+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild site question?

Guild site question?

Curious where are good places for people to post guild sites and get feedback or suggestions? Let us know thanks.

Onitall on nordrassil

we do have a guild sub-forum, for recruiting purposes though donor's have the benefit of the guild recruitment forums to post. There probably are other resources out there as well but none come to mind.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I appreciate the response. My question though is it ok for a guild to post a site there even if not recruiting? Also what is required in the way of a donation to be able to post there?

I haven't checked in a while, but ZAM is where you'll go to donate. It depends on what you mean by "post a site", if you're posting your site for promotional standpoint than no, because that's just another way of trying to get recruitment your way, but if you're posting something else for discussion purposes sure.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I think he's looking for feedback on his guild website. You're probably better off putting that in the Guild Leadership forum.

http://www.imperative-guild.com

We use Wordpress for the front page, phpbb custom-skinned for our fourms, and an eqdkp back-end for our attendance tracker. All the videos are through youtube. The theme that we're currently using for Wordpress is a "premium theme" and costs a bit, but nearly all premium themes with a decent number of reviews/downloads have both awesome support and are incredibly easy to install.

Personally, I vehemently dislike any guild websites that use the automatic stuff (Guildportal, Enjin, etc.). Your website is *the* opportunity to market your guild. People are going to judge you within the first 3 seconds of opening the website. For me, guildportal, guildomatic, etc. all say "we're just like every other guild."

If you want to be unique, get a unique website that's sexy, stylish, and functional.

Appreciate the feedback. As far as guilds that use the automatic stuff they actually have a couple of nice features. Outside of that it is just on how creative the people working the site are. You can have great content on a site with a few features from an automatic site. When you say looks like every other guild to be honest you have pics and vids on the guild site you linked tell me whats different? Not asking in a rude way just proving a point. It all depends on what the people that run the site do with it. The site you guys have looks great by the way but to the statement you made not able to see anything different from other guilds with pics and movies.

+ Reply to Thread