+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Weekly Marmot - Patch 4.1/4.2

The Weekly Marmot - Patch 4.1/4.2

Follow me on Twitter or Facebook!

"http://gyazo.com/3f181aca446527a6bcf8of68f3568cda.png"

All I get is an error message from gyazo...am I doing it wrong?

Btw, the start of this episode was awesome.

...play for 40 hours a day for 3 weeks

makes perfect sense

I might be one of the few that is actually a bit relieved Firelands isn't coming out as fast as we thought because myself and my guild are still progressing through the current tier and we started rushing recently thinking "oh we have to get through all of this content now and gear up to be ready for Firelands asap."

Quote Originally Posted by Voldra View Post
    I might be one of the few that is actually a bit relieved Firelands isn't coming out as fast as we thought because myself and my guild are still progressing through the current tier and we started rushing recently thinking "oh we have to get through all of this content now and gear up to be ready for Firelands asap."
    Same thing here. The raids are still fresh for me and my guild not because it's "too hard" but getting face time with the same guild group each week seems to be a problem (people not being able to show each and every week). Even though the raids are still fresh for us the 5 mans are just /autorun /pause at boss /autorun, so some new 5 mans would be nice to be able to do while not in a raid. The QQ on the wow general forums is gonna be funny to watch too, kinda like a guy getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly.

the good part about the new 5 mans is the 353 (guessing epics) should make it easier for guilds on the edge of completing raids to be a success in the normal version. A small margin, but every bit helps.

I'm kinda expecting a wave of nerfs to hit the current raid tier when 4.1 hits to help accelerate progression. I could be wrong, but it seems like it would be the right time to do it. Gear from the 5 man dungeons alone won't help that much (maelstrom prices will come down), it's mostly skill/strategy that makes the normal mode encounters difficult. Heroic progression curve feels pretty tough.

Coming back to the main point though, I think it all comes down to intention vs execution. Blizzard say they want to have more rapid patch turnover, and I like the idea... but Blizzard also have very high standards for QA and they won't ship these things "until they are done", so I think a lot rides on whether they can actually do a short PTR cycle for 4.1 and then 4.2 or whether they actually end up shipping a lot slower than they want because of their own attention to detail.

Nooo Lore !!!

No ... just no !

The fact is that they are behind, way behind schedule and we might be behind Raid Heroic progression, but not normal progression. Lots of people don't want to clear heroics 4.0 to go to 4.1 normal.
    Also it's not that they want to release patches quicker ... is that they want to release them differently than in the past.

Ulduar was released in April ... we won't see Firelands raid ready for April for sure, maybe July/August, the release date of ToC.

They should have atleast released the Firelands zone with the dailies, or the Mount Hyjal with dailies or Abbysal Maw dungeon and some other new stuff in 4.1.

What about the 2nd raid ? Where is it ? ... My impression is they have only one raid per tier from now on, or had, because no-one is talking about what was the raid on the side of defeating Ragnaros, unless Firelands has two wings or something.
    That secret 2nd raid was certainly behind in the making for 4.1 patch.

Now, no Firelands raid in 4.1 means more than that. Means no PvP season ready, no new BH boss, no new content like dailies for non-raiders, no new stuff in professions for 2nd tier.

I thought they were faster, more careful this time, they had Firelands in development since Blizzcon 2010 or more, so I don't get it why they are so behind now. (Titan new MMO/ Diablo 3 took best people off development, my only normal guess)

With 4.1 ZG and ZA they are just giving something to do in between, that something is not enough for lots of players after 5-6 months.
    Last edited by Rawer; 03-09-2011 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawer View Post
    No ... just no !

The fact is that they are behind, way behind schedule and we might be behind Raid Heroic progression, but not normal progression. Lots of people don't want to clear heroics 4.0 to go to 4.1 normal.
    Also it's not that they want to release patches quicker ... is that they want to release them differently than in the past.

Ulduar was released in April ... we won't see Firelands raid ready for April for sure, maybe July/August, the release date of ToC.

They should have atleast released the Firelands zone with the dailies, or the Mount Hyjal with dailies or Abbysal Maw dungeon and some other new stuff in 4.1.

What about the 2nd raid ? Where is it ? ... My impression is they have only one raid per tier from now on, or had, because no-one is talking about what was the raid on the side of defeating Ragnaros, unless Firelands has two wings or something.
    That secret 2nd raid was certainly behind in the making for 4.1 patch.

Now, no Firelands raid in 4.1 means more than that. Means no PvP season ready, no new BH boss, no new content like dailies for non-raiders, no new stuff in professions for 2nd tier.

I thought they were faster, more careful this time, they had Firelands in development since Blizzcon 2010 or more, so I don't get it why they are so behind now. (Titan new MMO/ Diablo 3 took best people off development, my only normal guess)

With 4.1 ZG and ZA they are just giving something to do in between, that something is not enough for lots of players after 5-6 months.
    There seems to be a lot of guessing in your post there. Fortunately, people like Lore rely on facts. The information is out there, you just have to be willing to drop the conspiracy theories long enough to soak it up. That said,

WTF? It never ceases to amaze me how people get so bent up about something that is free. You pay for the game itself. You pay to play it online. Patches are not a part of those payments. Patches (content or otherwise) are EXTRAS. We are not entitled to new content at any point, companies like Blizzard continue to do this to keep us playing. They could always hold all patches until a whole new expansion and then what would you do?

I've said it on other forums and I'll say it here, a patch is akin to going to a burger joint and ordering just a burger. Then, while you are eating said burger, the management rushes over to your table with fries and a coke and says, "hey, uh, so we kind of figured the burger on its own wasn't quite enough so we decided to upgrade your meal with this drink and fries. The extra food should make for a better meal." Patch = free food.

Quit the QQ and be happy with the FACT that Blizzard at least cares enough about their product to have entire teams working on it endlessly since its release.

Quote Originally Posted by Madyrn View Post
    There seems to be a lot of guessing in your post there. Fortunately, people like Lore rely on facts. The information is out there, you just have to be willing to drop the conspiracy theories long enough to soak it up. That said,

WTF? blah blah blah

burger, blah blah blah Patch = free food.

Quit the QQ and be happy with the FACT that Blizzard at least cares enough about their product to have entire teams working on it endlessly since its release.
    Blizzard ain't Burger King and WoW ain't burgers, and patches are not ketchup that you think you get for free but it's in the price you paid for food anyway. We are in a MMO which is subscription based, if they don't provide patch content people won't keep their subscription for 2 years until next expansion. Maybe on your Xbox you are used to pay 30 $ for 6 hours of play time on crappy games.

I'm not QQing ... I'm just writing what Blizzard promised and what expectation was and I'm only guessing because Blizzard doesn't tell us stuff until we data-mine it or find out wwithout them wanting us to know ...
    My main point is this:
    Now, no Firelands raid in 4.1 means more than that. Means no PvP season ready, no new BH boss, no new content like dailies for non-raiders, no new stuff in professions for 2nd tier etc etc ...

Blizzard ain't Burger King and WoW ain't burgers, and patches are not ketchup that you think you get for free but it's in the price you paid for food anyway. We are in a MMO which is subscription based, if they don't provide patch content people won't keep their subscription for 2 years until next expansion. Maybe on your Xbox you are used to pay 30 $ for 6 hours of play time on crappy games.

I'm not QQing ... I'm just writing what Blizzard promised and what expectation was and I'm only guessing because Blizzard doesn't tell us stuff until we data-mine it or find out wwithout them wanting us to know ...
    My main point is this:
    Now, no Firelands raid in 4.1 means more than that. Means no PvP season ready, no new BH boss, no new content like dailies for non-raiders, no new stuff in professions for 2nd tier etc etc ...
    *Edit: Madyrn would like to apologize for being stupid. His remarks have been removed to prevent further stupidity.

Madyrn
    Last edited by Madyrn; 03-09-2011 at 10:41 AM.

You should stop insulting.

You should stop insulting.
    You should back up your QQ with facts and stop complaining. You have a game to play loaded with plenty of content. In the event that Firelands is delayed beyond a new arena season, Blizzard will make an exception. The whole point of what they are wanting to do now is just that. Release the content that is ready instead of holding back all content so a bigger release can be made. Your season has not been post-poned and they've already made it clear that the new areas will be available just not the raid.

If I insult, it's because I get tired of people blasting something they have not taken the time to understand. Educate yourself about the situation and then see where you are. You certainly won't be crying on forums afterward.

Lore had good information...the comments here make us all stupider for having read them. Good job guys.

Next time watch the video.

It's amazing how the QQ being brought up was addressed in the video by Lore what... five... six times?

Firelands isn't "delayed".
    ZG and ZA are just being released "earlier".

Also, if Blizzard intends on having the PvP season coincide with the Firelands release... if Firelands isn't "delayed" then neither is the new PvP season. Naturally they planned it this way.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Lore had good information...the comments here make us all stupider for having read them. Good job guys.

Next time watch the video.
    You are correct. I removed my childish remarks. I know better. Didn't mean to bring down the mood.

Laughable

Rawer is just like many of the people on the blizzard forums, who complain when they don't get something the way they think they should get it.

Another way to think about it is that blizzard planned for the new raid and new arena season to be released 5-6 months after expansion release (like in april/may) and are just giving ZA/ZG along with the balance changes as an early bonus. Just because 4.1 changed to 4.2 and now they are releasing changes earlier doesn't mean anything is delayed.

If you don't like the job they are doing, then either complain to them directly under the blizzard support tab or use your power of the consumer and stop paying for the service.

Btw, the correct website Lore mentioned in the end is:
    http://gyazo.com/3f181aca446527a6bcf80f68f3568cda.png
    its a 0(zero) not an o

Again ... I'm not qqing ... I'm QQuestioning things ...

Lore thought just like me at first then made the step back. Excuse me but I don't see ZG/ZA brought "earlier" but "on time" and I see Firelands late in development. Zarhym corrected Bashiok because of that, cos people were questioning raid progression as a motive for all new content patch delay.

Rawer is just like many of the people on the blizzard forums, who complain when they don't get something the way they think they should get it.
    You don't even imagine what I think I should get or not get ... all those things I said were stuff Blizzard said it will be and then they changed their mind. You can check forums, old site on google cache, youtube Blizzcon panels etc.
    They had Firelands on the Blizzcon 2009 ...

I'm negative, I know ... but I'm not happy pink life double-rainbow "cool I'm not 12/12 on HC yet anyway" either. I'll repeat myself , I don't care about the Firelands raid, I care of all the futures that should have been brought up with the new tier(new dailies, new quests, new zones, new gear, epic gems whatever). ZG/ZA most people will only do first week unless there will be a gimmick like rewarding Valor points and the quests leading will be done in 30-45 mins and that's it.

I'm curious what people think will be the release dates of next content patches, big or small ... cos Lore said six month is a good margin for new raid content patch ... well I doubt 4.2 will be ready for May.

Although it is fine to agree or disagree with what Lore thinks, (and by all standards, that's what a forum is made for and understanding this is part of moderating certain forums) I would like to remind people that insulting each other because we agree or disagree with certain points shouldn't be ever made into an argument.

Jack Bauer's now watching this thread carefully. Be forewarned.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

+ Reply to Thread