+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shield Block / Mastery

Shield Block / Mastery

I am totally confused on this... Our best stat outside of Stamina is Mastery. Why do we have a block chance % and then Mastery that says "increases your chance to block melee attacks by %?"

I am 47.95 % Block chance and my Mastery is 19.09% = 42%. I am in all blues finally after getting a basic dps bracer with mastery/hit on them so in theory could be used for tanking. I feel that I am in pretty good standing with my stats in ilvl 344 gear sitting at 140k HP unbuffed. At about what time would be viable to start doing the raids tanking?

Are you a warrior or paladin?

If you are looking for a breakdown on your character, I recommend starting a different thread in the "Halp!" section of the forum with a link to your characters armory.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I am a Prot Paladin.
    Wonderbrah - 85 Prot Paladin - Mug'thol Server

Then Mastery will only increase your block. On warriors it increases your block and chance to critically block which is why it would show up twice in the tooltip. Maybe Blizz just got lazy and left it there to display twice for paladins instead of only once.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    I am totally confused on this... Our best stat outside of Stamina is Mastery. Why do we have a block chance % and then Mastery that says "increases your chance to block melee attacks by %?"
    Because while Mastery increases Block Chance, it is not the only source of it.

You always have a 5% block chance as base and the shield enchant also adds a bit (this is the only other source of block chance we know of)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

+ Reply to Thread