Thread: Heroic Omnitron Defense System 10

Heroic Omnitron Defense System 10

My current level of loathing for this fight can't be expressed right now, so allow me to get straight to the meat of it. We've been pounding on this one for a few nights now (not consecutively) and I feel like we'll get it just by slamming our heads against it long enough. However as a good little raider I'd like to research other tips and tricks, but there are few documented suggestions for this fight and I'm wondering is it because there are few people making suggestions or if the fight is so random that there are no suggestions besides "heal through the crazy shit and don't make any mistakes, you'll get it eventually." ?

I've watched the Tankspot video that Aliena posted, I've done some other searching around but again there is very little 'helpful' information available. Can anyone suggest a resource or any tips for this fight that's out there?

EDIT: in hindsight, I haven't offered much to offer incentive to help. Here's the comp, etc

Prot Warrior (me)
    Blood Death Knight

Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman
    Holy Paladin

Feral Druid
    Balance Druid
    Rogue
    Hunter
    Mage
    Shadow Priest
    (our DPS mixes in and out, obviously)

We've tried both grouping up in the middle (except for Toxitron) and spreading the 'trons out to the sides of the room. We're using cooldowns for crazy damage portions of the fight. I'm trying to cheat the 'trons into the poison clouds when possible for extra damage. We've improved significantly on killing adds, getting them taken care of before being "gripped" into the poison cloud is hardly an issue any longer. Our interrupting Arcane Annihilator is getting excellent, except for a few instances when our mage can't spellsteal enough to make it interruptible (we apply a few stacks for him to boost his damage, emphasis on few).

I can't even say what exactly is killing us because this fight is so #(@!ing random. We'll have a rhythm going up until 50% or so and then suddenly everything goes straight to hell. I guess what I'm hoping to find here is some magic bullet or trick that we've all overlooked up until now. I understand if no magic bullet exists, but I had to ask.
    Last edited by Outbackjack; 06-03-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

a) Work on Conclave first, it's easier/WAY less brainfuck especially with your ranged heavy lineup and a rogue for wind plateau.
    b) Get used to the "random" factor and work straight on it if you want the kill. It takes some time until everyone gets into the fight and remember all the possible actions ("Oh yeah there was that shield.").

For more overview I'd recommend a two-position-tactic with the trons next to the middle (except Toxitron of course), only swapping back and forth on pinned flamethrowers or those toxic clouds.

Have your dots classes utilise Arcanotron's puddles to the max (while growing it grants +100% damage instead of +50%), everyone should specc into anti blob talents to handle them ASAP (your rogue will have to kick Arcanotron later on, leaving you with less CC/dps on the blobs).

Quote Originally Posted by outbackjack View Post
    I can't even say what exactly is killing us because this fight is so #(@!ing random. We'll have a rhythm going up until 50% or so and then suddenly everything goes straight to hell. I guess what I'm hoping to find here is some magic bullet or trick that we've all overlooked up until now. I understand if no magic bullet exists, but I had to ask.
    There is no magic bullet there, you just have to find out what your dieing from, give us logs.

Sad to say, this fight is truly an RNG one. If you get the wrong combo of trons up at once, it can wipe you even if you're doing everything right. Such as adds spawning as you all get sucked into a could, or a lightning conductor going out as you get pulled in. Minus Toxitron, the other 3 are fairly easy to manage on their own. It boils down to being a fight of complete raid awareness and having your raid think on their feet. Even after the first kill, it may still be a few wipes until you get it again.

Finally killed this last night after far too many stupid deaths. It really seems to be a matter of perfect execution as far as I can see. I'm hoping we don't see more of these "you've made one mistake, now you've damned the whole raid" encounters in the future. Here are the logs from last night just for kicks.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=42166
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

It's a matter of practice and keeping a cool head right to the end. There really is no 'trick' to it.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.