer dies before Phase 2, it's almost always a wipe due to them running out of mana.
    10 man: 3 healers + hybrids. 2 healers (any class) focus on healing the two tanks. 1 healer (anything except a druid) uses FAST INEFFICIENT HEALS to top up the raid above 10k during Phase 1; use group heals after Massacre to heal groups up ASAP. Tank damage is heavy, spare HoTs/inspiration/etc on tanks from raidhealer helps. During Feud, everyone stacks up- all healers + hybrids spam group healing ASAP; aim to have at least 1 major cooldown used per Feud (Tranquility, PW:Barrier etc). Phase 2: Priests lifegrip and shield person with aggro (Body & Soul ideal), all healers STOP HEALING AND DPS.

Divine hymn didn't seem to pack the punch needed since it only heals the 3 lowest every 2 sec ... it felt like a healing loss (channeling ftl).

I guess it might be the gearcheck of the fight for our priest atm.

+ Reply to Thread