+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blitz-Warr..Y/N?

Blitz-Warr..Y/N?

Blitz, T1 Arms tree...I've seen all of the specs listed in several warr guides, and i do not see anyone use it..At 1st i was using it in Protection but fouund it to just break cc, if/when a party member cc too close to the party,not giving room between the cc'd mob and our combat position...

If i do ever have issues with threat, its at the start of a pull due to overzealous dps, and saw a definate advantage to it..Especially in placeslike GB if we had little to no cc..But as previously stated, if we ARE using cc, it can be a breaker...

I guess im just asking, if its at all useful, or if anyone has had any better exp using it?

I kinda like this talent in 5man dungeons. Having 3 targets stunned at once gives me the required time to apply rend then TC all the mobs. For example, a typical pull would be like: heroic throw (with gag order) a caster and then move backward a bit while waiting for the CCs to take effect. When the mobs are far enough from the CC ones, charge (woot 3 mobs are stunned and those further away should come within range), rend, and TC.

You should use Shockwave for that. It would stun every mob if you position yourself right. I think there are much better talents to use those points on as prot. Either utility or threat.

Maybe it's good for BGs, never tried it.

That was why i origionally grabbed Blitz..However on pulls where its pulled with a Hex, trap, or Poly i find that im just breaking the cc's anyway...Unless its cc on all the casters, it seems to be a negative...With melee only mobs left running at us after the ranged r cc'd thanthis is awesome, but im finding more often than not, its atlast a mixture of both...Shockwave seems to do the job nicely...If there were a priority list for this talent, that would be great!

Thanx for the replies guys..Seems like this is specifically a playstyle preference talent..

Quote Originally Posted by Katzazi View Post
    You should use Shockwave for that. It would stun every mob if you position yourself right. I think there are much better talents to use those points on as prot. Either utility or threat.

Maybe it's good for BGs, never tried it.
    ^ Yep.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Katzazi View Post
    I think there are much better talents to use those points on as prot.
    Which ones exactly? Especially if you're talking about just entering heroics and not raiding in general.

Speccing 7/3/31 and dropping Deep Wounds, Cruelty, Vigilance and Incite in favor of Blitz, Bloodcraze, Gag Order and Thunderstruck might yield decent results on the short run.

If you're talking pure utility, Drums and Piercing howl would trump blitz. Both are more useful for the duration of the fight and for grouping purpses, stunning extra targets could actually make things more difficult if they then up outside the TC range. It would seem to have value for PvP, but even starting out in heroics, an extra 3 second stun once per trash pull (or less if you pull the next group accidently) just doesn't have as much value... And esepcially if the DPS is better geared, a TPS build would get you far more mileage.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I always found, when looking at this talent, that it was more of a PvP tool than anything and even then, more in the BG areas than Arena (CC is more prominent in that part of PvP.)

As such, it would depend on what you plan on doing. From what it sounds like, you're looking at PvE and I find more hindrance than good from this skill.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

I used to use it to get some more starting rage for the first few seconds of a pull. I dropped it though, because once you start the encounter it becomes useless.

As for PvP, I've never found a talent I can justify dropping for this. I suppose you could charge and stop multiple flag cappers with it... but then again if it puts on DRs it's still going to be working against you.

Blitz-Warr..Y/N?

In PvE there are more useful talents.

In PvP there are more useful talents.
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

+ Reply to Thread