+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Farming/Raiding Music

Best Farming/Raiding Music

I am biased because of my addiction to metal, but I want to see what others listen to while raiding or farming.

Besides Deadmau5 in the playlist, it consists of mostly Psychostick, Meshuggah, Pantera, Fear Factory, Periphery, Bury your dead, Chimaira, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Powerglove, and a few others. \m/

Lol, powerglove is awesome. I'm a fan of stuff like manson and SOAD for raiding, but for farming I do more like stuff you can relax to and just let your mind zone out. The right techno or just good 90's alternative usually does the trick for me with those.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Raiding/Farming I listen to the same stuff, Nachtmahr (aggrotech), Grendel (harsh EBM), Agonoize (aggrotech), and my Hardstyle mix ablum plus other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

I will have to check that out. Trying to expand my horizons. Aggrotech sounds bad ass imo. Thanks.

If I'm farming, I'm usually listening to some really ambient music (Drudkh, Isis, Opeth (some anyways), Agalloch)

Raiding I normally keep to the bgm music. Which in Blackwing Descent is very awesome. Either that or I listen to music from OCRemix, which remixes video game music and I find it pretty fun.

Isis (R.I.P.) is always good. Definitely for farming. Raiding, I need some blast beats.

@Toush, you have any other suggestions. Very interesting genres, but I liked it.

Woops, totally missed this thread. Well, besides Meshuggah and other technical/prog metal bands like Textures, SikTH or Gojira also some 'lighter' prog stuff like Tool, Porcupine Tree, RATM. Sometimes jazz such as Miles Davis or Keith Jarrett or some good fusion (Brecker Brothers, Niacin). Aphex Twin when I feel electronic.

Anything I listen to at other occasions, I guess. *g*
    Last edited by Naka; 03-12-2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: typo

Sikth! Yes. If you like them, you should check out "Periphery" and "Animals as Leaders". I have been rotating those two with Psychostick these last 2 weeks. Animals as leaders is all instrumental prog metal godliness.

Yeah, I know Animals as Leaders, good stuff. Will definitely check out Periphery when I can... read the name once or twice already, have to give them a shot. There's actually quite a few young bands with obvious Meshuggah influence out there... CiLiCe, Fellsilent, Uneven Structure just to name a few. None of them can actually reach the 'best metal band on the planet' (Devin Townsend), of course, but some of them sound pretty good while trying it, heh.

Strapping Young Lad. There is a band I need to listen to today. Some of the best stuff ever.

Trance music.

Any kind. It puts me in a zone and I just cruise through my stuff. But I only do this during leveling sprees when no one is home and asking for my attention. Otherwise..well I get yelled at for it.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

It gonna sound weird, but I usually put a video of some episode of ST Next Gen and listen. Its not music per se, but Its something on the background at least.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/naphazw/simple
    Other Characters visit my profile

Best Farming/Raiding Music

BTBAM - Colors was stuck in my comp's CD player for nearly a year. After I finally got it out with a lucky shot from a paperclip, I promptly got BTBAM - The Great Misdirect stuck in there....

drowning pool or i killed the prom queen for raids or pvp farming i just resize wow and watch some episodes of some such

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    Trance music.

Any kind. It puts me in a zone and I just cruise through my stuff. But I only do this during leveling sprees when no one is home and asking for my attention. Otherwise..well I get yelled at for it.
    I'm the same way. However, when my daughter or FiancÚ is home, I have to plug the headphones in. Unfortunately, Trance/House is not as enjoyable while farming if it's not on speakers.

Daft Punk, Pantera, and Portishead are being rotated at the moment. Depends on the mood of the night.

+ Reply to Thread