+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Prot War] JC gem question.

[Prot War] JC gem question.

Good evening ladies and gents!

I was recently wondering about the usefulness of the extra 303 stamina from the Chimaera's eyes and whether or not I should use Mastery instead.

Im sitting on a 83% chance to be un-hittable and around 181k hp in raids. I was wondering if my hp pool was too high for my current gear level.

So what do you fine people at Tankspot think?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anttz/advanced
    I has a top hat.

Sigh... wrong forum.
    I has a top hat.

to be honest on the current run of things and with healers not having the oom issue so much i know alot of top healers prefer the extra stam when healing rather than the avoidance

also when it comes to spell damage etc the avoidance is pretty useless
    by sounds of it uve already got enough avoidance so stam maybe the better option

thats just my 2 cents tho
    Effective health will always be usefull

Moved to Halp!

depends on the nature of the fights your tackling, if you're taking more spell damage, and healers aren't running OOM, go stam. if you're taking primarily physical damage, and healers aren't running OOM, go mastery (not avoidance! this is a means to lower incoming damage, not avoid it!)

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Thanks Kaze, I thought for sure I was posting it in the Halp forum.

The thing is, I feel that having more than 180k hp even when pushing hardmodes is excessive. Usually I'll find myself low when the healers are off concentrating on the raid and leave me with hots rolling. I dont think an extra 5khp is going to help me in that situation (unless its mainly magic damage obviously) where that extra 3% block chance could.

Last night I was laying in bed and one thought came to me that could solve all of my problems and that was the Mastery tank trinket from BH. Replacing my stam trinket with that I lose 400 stam and gain mastery and the extra cd for high magic situations. Is this a valid option?

I do hear the healers saying they do have many issues on most fights, especially the hardmodes we are tackling at the moment...
    I has a top hat.

That trinket is AWESOME. Not just the mastery, the on-use cooldown is incredibly useful if you time it right. Combined with the raidwide resistances, popping that trinket is equivalent to popping magic-only shield wall.

Yeah I think im gonna stick with the Solid Eyes and just work on my BH rep for now. Cheers for the responses guys <3
    I has a top hat.

+ Reply to Thread