Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chogall 10M

Chogall 10M

So we are 9/12 and figure its time to actually start clearing these things. We decided to start with Chogall and the bloods are absolutely zerging us by 4th wave. We run with:
    2 Tanks: Warrior, Pally
    3 Heals: Pally, Druid, Priest (holy)
    5 Dps: Rogue, 2 Druid - Boomkin, Priest, Shaman - Enh

We mostly use the 2 push backs but even then things get out of control. I occasionally run back for a shockwave and tried P.Howling but i get immune messages (?), and the shaman reports earthbinding isnt making much of a difference. How would you guys recommend we tackle this add control. We are thinking of lusting and switching around deeps at the start hoping to push him before the 4th wave. Ideas?

Thanks!

time ur boomkin knock backs, ur range aoe is just lacking, no mage or lock or hunter/dk for slows

Make sure the adds die as close as possible to each other, or at least line them up so they come in a straight line.
    Have the boomkins tried mushrooms? I think it got buffed and it has also a slow effect. With three mushrooms the boomkins can make a carpet of slow effect on the way.

Yea the boomkins are timing their knockbacks when they need it. As for mushrooms, i know they use it at the start so id assume they use it throughout the fight. First 2 waves are cake walk, 3rd some get through thats where i might find myself shockwaving, and 4 is just hell. The random MCing largely contributes to things getting out of control too.

Have you tried to two heal it?

With the two melees (rogue + enhance) on Cho all the time you should never get to the 4th wave.

Make sure the MCd players get interrupted really fast so that people get back to dpsing quickly.

Also, make sure - after the Adherent is dead - that ranged stack up behind the boss again so that all small adds move in the same direction and Conversion is handled more easily with AoE interrupts.

If you still get the 4th wave you should take a closer look at your dps guys. Is anyone below 12k-13k dps? Are your tanks low on dps?

If the dps can't get high enough, you will need better crowd control for the adds. Hunters Ice Trap is the best option.

However, if the dps is that low, then you will probably have trouble making the kill in phase two so work on that dps

Vol
    Guild master of Sentinels on EU Dunemaul PVP (sentinelsguild.com)
    Author of WoWChamber.com

Spec into the mushroom slow, as the add dies place them in front of the puddles. Blow up shrooms + starfall + multidot +typhoons and they should be dead NP. I also recommend 2 healing it if your healers can handle it, makes it very easy to push before a fourth wave which is amazing if you have a weak AoE comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvaria View Post
    I also recommend 2 healing it if your healers can handle it, makes it very easy to push before a fourth wave which is amazing if you have a weak AoE comp.
    Their aoe isn't that but as it might shine on first glance. Shaman drops earthbind to slow them on spawn, rogue sprints in with tricks + fokspam (slow poison!).

2x multidotting
    mindsear spam
    fire nova + magma totem
    deadly poison ticking on all of them
    a shockwave to stun them in place
    2x knockback

is a good junk of dmg/control

If they are just working on Cho'gall i guess their dps isn't that good to easily down him with three healer before 4th aoe phase. Having holypaladin + holypriest is pretty decent there and maybe frees up a third knockback from resto going owl as well? Protpala, Shadow (passive) and Enhancer (rain) helps a great deal on tight healing phases and considerable shortens the sub 25% phase.

My guild has had two nights of attempts on Cho'gall 10 man, with our closest attempt a 2% wipe. We're all finding the fight a bit frustrating as I believe we are executing it well. We manage the blood, and are very quick to interrupt worship. We consistently get into phase 2 but can never seem to hold out long enough to down him. We're running 3 healers, 2 tanks and 5 dps. Can anyone think of any little optimisations that helped get them over the threshold? Maybe at this point we've hit a gearcheck?

You have lust for p2? If not until what's your rdps? About managing blood, everybody starts at zero into phase 2? Until you get more dps you can 2 heal him.

one way that my group does it is we double stack our fury of cho'gall. To do this we have myself (warrior tank) pull the boss and take the first stack of fury, after i get that stack i go and deal with the add, come back and taunt cho'gall with 2 seconds or so left on the CD for fury. once i get fury our pally tank taunts him back off of me. He will then tank him till the next fury of chogall which times up well with the summoning of the add. the pally tank will take the fury, i will taunt off him, then the pally goes and deals with the add. after i taunt back off him i usually have about 8 seconds of 40% increased dmg taken but i pop shield wall for it so it equalls out to normal damage. this strategy takes two extremely aware tanks that know EXACTLY what is going on. even with that the add spawn and fury dont stack well and you'll get fury 8-10 seconds or so after the add spawns so ive found that i just have to tank through a fury while popping mitigation CD's.

What's the advantage of your strategy over swapping the tanks every fury? Regulary you only have to deal with 8-10s of 20% increased damage taken on every swap and you can use your cooldown when things go wrong. What actually can be interesting for 10 man is to solo tank him with a eg dps DK taunting him from range and use AMS to prevent stacking up increased magic damage.

For 10 man, we found the raid positioning in this vid to be useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG2Row9nKdU&feature=fvsr

As you'll see, they are positioned near the first add spawn spot, this cuts down on movement a lot.

However, as several people in this thread have already suggested, what eventually got us to the point of killing was cutting back to 2 healers. This relies heavily on people being swift to break people out of mind control (as the chance of healers being MCd + the extra damage he get's from worshipping to both tank and raid is likely to be unmanageable) but it's totally feasible.

Thanks for all the replies! We finally downed him a. Few weeks back, raid comp seems to be what was getting us,a boomkin switched out for his hunter and things have been smooth from then on out.
    For us we keep our highest melée deeps on the boss always, and have most people on chogall for the first add phase and have people switch to the adds as the waves come. When the dreaded 4th wave comes we have everyone switch and deal with the adds and we are able to down the wave with no problems. Chogall will summon the next adherent but he will phase change before fester blood so it's fine.

Porcini, I think it may be he eyeball problem in P2, we tank him on the throne so he spawns the eyeballs around that area and it's much more controlled allowing me to cleave/shockwave them. Those adds should be priority dps over everything

@Proxeon

Assign your healers to take the tentacles beams. Thats incredible boost for dps. Also as first dps the ones that spawn near tank.

We spent a night wiping because my raid leader insisted on a single-tank, three heals set up. He claims it's "Omg all over, 50% of the people running this are using this method." I have never heard of this.

Thoughts? It was horrible, and he wouldn't listen to reason.

My guild is also working on cho'gall and I'm curious to know if our mages are just failing hard or if we're doing something completely wrong.

Our group is:

Tanks: Paladin and Warrior (myself)
    Healers: Druid/Shaman/Paladin
    DPS: Paladin/Rogue/Hunter/Mage/Mage

We let the Rogue stay on the boss the entire time and have the rest of the dps kill the adherant, then Paladin and Hunter go back on the boss and leave the mages to dps the first wave of Bloods. Then we add the hunter after that for the next wave, and the paladin for the 3rd, rogue for the 4th, but usually by the 4th, we're overwhelmed by the adds. I really don't understand it at this point, as our hunter is tossing his trap, and we have 2 freaking fire mages that are both really geared.

We usually tank Cho'gall by the throne and take the Adherants back to the doorway to kill. Seems like the bloods should be dying really fast but they aren't. Is there a specific rotation the mages should be using? Any tips would be helpful as I'm starting to get really frustrated by our lack of progress on Cho'gall.

Try changing your order around. Make sure the hunter is entrapment specced as it really does help out.

1 pool = Hunter Solo
    2 pools = Hunter + 1 fire mage
    3 pools = Hunter + 2 fire mages
    4 pools = Hunter + 2 fire mages + anyone else that can help. Including you. As a Prot warrior you dont know how many times loose adds have gotten into the raid, but I'm fast enough to shockwave them, then they die as they're stunned for 4 seconds.

The mages should be specced into Improved Flame strike (You could also have them glyph for Blast wave as well). If the adds continue to reach the raid, have one of your mages go Frost and see how that fares. It's lesser AoE damage, but a lot more control.

Quote Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
    We spent a night wiping because my raid leader insisted on a single-tank, three heals set up. He claims it's "Omg all over, 50% of the people running this are using this method." I have never heard of this.

Thoughts? It was horrible, and he wouldn't listen to reason.
    I guess it's possible, but most groups will use a 2 tank strategy to mitigate Fury of ChoGall.

Single tank only works if your "off tank" taunter is very good and fast and able to soak the Cho'gall debuff at the right time. It's certainly a better strat (More DPS available). But it's highly complicated and overall is unneeded. If you're having dps issues the real strat isn't to 1 tank it, it's to 2 heal it.