+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tauren Pally: Best Race/Class combo for second tank toon. D/K, Warrior? What?

Tauren Pally: Best Race/Class combo for second tank toon. D/K, Warrior? What?

I am not interested in building a DPS character so I have decided what I really wouldn't mind having is a second tank. I already have the Tauren Paladin and I have been eye balling Warrior tank for awhile.. I obviously want something that will compliment my first tank, i.e. pick up where he leaves off.. Or if that isn't an issue then something that would just be awesome fun but seriously competitive.

Recommend please? I have a Level 60 DK with mount already, but as I said I am eye balling the Warrior. Which race also please..

Druids are a nice tank to have and are very easy to heal in instances (from my experience). Also, it'd get you away from plate armor and melee weapons/shields. It's a completely different world being a druid tank, taking leather gear with agility, using bleeds a lot more than any other tank (but not as much as dk's use dots), and a very nice mastery. Plus, you only have to worry about sta, dodge, and mastery... parry doesn't come into play at all so that's one less stat to worry about on gear. You can go to kitty to dps when only one tank is necessary or when you feel like questing and killing quickly, or if you want to stick with your healer counterpart as you mentioned in the shaman thread, you can stay tank and aoe pull everything outside of the instances.

If you were to make it an herbalist, tauren druid owns. (Tauren racial + flight form = super fast flower picking)
    If you want something other than a tauren, trolls are new and have a funky look to all of their forms.

Warriors are very similar to paladins in the way that they gear (going for plate gear with str, sta, dodge, parry, mastery, etc.) as well as seeing yourself with a shield all the time. Warriors playstyle is very different than pallies, but not as different as DK's and Druids in my opinion.

DK's will also be the same plate gear without the shield. Much different playstyle than a pally, consisting on dots and self heals (pallies use WoG on themselves but at the expense of using other abilities like shield, DK's use Death Strike not only to heal themselves, but to do more dmg which means more agro as well as proc their mastery which is a nice absorb). I think the nicest thing about DK's is that you can pick nearly any 2h weapon, rune forge it, and tank with it. You don't have to worry about a main hand and a shield.

Overall, I'd suggest trying out a druid bear tank. Tauren if you want fast flower picking and a LITTLE extra health. I'd suggest tauren over troll as a tank, but a lot of people like the troll look better.

Crittable I think I am sold on Druid tank thank you very much for taking your time to write that post.. I am excited to start researching my Druid now as that is about perfect.

I love druid tanks, and there's still not enough of them around!

Starting mine this morning so count one more in =} Crittable I did finally choose Troll I was sold on the racials and tired of not being able to see in tight places (Big Butt Tauren Pally).. 100% change sounds so appealing and I am so excited to play my level 1 druid thanks again.

P.S. Contravene just idles waiting for guildies to go HC or Raid anyway lol Nothing but time to level my druid now..

Have fun with it. I really enjoy druids and sometimes I wish that I didn't fall so in love with my warrior tank and shaman healer... my druid (who was my main for the last few months of vanilla and all of BC) got kicked to the curb. I'm just now leveling him up again. 81 or 82, but getting there.

Dude, My main is a pally tank, and you just made me want to roll another tank(something I never thought I'd say) just because you made drood tanks sound soo awesome.

+ Reply to Thread