+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need more Input, on my Fury Warrior

oh yeah just thought about it here is my wow-heroes link might have logged in tank gear,,, also went ahead and used the helm for tank set,,
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...re/Vlädïslaus/

Landslide does stack. Get it on both. Just noticed your tank gear. Parry gems? really? Probably should go stam or mastery for the JC gems.

hurricane behaves differently than landslide. landslide works just like berserking did where each weapon can proc it's own version, giving you a max of two instances of the buff at a given point in time. Hurricane does that, but self healing/DoT damage can proc a completely seperate instance of the buff, meaning with 2 hurricane enchants you could have 3 instances of the buff at a given time, or with just 1 hurricane enchant you could have 2 instances of the buff.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

yeah i know parry gems,, hehe,, going to actually take the bonuses for my tank gear not sure why,, have always done it,, was a MS Prot warrior from days of end vanilla wow up to toc,, when i switched to MS fury OS prot, guild had two main warrior tanks 3 main pally tanks 2 bear tanks and like 2 dk tanks when i joined so i switched to give a more active and viable role in guild,, getting the JC mastery cut tomorrow or today i always forget to buy stuff with the emblems,, and my yellow and prismatic sockets will be mastery,, where as reds will probably be parry/mastery and blues stam/mastery, with current tank stats i am at a Mit percentage of close to 75%,, and with the other buffs i.e. food and miscellaneous raid/party buffs typically hold 82-84% mitigation, then when i add my cooldowns, i am normally sitting at 90-99%,,,
    but i will digress from the topic of the forum no more,, hehe

ok by now i say y'all think i must be completely fail i know my gear could use some work but wondering what else i am missing i seem to only be able to peak at 12k on most fights, Halfus Magmaw Chimareon seem to be my exceptions, i know i have a problem from the threat level stand point, i do better dps with our primary raid team compared to our secondary, and that is due to maintaining threat levels, it is easy for me to push beyond the 110% threat level,, i noticed with the primary raid group i normally do about 2-3k more dps and i am in the top 2-3 in the run if i am passed it is by either a rogue or boomy that we have,, but with our secondary group i am normally one of the bottom dps from me holding back cause of threat level..

so i guess my question is. IS there something i am doing wrong that is causing me to generate such high threat,, i typically intercept about 4 seconds after pull and wait another 4-5 seconds before hitting any CD's, i typically hit Deathwish and trinket to start with, then after 40-50 secs i hit my Recklessness and maybe a Str Pot (Golemsblood Potion), doing that i normally hit 100% threat, and other times i am at 80-85%,, it seems that unless we have two tanks on a target i am at second getting ready to pass 1st on the threat meters, even in the primary group i am in the top three for threat no matter the target. so i am always thinking i should hold back some to keep from ripping aggro, which i have done and caused a couple of wipes accidently..

i know i am the one of the highest if not the highest plate dps in my guild but the constant watching my threat is causing me to do less, so what should i do??

also curious if there is something i could change in my talents and/or glyphs that might be good,, i pick the ones that seemed the best and made the most sense,, i know with my dps talents alot of people will say why i am not using Heroic Fury, and i did for a while just found that alot of the times if i was CC'ed it did nothing to break the CC and with the way i use Berserker rage and my Human racial i can get out of most that raid bosses cause, for i tend to not use my Berserker rage for the RB proc since it procs alot as is still allowing me to follow the rotation i saw on TGMe's post..

the other question i have is ,, about how much time do you all spend per week playing and raiding ,, for i know with me due to work raising my niece and nephews and self medical probs i spend a lot less time than i like to to be better with my Main toon.. and with my guild being a lot of working professionals in medical and law enforcement fields we tend to be limited on the time we are all on to get to raid, typically just 2-3 nights a week for 3 hours each, we are a casual guild but we want to raid with the best of them
    Last edited by Vladislaus; 04-04-2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: i fail in the head

Vlad, it looks like your tanks can use some improvement in their rotation. What type of tanks do you run with, Warriors, Pallies, Bears, DKs? Holding threat over a fight against 12k DPS shouldn't be too difficult even in 346s. Maybe they might want to stop by ;-)

That being said - popping a CD 8 seconds into the fight is too early, especially if your tanks have threat generation problems. Also, by staggering your CDs you're minimzing the benefit they offer. DPS is responsible for watching their own threat far more more than in WotLK. As someone quote Lore, sometimes you just don't hit buttons.

Stack your CDs/Pots for maxium effectiveness. On Use Trinkets + Golemsblood + DW + Recklessness + full Rage + CS + pewpewpew. Maybe TGM or others will offer better insight, but typically I'll only use, at most, my trinkets early in the fight if I know the tanks are going to have threat issues, otherwise I wait utnil the tanks have a 300k-500k threat lead (depending on the tank - I know some can hold threat without issue, others not so much) and then pop everything unless there's a burn phase in the fight.

The reason being... for simplicities sake, say DW = 30% damage increase and Reckelssness = 50% damage increase. If you do just recklessness you get 150%, just DW, 130%. But if you stack them, you get 1 * 1.3 * 1.5 = 1.95, or 195% damage increase because the abililities because essentially your 30% stronger hits (DW) are now 50% more likely to crit (recklessness). Now there's a lot that goes into the calculations, but stacking CDs = Max DPS.

What else can be done? Hunter MD to tanks, rogues TotT. Tanks can pre-pot with Golem's Blood for a little extra AP on the pull. Pallys can hand of salvation you when you get high to reduce your threat a little.

As for Heroic Fury - the value of it isn't in breaking CC as much as it is for maintaining uptime in movement/target switching phases. An example is Grim Botal, the guy that summons the lava elemental. Intercept the elemental when it comes out, heroic fury, when it's down, intercept the boss back. Minimal downtime and you save Heroic Leap for if you have to get away from an elemental or breath in a hurry. So it isn't a direct DPS talent, it's a maintain your DPS talent.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

our main group typically has a pally and dk tank or 2 dk's ,, i have subbed on trash for them by going to my OS when one is in the bathroom or has an situation with a kid that needs taking care of.. with our second group it is normally two warriors,, here lately i have been one,, found i like to solo tank the trash zerg style just marking a kill order and chargin in headfirst,, only lost aggro when another tank was there and he kept tad targetting and taunting anything i was focuses on

i will hold a little bit loner than i i have been on hitting my Cd's

Ok all knowing masters here in warriorland,, i got a question on stats,, i know crit is a priority, and str definitely is the foremost,, but my question is with the change in 4.1 reducing our base mastery, and looking to the future,, what is the appropiate level mastery hit and haste should be,,

i am asking because i noticed several warriors now stacking haste and hit,, once they hit the 20% crit mark, to the point they are actually reforging mastery into haste and hit

Actually, I doubt they are going to 20% crit and then reforging away (if they are.... they are doing it wrong). Bascially, raid gear has crap itemization this tier. Crit is only one 1 of the 5 possible tier pieces. I actually when from 22% crit to 19% crit as I 'geared up' into all 359s from 346s.

Read TGM's Fury guide (stickied at the top of this forum), for more, but in the thread he's basically said that crit retains it's value until 40-50% crit because it's still 2x double, regardless of Flurry uptime.

Right now it looks like for SMF it's Hit to 8% > Exp to 26% > Str > Crit > Hit to 27% > Haste > Mastery.

For TG I haven't seen anything different, though maybe haste and mastery swap?

But hit > mastery for TG has been true since like day 3 of 4.0.6 (hotfix) when they again threw monkey wrenches into TG because of PvP balancing. (No other legimate reason for the RB stealth nerf but to try to contain Fury burst).
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

curious if ye wise ones could look over my gear and see if there are some changes i could make,, i noticed a bit of an improvement in dps already,, was running the semi new zandalari heroics today with a friend and he was having trouble holding aggro with me just mainly auto attacking and pulling 25k single target course i think i had flurry, enrage both trinkets and weapon chants all procced at the same time

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...afslaus/simple

As many times as I've replied to you I don't think you understand how to reforge. Are you paying attention to things like "8% > Exp to 26% > Str > Crit > Hit to 27% > Haste > Mastery" that people are taking time out of there day to let you know? Are you trying to stack haste on your gear? Reforge haste into hit if the gear has crit/haste. Follow the priority that I just quoted. You have 6 pieces of gear that can be reforged to give you more crit or "hit to 27%". Can you figure it out?

yes i have been paying attention,, and making changes in my gear (reforging chanting and gemming),, i know i could reforge my gun but i use it for tanking as well,, so i need the mastery there,, with my bracers, i was unsure,, i know more hit is better, i am around 11.3% atm,, and was using the increased haste for rage generation,, i am not seeing many misses,, crits give me close to 45% of my total damage done,, i am still seeing times where i am waiting on rage,,, that is the reason i have not reforged my helm chest neck or bracers,, the frist three are crit and haste and last is haste and hit, i will reforge the pieces,, figured though it might be good to let you know why i did not so you would not think that i am ignoring you or that i am a complete idiot,,

Hit > Haste for rage generation imo. Haste, if it does lead to more crits, has the potential to generate more rage due to a greater flurry uptime, but the rage will be spikey. Hit smooths out rage generation, reducing the length of rage starvation (either from bad miss strings or over-use of HS). This is because hit means fewer misses, thus smoother rage. Prioritizing hit > haste will mean fewer bad miss strings, especially with your MH weapon which is where the majority of your rage will come from.

So if rage-starve points is a problem, hit is better than haste for you as it will reduce one cause of this (bad miss strings) and increase the probablity of attacks during rage starvation landing, ending the starvation. Haste gives more opportunities, but when I worked the math out (and thread I posted a summary) - haste was consistnetly behind hit on a point-by-point basis.

It does have the potential for more rage - but this rage is as likely to come when you're at 100 rage as when you're at 0. Hit makes reaching 0 rage less likely if ability usage is correct (which is my problem - I hit HS too often).

random question (sry didnt want to start new thread )

hit cap is 8%, is it 8% on boss or overall cap? ._.

I'm trying to be as nice about this as I can...I'm not saying you are an idiot. What I meant to say is that the top warriors all reforge a certain way atm and what they all agree is that hit is better than haste. The above stat priority isn't just my opinion, it's what is known to be the very best thing you can do with the current patch to increase your dps. You are more than welcome to have your own opinion on it and do what you want. The special hit cap is 8% but more hit will increase your dps more than any other stat except strength and crit. That is why when you reforge you should always strive to get crit on your gear first and hit if the gear already has crit on it (not ignoring the expertise soft cap of course).

i reforged the few items i had left except for my ranged,, would like to but again haivingt o use for tanking as well, and when having to switch specs during raids sometimesi'd rather wait till another ranged weapon drops that will be just as sufficient for either my dps or tank spec,, now holding 13%hit with crit close to 20%

expertise is 26/26,, but i noticed not sure if it was a glitch or something but on both magmaw and chimareon i was getting parried,, with me standing behind the boss (well as much as posible) on chimareon during fued when we alll stacked and was infront i had no parries but when i moved back to spot i did,, not sure if that was something on my end or not,, i also noticed some parries on atramedes when i was standing under his tail,, i tend to think it might be a glitch for i get a message sometimes saying "target not infront" on my special attacks but my base melee are landing

Quote Originally Posted by Kongolo View Post
    random question (sry didnt want to start new thread )

hit cap is 8%, is it 8% on boss or overall cap? ._.

If you are wielding a single weapon, 8% is special (yellow) hit cap and melee (white) hit cap.

If you are wielding 2 weapons (whether 2 1-handers or 2 2-handers) the special (yellow) hit cap is still 8%, the melee (white) hit cap is 27% before any racials/talents/tree bonuses.

Minor stuff:
    1. Put a +40 str gem in boots
    2. Get +50 str on bracers
    3. Put landslide on offhand
    4. Replace Glyph of Heroic throw with glyph of Cleave

Basically the last few things you can actually change without getting new gear that will increase your dps. Reforging looks perfect btw!

In early April you said you were doing around 12k damage..aren't you doing way better now?
    Last edited by Bung; 05-25-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Need more Input, on my Fury Warrior

"Need more input"

Anyone else think of Johnny Number 5?

to Babum why i worded it like that,,

on the 50str on bracers i have not done that cause no one in guild has it and have yet to find one on server that will do it reasonably,, was planning to change boots gemm not sure why i have not yet,, i have a 40 str gem cut and sitting in bank just keep forgetting what it was for,,

got a question on the glyph change,, i know cleave is better for mobs,, but what about on bosses,, what i am more concerned with,, esp since i am currently the only warrior in the raid group (going as fury), so i get put on sunder duty, and the HT glyph makes a costless way to apply it that is seperate form my other attacks,, not trying to discredit just curious ,, i used to have the cleave glyph, but i tend to dislike the attack even on mobs for i tend to pull 17k single target on them now,, and with the mage lock and boomy we have hitting 45-50k on the mobs i try to focus on interrupts and silences,, unless there is something i am missing on the effect for ST fights

and yes my dps has gone way up,, last run at halfus i was hitting 50k, magmaw think was 24k course tank sort of died from a healer dc then i got aggro while he was being rezzed and got ate while he was regaining aggro, ODS i did 19k , Maloriak 18k, chimareon not so great only 14k was getting the target not infront of and parry crap,, atramedes 16k i tend to running around and shoot boss while air phase,, umm V&T i did around 16k got dc'ed came back was dead so rezzed and missing most of my buffs

hoping to get another akrius mace or shalugdum ( i know spelling is crap) why i have hesitated in the landslide on the 353 mace,, i try to use best enchants for highest ilvl pieces,, but will probably get the chant tomorrow,, missing a couple of MC's but they down to 500g

+ Reply to Thread