+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid member dps help.

Raid member dps help.

So I've been running a nice raid lately. We've cleared all of the bosses except the end bosses in each instance. In the last couple weeks we've been making attempts on chogall.
    I have a raid member http://www.maskedarmory.com/wow-armo...ile-24589.html
    This member only pulls like 8-9k dps on any fight. At first it was not an issue, but we have gotten to stage in the raiding where this persons performance has started to impact the ability of the raid group to down bosses.
    We are NOT a hardcore raiding guild. I don't want to have to replace this person. We've tried working with them on rotation and ect but nothing seems to improve the dps.
    My guild run 5-7 10 man raids so replacing this person would be difficult.
    Does anyone out there have any ideas on ways to improve this mages dps? I believe a mage with this gear should be pulling 13-17k dps. Am I expecting too much?

Any constructive advise would be greatly appreciated.
    If you need any more info please let me know. I can also link WOL parse but I'd rather do that privately as to not call out this individual publicly.

I believe WOL logs can be set to anounymous as well for linking purposes, don't remember exactly how off the top of my head.

I'm not sure of the limitations of that masked armory, but it is listing an enchant of +50 intellect on cloak and not listing any other enchants. Is that correct, do they really have no enchants? I'm also not seeing any jewelcrafting only gems being used so he is not benefiting from his profession. There are two pieces of PvP gear and a wand that are sub-optimal.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I mean at a very quick glance, I would say this character would fail the basic character audit done by the real armory. Have you tried using that, just click on the "Advanced" button and it will list out missing enchants and profession bonuses and so on?

Simply put it looks like this person just isn't investing anything into this character.

At a glance there they only have 2 items enchanted and have a belt buckle. They aren't using any of their 3 jewelcrafter gems. They aren't enchanting helm, shoulder, bracer, gloves, legs, boots, and weapon. Even not springing for the super expensive enchants, they are missing something like 205 intellect, 50 mastery, 215 haste (averaging value for weapon enchant included), 35 crit, and 80 stamina.

That's a lot they are missing in just enchants. 20% more haste. 4.7% more intellect. These are very noticable differences.

Bottom line is this character is severely neglected. Not enough investment is being made into them. They should be able to perform better even without this, but the fact that they aren't investing this into their character seems to reflect that they "just don't care".
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

You're correct on the dps underachieveing; here's my mage, who I have invested little time in gearing (was working on my other 4 first), but am finally getting time to focus on her. This toon does 8-9k dps on bosses in reg dungeons and her gear sucks and has been neglected.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lalee/advanced

Just to add, I would not gem pure haste in the yellows, but rather Intell/Haste.

It would help to see your guildie's talent tree and also know the rotation. Fire is very RNG dependent i.e. Hot Streak procs, but also you want to keep the target burning with a DoT on at all times, but not munch your Living Bomb.

+ Reply to Thread