+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Finally Warrior Buffs!

Finally Warrior Buffs!

Thank you Blizzard finally! For anyone that's still in the dark

-Pummel is now usable in all stances.
    -Shield Mastery no longer affects the cooldown of Spell Reflection, however, it now allows Shield Block to reduce magic damage as well.

This coupled with the Raid-Wide Last Stand are great great changes to Warrior tanks that finally bring us in line with other tanks in terms of interrupts/CDs (Very helpful to me since I run 10s).

Great PvE changes! Prot Warriors got hit hard in PvP but oh well. I'll take the bullet for these changes.

* Raid-Wide Last Stand shares CD with 'normal' Last Stand
    * Spell Reflect is now a 25s CD instead of 10 and can only be reduced to 20 rather than 6
    * Gag Order is no longer available on a 12s CD.

It's a nice change for raiding, but a heroic tank is getting slightly nerfed, especially against casters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

spell reflect is not just a prot PVP ability!
    this basically means casters will now munch my butt far easier....joy

will spell reflect work in raids now?
    Reev: So, do I macro /dance into Shield Slam now? Raysere: Yes, I hear it increases your DPS Gold balance gear quality attractiveness to the opposite gender considerably

I think the pummel change is good. It was silly having warriors be the only tank with a greater than 10 second interrupt.

The Shield Block change is a bit odd. Seems really strong. Basically gives warriors a shield wall in addition to the existing shield wall every 30 seconds. I think warriors have already been in a really good place, so this change confuses me.

I'm not too happy about the spell reflect change. It was one of my primary ways to get rage on Grand Vizier Ertran, for example, and on a 25s cooldown, it won't do that anymore. Still, I imagine this change was to keep warriors from being the obvious choice on Cho'gall.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    Still, I imagine this change was to keep warriors from being the obvious choice on Cho'gall.
    Ok, I missed the briefing. What spells can be reflected on Cho'Gall? And on that note, is there any source/list of abilities/spells that are reflectable?
    Emeritus of Sylvanas EU - A three day a week hard core guild

Shield Bash has been removed from the game
    +
    Gag Order now only affects Heroic Throw
    =
    Pummel is our interrupt. WTF?
    Last edited by Heladys; 03-01-2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: <- tard

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Shield Bash has been removed from the game
    +
    Gag Order now only affects Heroic Throw
    =
    Pummel is our interrupt. WTF?
    A good thing. We now have a 10 second interrupt instead of a 12 second interrupt with a silence component. Totally cool with that. Brings us in line with all the other tanks, except DKs and Paladins, who each have an additional interrupt.

A good thing. We now have a 10 second interrupt instead of a 12 second interrupt with a silence component. Totally cool with that. Brings us in line with all the other tanks, except DKs and Paladins, who each have an additional interrupt.
    So what has that done to the "Gag Order" talent? Is it being replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by Mhoram View Post
    So what has that done to the "Gag Order" talent? Is it being replaced?
    Gag order still reduces the CD on heroic throw to 30 secs and adds a silence to it. Barring any other PTR changed this will be how it looks on 4.1

I don't care about being in line with them, I care the nerf inherent in losing utility.

Is it fair? Maybe. Does it suck? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Gag order still reduces the CD on heroic throw to 30 secs and adds a silence to it. Barring any other PTR changed this will be how it looks on 4.1
    So it's basically a useless talent now. Which is what I thought they were trying to avoid.

Oh, well. It'll be hotfixed in a day anyway. And then hotfixed again a day later. And then again a day later. And on, and on.

Shield Bash has been removed from the game.
    Goodbye old pal, you were a trusted comrade and saw me through many tight situations. You'll be missed all the more keenly after your surly and disreputable cousin Pummel moves in.

So it's basically a useless talent now. Which is what I thought they were trying to avoid.

Oh, well. It'll be hotfixed in a day anyway. And then hotfixed again a day later. And then again a day later. And on, and on.
    This is true. I'm annoyed at the moment, but things change quick. I'll be Zen.

The Shield Block change is a bit odd. Seems really strong. Basically gives warriors a shield wall in addition to the existing shield wall every 30 seconds. I think warriors have already been in a really good place, so this change confuses me.
    I've similar concerns. A 20-25% magic reduction on such a short cooldown looks way to good to be true. With less reduction.. 10% it's more in line with other CDs (Barskin, Divine Prot both 20% but only once every 60s) but to weak to make any difference. What i really fear is that they might revert SB back to a 60s CD to equal all this out.

Regarding the good place of a warrior, they're last place progression wise. No external CD that greatly helps the raid (pala: raidwall, druid: battleres, innervate), that's why they're now bringing raidwide last stand. You might want to argue about the safeguard talent.. but it's 30s cd and only affects one out of 25 people and you don't have the luxury to always move the boss.

The change to pummel is pretty strong for pvp and i'm fine with it for pve as well. Changes to spell reflect are pvp oriented as well, an Arms specced warrior running around with a shield and destroying/annoying caster teams nonstop thanks to gag order and 6s spellreflect.

Finally Warrior Buffs!

Ummmm... The only thing itdoesnow that it won't do afterthe patch is add a silence to shield bash, which was never a huge deal to begin with. If you liked gag order before the patch, you should still like it after.

Will mean we'll have to save Shield block for specific attack now as oppsosed to keeping it on CD for most fights, which complicates things slightly but otherwise sounds more fun. I agree this sounds way too good to be true, the old tier 8 bonus was happily ever after good.

Spell reflect i'm not happy about, will mean i get smug satisfaction from getting people to blow themselves up in BGs less often, but it is silly powerful.

I will miss Shield bash, will have to make a macro to replace Pummel's icon with Shield Bash, and thus live happily in denial, however I now don't feel too bad about dropping gag order.

Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    * Raid-Wide Last Stand shares CD with 'normal' Last Stand
    * Spell Reflect is now a 25s CD instead of 10 and can only be reduced to 20 rather than 6
    * Gag Order is no longer available on a 12s CD.

It's a nice change for raiding, but a heroic tank is getting slightly nerfed, especially against casters.
    Overall, I think I like these changes. However I'm thinking of the casters in VP and my rage in those fights... :-/ But overall, I do like it.
    Heroic throw is now the only silence warriors have with Gag order?

I'm glad I don't PvP, but I like for raiding.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Ummmm... The only thing itdoesnow that it won't do afterthe patch is add a silence to shield bash, which was never a huge deal to begin with. If you liked gag order before the patch, you should still like it after.
    I'd guess that most people liked it due to the silence on shield bash, primarily. If it's not providing that, its value goes way down.

It's not as though you could silence most things that were worth silencing anyway, nor were you actually blowing Shield Bash just for the silence and not the interrupt.

+ Reply to Thread