+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Firelands too fast or too slow debate.

Firelands too fast or too slow debate.

Have seen a few postings regarding this topic in both directions. The simple fact is it just doesn't make business sense for blizzard to release new raid content right now. Too small of a % of players have actually finished the current content. Blizzard is looking to appeal to the masses. That being said, I dont know anyone that doesnt like new content even though we are only a few months into the new game.

What are your hopes for firelands? Another Ulduar? TOC? ICC?

Onitall on nordrassil

Define 'new'

Do they mean as in 'not enough people cleared hardmodes'? (/point 10man HM) or are they talking about casuals not having cleared everything on normal yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

There are maybe 3 or 4 guilds on horde side of my server who have started to do heroic modes. Many guilds work on starting to raid. Yes, my server is not the fastest, but I think it's a good indication where "most" players are.

I would consider the 12 normal modes the "current content". I imagine that most guilds that are serious at all about raiding will have at least seen all 12 of these bosses by the time Firelands hits. Hardmodes to me feel like a bonus, and I think it would be unreasonable to expect all the raiding guilds to have Sinestra down by the time we hit our next tier. We'd be waiting a pretty long time.

As for the Firelands raid itself, I'm hoping for a throwback to Molten Core. Semi-linear, around 10 bosses, and the feeling that you're truly in an epic and hostile area. As much as I love the convenience of the modern raids, I can't help but feel sometimes that these "lairs" full of the most powerful beings in the world are kind of dinky little makeshift hideouts. Amusingly, TotFW feels more epic to me than BWD, and there's like nothing there.

I'm guessing that Blizzard have a pretty good feel/statistics for when new raid content is due(or overdue). They are likely monitoring the overall "normal"-mode progression of guilds/players and have a marker(i.e normal nefarian killed by X amount of guilds/players perhaps?) for when they should release the new raidinstances. They want the majority of the playerbase to experience most of the released normal content. Fact is the only 17 % of the guilds(less than 8000) registered on WOWProgress have killed normal Nefarian - not that many yet really.

Ofc the extreme hardcore progression guilds might be a bit hungry for new content by the time the rest of the community catches up. However the extended "farm-time" is just a tradeoff when you rush through content and invest obscene amount of time on progress/chasing server firsts. I'm personally pretty happy with the decision since my guild only raids 9 hours a week, startet raiding early january and we still aim to be 13/13hc before Firelands is released.
    Last edited by Erkebrand; 03-04-2011 at 06:25 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Erkebrand/advanced

They have already said Firelands won't come out until patch 4.2

yeah, firelands isn't going to release with 4.1 and content patches normally roll out around the 6 month mark historically, so with cata hitting in dec7, we'll probably see it around june timeframe, they'll reset arena/rated bg's, etc. the ZG/ZA stuff is probably just a mini thing to add to the heroic grind that we've been doing to add some fun, and to help later progressing guilds to help bridge the gear gap to get into raids before the new content hits.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I really do not understand why exactly Blizzard would be releasing ZG and ZA for anything more then to keep the Wrath babies who want their free epics happy, and even then those instances are tuned fairly high for the 349 item level requirement to queue for them, but are pretty easy for the 359 item level player who has been raiding. I would hope that the Firelands is not the only raid being released in the next raid patch though, having a few different types of raids in order to obtain your tier gear is better then having one where everything drops from. This kind of happened with Tier 5 where you had Kara, Mags and Gruuls for that tier, which is what is happening currently where different bosses in different raids drop various slots of heroic tier tokens so we aren't sitting there getting burned out on one instance for 6 months like what happened in Wrath.

And a lot of the serious guilds are 4/13 in heroic content or further. Like I know Lore's guild just got Magmaw and Maloriak down on HM last week, my guild just downed Maloriak and Atramedes on HM this week and are moving on to new bosses for progression. Odds are these types of guilds will probably have Sinestra down by the time Firelands comes out, assuming people can get past the cockblock that is Ascendant Council HM.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 03-04-2011 at 10:34 AM.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    yeah, firelands isn't going to release with 4.1 and content patches normally roll out around the 6 month mark historically, so with cata hitting in dec7, we'll probably see it around june timeframe, they'll reset arena/rated bg's, etc. the ZG/ZA stuff is probably just a mini thing to add to the heroic grind that we've been doing to add some fun, and to help later progressing guilds to help bridge the gear gap to get into raids before the new content hits.
    Also, maelstrom crystals.

And as to "too soon"...I dunno...hard to say if it being pushed back is good or not. I'd LIKE to clear the majority of the heroic 10 man content before Firelands..I'm dubious that we'll kill, frex, nef or sinestra...but I'd like to at least get a crack at the rest.

What I DON'T want is to have been farming it for 4 months by the time the new instance comes out...I'd rather it came out early than late, in that respect.

+ Reply to Thread