Thread: heroic valiona and theralion changes?

heroic valiona and theralion changes?

what is new in this fight, i been looking around and am not coming up with anything... the only videos i find are beta videos that last untill the dragon swap.

any help would be great, or any changes to the fight as well.

How hard did you look?

Kill video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVWdU6Ei_Ks (pre-nerf)

List of recent changes from MMO:

Blackout will no longer hit players sent down to the Twilight Zone by either Valiona or Theralion.
    Collapsing Twilight Portal should no longer close faster when a person uses it while on Heroic difficulty. It now has a set duration.
    Devouring flame maximum damage has been reduced.
    Theralion's damage should now be more consistent with Valiona's on 10-player Heroic difficulty.
    Twilight Blast damage has been reduced on 10-player Heroic difficulty.
    Twilight Protection now lasts 6 seconds, up from 3.
    Players should now always receive the Twilight Protection buff when entering the Twilight Realm.
    Twilight Sentries have slightly lower health on 10-player Heroic difficulty.
    Twilight Zone damage has been lowered slightly.
    Unstable Twilight's search effect has been lowered to a 1-yard radius, down from 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinaye View Post
    How hard did you look?

Kill video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVWdU6Ei_Ks (pre-nerf)

List of recent changes from MMO:

Blackout will no longer hit players sent down to the Twilight Zone by either Valiona or Theralion.
    Collapsing Twilight Portal should no longer close faster when a person uses it while on Heroic difficulty. It now has a set duration.
    Devouring flame maximum damage has been reduced.
    Theralion's damage should now be more consistent with Valiona's on 10-player Heroic difficulty.
    Twilight Blast damage has been reduced on 10-player Heroic difficulty.
    Twilight Protection now lasts 6 seconds, up from 3.
    Players should now always receive the Twilight Protection buff when entering the Twilight Realm.
    Twilight Sentries have slightly lower health on 10-player Heroic difficulty.
    Twilight Zone damage has been lowered slightly.
    Unstable Twilight's search effect has been lowered to a 1-yard radius, down from 2.
    i geuss i shouldn't have said i saw nothing... cause i saw that.. i geuss it will just be a do the fight and learn it as i go

I also geuss i should of put changes from Normal to Heroic is what i am after....i just realized how the title leads it to be the changes in heroic
    Last edited by dagimp007; 03-02-2011 at 12:17 PM.

You need to tank both dragons in the middle, if you weren't already, so that dot classes can reach both.

Blackout can no longer be dispelled, so you must heal it off. You'll need to all group up for it most of the time now, although it can still be immuned off. Set up some sort of rotation of cds to mitigate the damage.

The main change is that you need to have people go down in the portal realm to kill some of the adds that spawn there. Don't recommend trying to heal through the damage as a strategy for a first kill. So, when the first sets of dazzling destruction come out, have your designated people stand in it to get ported. People in the realms need to avoid running into the orbs, as they do significant damage, and try to kill at least one add before they take a portal back up. They also need to avoid taking a second dazzling destruction hit, as it's a one shot if you're in the realm. You do need to send one healer down with each group. Most guilds use subtlety rogues, as they can stay down much longer and heal themselves a lot. We also send one or two ranged. Now that immunities don't work to get you out of the realm, I'd focus mostly on people you trust. However, immunities will still remove the stacking debuff you get from being down there that makes you take extra shadow damage, so mages (and holy paladins) are good choices to go down.

When Theralion is down, if your ranged used to group up, you can't anymore. Just have people with meteor run in to melee and then run back out when it's over.

The tank gets a stacking debuff. When it hits 5, he get ported down in to the shadow realm, so you'll need two tanks to swap. Standing on top of the tank when he gets ported will also port you, so make sure people know to avoid him. On our first kills, we did send some people down with the tank port to get extra damage on the adds. I don't think it's necessary now if your damage is good, but I certainly wouldn't recommend sending as large of a group as you send down with the dazzlings.

You also get ported to the other realm if you take the flame breath. Don't recommend sending anyone down with that.

The third blackout (the one right after the swap back to Valiona) was traditionally our hardest one to cope with. We usually had that person run out of the raid and die. You can also sacrifice later blackouts once you're close to the kill and the healers are struggling with mana, if grouping up for it would likely kill people.