+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to reforge the simple way for fury Warriors

How to reforge the simple way for fury Warriors

After reading lots of "Halp" questions and seeing opinions on reforging I think I have found a way to make it very simple and easy to understand if you follow these guidelines:

You want to reforge crit on every piece of gear possible including trinkets. Crit is KING!
    Reducing hit on a trinket and getting hit from haste on other gear is a win.
    Haste is horrible and you should reforge it.
    If a piece of gear has crit and haste you will be using that haste to reach the hit and expertise caps or possibly add mastery.
    You need 781 expertise(or 6.5%) to cap. If you have more than that it's a waste and you can reforge excess expertise to crit>mastery.
    You need 600 hit (8% with precision) as a TG warrior. SMF warriors can use up to 12% hit depending on comfort levels with the proper rotation. Excess hit should be reforged to....crit>mastery
    When you are done, if you did it correctly, every piece of gear will have crit on it and you have reforged every piece of gear with haste on it into something useful.
    You will find in general that gear with crit and mastery was probably untouched.

Best of luck,

BUNG
    Last edited by Bung; 03-03-2011 at 09:57 AM.

title changed to specific dps warriors.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Warrior-Guide

is where i got all of my info.

he dosn't show exactly what to reforge, but
    Hit(till 8%) > Expertise(till 26) > Strength >[ Hit> Haste](until Rage generation is adequate) > Crit > Mastery > Hit> Haste

Most people, and im not saying all will be like.. "Wtf this is not helping at all" So what I did was.

I reforged Low stats like Haste. to Hit and or Expertise, untill I hit 26 Expertise so they cant dodge or parry your attacks, and 8% hit so you cant miss your special attacks.

Pretty much all of your gear should have a good amount of Crit and or haste, But you should reforged the lower stat to a more beneficial stat.

Unforgivein, I think that part is out of date. I don't think TGM's updated it since HS was nerfed, which decreased the need for hit/haste for rage gen purposes.

So now it is:

Hit to 8% > Exp to 26 > Str > Crit > Mastery > hit to 27 > haste.

Unless you're desprate for rage, haste will always be reforged to crit or mastery and haste should NEVER be looked to for rage generation purposes. Hit gives slightly more rage per point (on average over a very large sample) and more importantly, fewer miss strings.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

[QUOTE]Hit to 8% > Exp to 26 > Str > Crit > Mastery > hit to 27 > haste./QUOTE]

This is essentially what I said above. I wrote what I wrote in order to maximize reforging. Using up all the avail haste on gear and getting crit on every piece is as good as it gets.

i personally still find very little room for error at 8% hit and prefer to have a little extra so i dont accidently rage starve
    but thats maybe just cos im a baddie lol otherwise totally agree.

ps it maybe worth putting 4.0.6 in the title as well for future purposes as things look likely to change?

That's a good point. I could also just label it pre 4.1 since this thread might only be useful until then LOL.

can use up to 12% hit depending on comfort levels with the proper rotation.
    I did mention this too but I was trying to stick to just discussing reforging. In order to really master the rotation you almost have to have an addon which helps you know when you have 80+ rage, incite procs, etc...Otherwise you will be looking all around your screen instead of focusing on what you are hitting. When you accidentally hit HS when you shouldn't additional hit above 8% will create some rage to help you out. If you are not good with the rotation at all I have read some articles saying 12% is ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    Unforgivein, I think that part is out of date. I don't think TGM's updated it since HS was nerfed, which decreased the need for hit/haste for rage gen purposes.

So now it is:

Hit to 8% > Exp to 26 > Str > Crit > Mastery > hit to 27 > haste.

Unless you're desprate for rage, haste will always be reforged to crit or mastery and haste should NEVER be looked to for rage generation purposes. Hit gives slightly more rage per point (on average over a very large sample) and more importantly, fewer miss strings.
    Ahh, Well thank you Logan,

It's all dependent on how you manage your rage, that is a basic formula posted on EJ. Play around with dummies/raids for a while and find your own comfort zone. That stat weight is NOT correct for everyone.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Saal/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by SixStringsXD View Post
    It's all dependent on how you manage your rage, that is a basic formula posted on EJ. Play around with dummies/raids for a while and find your own comfort zone. That stat weight is NOT correct for everyone.
    The stat weight is correct for maximizing your output. That's always been the case with the guides here. "This is optimal". If you don't manage your X well, very few of the guides will be best for you to use.

The state weight Bung listed is correct, the player may not be using the abilities optimal to make the most use of those weights.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread