+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hunter + Warrior 2v2 arena team, wich spec should I go???

Hunter + Warrior 2v2 arena team, wich spec should I go???

Hi there! I just started a new arena team (2v2) with a Hunter (marksmanship), Ive been alternating my 2 specs (Protection and Arms) with nice results with both at low levels (rating 900-1000) at this point we must make a decision and I need the experts advice, wich spec should I go to optimize our team?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by segavax; 03-06-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Hunter + Warrior 2v2 arena team, wich spec should I go???

Turn the hunter into a healer

Arms though. Prot doesn't have the burst needed in a 2's team. 2 DPS burst will suit you better.
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

I would recommend titan grip fury. I do a lot more burst damage with that spec. I'd assume that you guys have to immediately kill someone with that makeup otherwise your hunter will get hugged and rocked if the other team knows what it is doing. With proper gear a titan warrior can kill a 3k resil pali in under five seconds.

Doing this myself with my 2v2, I find myself a lot more useful as Arms to be honest.

I tried Fury TG and I just..didn't like the feel of it. And if you run into smart teams, it's bye bye enrage, oh noes no more Raging Blow!

We run MM Hunter/Arms Warrior. Doing what i normally do for my points, we've gone 5-3 our best so far but this is with me just starting PvP business honestly. Better individuals will probably have a lot better now.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

I'd say in 2's you'd need the burst from Arms because with a hunter you'll need to take down the opposition pretty quickly or else, if you come up against a team with half a clue, you'll find yourself 1 v 2 very quickly. Hunters are pretty weak in arena at the moment (can't remember their representation in the upper ratings but I do remember it seemed disproportionally low). With your makeup, in most cases, you'll win via burst. Playing a hunter in arena again recently I found that starting out I'd often be able to sit up the back and do my thing, but as soon as you came up against anyone with half a clue I'd get focused pretty hard.

I don't know if this is the best Combo but i should try arms and fury, prot is not a usefull spec anymore since cata release, especially not against mages or any other ranged because it's hard to get rage.

If I were you, I would go with arms. From my experience in cata PvP, they do some pretty good damage in battlegrounds and arenas ^.^

+ Reply to Thread