+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Need more Input, on my Fury Warrior

Sunder duty only comes into play if there is a pally tank or DK tank. Sunders are not needed when you have a druid tank. HT isn't costless and it has it's uses vut cleave glyph will benefit you way more. You already have the CS glyph which helps with sunders. Put 2 sunders up before you hit your first CS and it puts up the 3rd one for you. HT is handy if the sunder stacks are falling off and you can't get to the boss(atremedes type fight). You will be cleaving quite a bit on heroic Maloriak, Halfus, and some other boss fights. Although on single targets the glyph does nothing for you but imo it's way better.

thank you for that did not know,, also the group i am raiding with the tanks are a pally and DK,, only have two bear tanks in guild but one is a boomy's OS the other is the alt of our main shaman healer but will look at changing the glyph today,, will probably also change my BS glyph to the SA one,, to reduce its rage cost

Ok you all knowing wisened sages of rage and destruction,, i got a curiousity question for you,,

it has been a bit since i posted on here,, and i check the site periodically reading up on what y'all post on my favorite class, and there was one thing that i have either failed at seeing or i just completely became a bumklaut and missed, it is dealing with in-combat macros. i have one i use to burn all my CD's at one time saves me a couple of seconds,, but as far as actually ability commands i am lacking any, and curious if there were any,, i do not stance dance much if at all, and with my action bar setup (bartender with about 8 action bars) i can change my stance by pressing on key,,, oh and yes i should state i am one of those fail clickers,, not sure why but it is easier for me, probably from years of playing NWN, BG, and other old RPGs on the pc.. i can still move via mouse when i need to but i do most of my movement via keys, i got nine keys bound strictly for my movement...

my other querry is on Beth'tillac,, i am incharge of taunting the spinners down and dpsing them,, well to taunt them down i am spending a lot of time in my prot stance for my taunt, so it is cutting my dps down,, i was wondering if there was a better way to go about it,, in prot stance with my dps gear i think last fight i was doing about 12k till the burn phase,,where i got a nice spike in it,, i guess this also goes with ryolith i am on the legs steering him so for 3/4's of the fight my dps is crap,, i am only getting like 6k yellow attacks till armor has like 3 stacks left,, but when the armor breaks my dps rockets up,, think i was averaging 48k during the burn phase so i was curious if on these two fights is there a way for me to do higher sustained dps

i also wanted to say that i have always appreciated the insight and thoughts of you all on this forum and all the other ones i have read

I have found that my Shield Wall macro saves my behind constantly. I click it 3 times and it changes to shield, pops CD, and changes me back.

For Beth, a taunt macro may help. You could probably write one similar to the one i use for Shield Wall. That way you could dps in zerker stance during taunts CD. I'm not sure in practice since I don't taunt spinners anymore. I burn spiderlings followed by spinners/drone.

As for Rhyolith, I wouldn't worry too much about your dps while steering unless steering is an issue. The primary damage taken until the armor is down will come from volcanoes.

Stance dancing isn't really necessary anymore. For PVE purposes it can be useful in certain situations like the above poster mentioned. You still need to equip a shield in order to cast shield wall but you don't need to change stances so something like this works ......

/equipslot 16 (name of any one hander)
    /equipslot 17 (name of any shield)
    /cast Shield wall
    /stop casting
    /equipslot 16 (name of dps weapon)
    /eqipslot 17 (name of offhand dps weapon)

Hit this macro once and it equips shield and casts shield wall. Hit it a 2nd time to get your dps weapons back in your hands. You can just hit this macro twice quickly because shield wall can persist after you have no shield equipped anymore. This macro is useful when you know as a melee you are going to get hammered. It saves your healers mana as well. Enraged regeneration and rally cry are also very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladislaus View Post
    my other querry is on Beth'tillac,, i am incharge of taunting the spinners down and dpsing them,, well to taunt them down i am spending a lot of time in my prot stance for my taunt, so it is cutting my dps down,, i was wondering if there was a better way to go about it,, in prot stance with my dps gear i think last fight i was doing about 12k till the burn phase,,where i got a nice spike in it,, i guess this also goes with ryolith i am on the legs steering him so for 3/4's of the fight my dps is crap,, i am only getting like 6k yellow attacks till armor has like 3 stacks left,, but when the armor breaks my dps rockets up,, think i was averaging 48k during the burn phase so i was curious if on these two fights is there a way for me to do higher sustained dps
    10m or 25m? In 25m Go prot and vig a tank for taunt-spam or have range take them down. If it's 10m, wouldn't a macro like:

/cast defensive stance
    /stopcasting
    /cast taunt
    /stopcasting
    /cast berserker stance
    /stopcasting

Work? Something like this would limit the down time, you'd just have to manually keep track of your taunt CD timer. And I'm sure that's not right as far as the macro, more of a guess given the incredibly small amount I actually know about macros.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Honestly it's kind of dumb to have one person only taunting the spinners. We have every class help because it's so important to get them down and kill them....If you really wanted to macro it I don't think you need as many stopcasting lines. Since as fury spec you don't really need a defensive stance set up. Why not just click on the defensive stance icon and have taunt on your hot bar?

Landslide does stack.

hmm should have stated that better i am in my fury dps tree just in defensive stance,, we do have multiple peopl on killing the spinners it is just i am the only one with a viable taunt that seems to work the ground tank normally taunts one while he his going to corner picking up the drone, the web tank taunts one to ride up at the start of fight after that it is me the locks taunt like ability does not hold their aggro or bring them down, only healer with a taunt is the pally and he rides up the web of the one i taunt down first, the hunter in our group has tried to use buth his and his pets taunt but again the spinners do not drop, only other one we have is a boomkin who is on the hatchlings for his magic shrooms and aoe,, it is on 10m,, my guild does not have enough heals on at same time to do a 25,, we tried but with work schedules makes it so we might have a max of 4 viable heals online at one time,, not saying we do not have more on,, just that are actually capable and ready to raid ....

i will look at incorporating the stance change macro.. and yes Loganisis i am not all that good with macros either why i was asking bout them,, now if it is a macro for me emoting telling someone they have a purdy mouth i am good with it

Quote Originally Posted by Bung View Post
    Honestly it's kind of dumb to have one person only taunting the spinners. We have every class help because it's so important to get them down and kill them....If you really wanted to macro it I don't think you need as many stopcasting lines. Since as fury spec you don't really need a defensive stance set up. Why not just click on the defensive stance icon and have taunt on your hot bar?
    I was thinking it would be one button to cycle the process... but I'm probably wrong in how it works.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

you shouldn't actually need any stop casting lines, since precious few fury abilities have cast times (Slam which you dont't hard cast, and shattering throw. you could probably use something like this:

#showtooltip Taunt
    /cast [nostance:2] Defensive Stance
    /castsequence [stance:2] Taunt, Berserker stance

Landslide doe stack

got a curiousity question,, i have noticed by checking logs the main difference between me and other warriors is the amount of crits,, i am curious as to what your raid groups make-up is?,, from talking with another fury-war on server he is getting like 50-55% of all attacks as crits where i am doing good to get 30% of all attacks,, guess the reason i am asking is cause compared to other guy my gear is a lot more solid even on stats,,

so i guess my question is two part,, what is the overal percentage of you alls attacks that are crits and what is your raid make-up?

my raid team
    tanks = Pally MT, DK OT
    Heals= Pally, Shaman, Priest
    Dps= Demo-Lock, Marks-Hunter, Balance-Druid, Assass-Rogue, and me fury-war

If you could get your crit up some it would help quite a bit with flurry uptime. Apparatus and essence are not ideal trinkets. You can't reforge any of your expertise (and you have an expertise gem) because you really need to get Heroic HOR. Once you have that trinket (which is better than apparatus) you can reforge lots of expertise on on your gear and get your crit up 1-2% higher

ok got a nother slight querry,, Is the Vessel of Acceleration better than the Coren's Chilled Chorium Coaster

one has 406 str with a stacking static 82crit per stack, the other has 340crit with on attack chance of 4000AP

and sorry i have not gotten the H-HoR yet,, hard to find peeps that want to run t11 content with guild working on H-FL now

the only expertise i have on gear now is on legs, back ring and trinket,, before i had on neck piece also,, legs and old neck were both exp/crit, ring and back are exp/haste,,, new neck is the 391 from shannox hit/crit so i restored the reforge on my legs since it was to hit

Vessel is definitely better, and I wouldn't worry about being exactly 26/26 exp. 25/25 is fine.

+ Reply to Thread