Thread: Heroic Mal 10 man channeled fire breath missing our rogue

Heroic Mal 10 man channeled fire breath missing our rogue

So, we spent tonight working on heroic maloriak and did pretty well. Went into the fight with a little experience in the past and quickly got the black phase down well, had the interrupts on the lightning fine, the blue phase was no problem, but the red phase kept owning us over and over and finally we found the problem.

It seems our rogue would often not get hit at all by his channeled fire breath, even when he was stacked directly on top of everyone else. We were stacking very tightly to increase the effectiveness of healing rain and holy radiance, and on at least 7 occasions we had people randomly get hit for 130k+ and 1 shot from the breath because of this. He was not cloaking, though even if he did it should still absorb his part, but it just was not hitting him at all, and thus not splitting the damage with him.

This wasn't a constant. He would get hit 2 out of 3 times it was cast, but we had 3 wipes in a row from it missing him, and a few of those would have likely been kills had it not caused us to lose players.

Does anyone know what could cause this? I was trying to figure out if it was some rogue talent, but I really couldn't find anything that made him innately be missed by a channeled magic effect.

I've never seen this happen personally. You need more than just your 8 people (Counting add tank and person with consuming flames not being hit) to survive it effectively. Make sure if you have a mage hes using his mirror images for that, boomkin use trees and put them on passive standing with the raid, warlocks/hunters/DKs bring their pets back to the raid and stand still. Hunter Snake traps work well too from what I hear. Do these things and you should find it considerably more survivable.

Yeah, our hunter wasnt stacking his pet but will tonight, but every time it was hitting all 8 of us it was not killing anyone. We have 2 paladins and a resto shaman so we were able to get everyone completely topped between them. It would often take someone to less than 10% health but it never killed anyone as long as it hit all 8.