+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Thegreatme UI

Thegreatme UI

After taking too long, it's finally here!

UI Details:

Class and Role:
    Warrior, DPS (though it can easily be modified for prot)

Resolution:

1680x1050 (Wide Screen)

Brace for lots of screen shots because there are a lot of details to my UI so it's hard to get everything in to 1 or 2 shots.
    also if you want you can watch some of the videos on my youtube channel to get an idea of how some of the parts move.

Standard Raid shot:

All of my assorted SBF bars:

Solo shot showing the purpose of my two mini side SBF bars:

note that these power auras haven't been used in any of my videos because I just made them the other night
    Low rage power Aura:

High Rage Power Aura:

Addons included in this UI:

Align
    Aloft
    Bartender4
    Button Facade
    Button Facade: Caith
    DXE (Deus Vox Encounters)
    Grid
    IceHUD
    KgPanels
    Many Item Tooltips
    MSBT (Miks Scrolling Battle text)
    NiceDamage
    OmniCC
    oRA2
    Pitbull4
    Prat3.0
    Quartz
    RatingBuster
    Recount
    SBF (Satrina Buff Frame)
    Sexymap
    Skinner
    SLDT (SL Data Text)
    Tidyplates
    TidyPLates: CleanPlates
    Tiptop
    Xloot

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    I have very recently switched from aloft to tidy plates. because of this I have left both addons in the download. Do not run both or it will cause problems.

There are a few other power auras I have but they are a bit less important (Shield wall, spell reflect, etc.).

When using this UI you must select to load out of date addons.

Click Here to Download

*Please remember to back up your original interface and WTF folder and rename the necessary files in the downloaded WTF folder to your Account/server/character*

If you load the UI and it is a mass of non set up addons do this:
    it means that your game didn't auto load the profiles for certain mods, so here are the commands to bring up each addon. (most of them have a 'profiles' tab in their config window so click on that)

/comand (addon name)
    for some of these you will have to type /(command) config/options in order to display the config window

/pb (pitbull)
    /bt (bartender)
    /sldt (SL Data text)
    /sbf options (Satrina buff frame)
    /msbt (miks scrolling battle text)
    /quartz (Quartz)
    /kgpanels config (KGpanels)

most of the other ones you can access from the addons tab in the interface menu, if I missed one in the above list that isn't in interface tab let me know.

Last Updated:
    12/16/09

misc. plans for the future:

I really want to overhaul my pitbull frames and also my action bars.
    pitbull frames will probably become much smaller but remain in the same place.
    as for action bars I want to reduce the number of buttons on my screen, and re order some of my abilties. will probably end up with a bunch of hidden bars.
    Last edited by Thegreatme; 02-22-2010 at 08:01 AM.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Wow there's a lot going on there. I can barely see the actual screen there's so much covering it up. Personally I like my UI a lot cleaner than that with only the relevant information showing. eg Recount doesn't need to be shown during combat. Your unit frames are overly large and are top left, meaning a lot of eye movement to and from them. The borders around SexyMap could be removed to reduce the amount of eye strain.

Anyway that's just me, like I said I prefer a cleaner UI.

Just a few questions, which addon unlocks the chat box so you can move it?
    Also Detailed instrustions on how you monitor you slam proc now. I had SCT and did what video 3 said to do, but its not working and i notice you had a new addon showing seconds till expired and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    IMPORTANT NOTE:
    I have very recently switched from aloft to tidy plates. because of this I have left both addons in the download. Do not run both or it will cause problems. IF YOU RUN TIDY PLATES IT WILL BREAK SKINNER SO IT MUST ALSO BE DISABLED. If you use aloft you can leave skinner enabled.

There are a few other power auras I have but they are a bit less important.
    Just a note, the latest version of skinner works with Tidy Plates, I am currently using them both and they both work.

Quote Originally Posted by Azon View Post
    Just a few questions, which addon unlocks the chat box so you can move it?
    Also Detailed instrustions on how you monitor you slam proc now. I had SCT and did what video 3 said to do, but its not working and i notice you had a new addon showing seconds till expired and stuff.
    You dont need an addon to unlock your chat frame, just right click the tab and select unlock. As for his slam monitor he uses MSBT as well as SBF same as I do, the latest version of MSBT tracks slam just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Khilbron View Post
    Just a note, the latest version of skinner works with Tidy Plates, I am currently using them both and they both work.
    I coulda sworn I had the latest version of skinner. I will update it and re upload the UI some time later tonight.

*EDIT* skinner has been updated, and I have re uploaded the file.
    Last edited by Thegreatme; 12-16-2009 at 02:36 PM.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Where it says click here to download will it download the ui Exactly how you have it set up? Because i would like my Ui like yours but I am Having lots of trouble trying to get it that way.
    Last edited by Azon; 12-17-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azon View Post
    Where it says click here to download will it download the ui Exactly how you have it set up? Because i would like my Ui like yours but I am Having lots of trouble trying to get it that way.
    Unless I messed up the download file (in which case let me know and I will see what I can do about fixing it) or you forget to rename the necesary files it should be exactly how I have it set up.

Unless I messed up the download file (in which case let me know and I will see what I can do about fixing it) or you forget to rename the necesary files it should be exactly how I have it set up.
    i downloaded it, but it doesn't look at all like your UI, everything was in the center of my screen, and i'm also having troubles with the positioning of all those grids and stuff, so if you could explain it a bit orso, i would be a verry thankfull man xD

Quote Originally Posted by sluftwafe View Post
    i downloaded it, but it doesn't look at all like your UI, everything was in the center of my screen, and i'm also having troubles with the positioning of all those grids and stuff, so if you could explain it a bit orso, i would be a verry thankfull man xD
    did you rename all of the necessary files in the WTF folder? sounds like you just don't have the profiles.

*Please remember to rename the necessary files in the WTF folder to your Account/server/character*
    I hope you did this correct?

Other thing I can imagine is try changing profiles to one thats saved in addons maybe you are just not using the correct profile.
    Most of addon will create a new blank profile if they see a new character.

hello :D

hey there can u plz send me a link to download the addon that made your player frame like that? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anarxikos View Post
    hey there can u plz send me a link to download the addon that made your player frame like that? thanks
    Hes using pitbull4. Here's a link, PitBull Unit Frames 4.0 - Addons - Curse

ok thanks very much man

I struggled with getting this working for a bit, so i figured i'd post it:
    To get all the bars in the correct spot, type /bar from there will be the profiles tab with Thegreatme>Hyjal.
    Also, select Satrina Buff Frames and set the profile for that as well.

Edit: and its /sldt to edit the profile for the text in the middle. "guild:", "bags:", etc
    Last edited by Endersama; 12-23-2009 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endersama View Post
    I struggled with getting this working for a bit, so i figured i'd post it:
    To get all the bars in the correct spot, type /bar from there will be the profiles tab with Thegreatme>Hyjal.
    Also, select Satrina Buff Frames and set the profile for that as well.

Edit: and its /sldt to edit the profile for the text in the middle. "guild:", "bags:", etc
    I will mention that in the original post so if other people have this issue they will know what to do.

In this ui set up and in the movie for saurfang you have an animated pic of the mob in the unit frame how is this done? Is that what skinner does or is that just a default for pitbull frames?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikao View Post
    In this ui set up and in the movie for saurfang you have an animated pic of the mob in the unit frame how is this done? Is that what skinner does or is that just a default for pitbull frames?
    it's part of pitbull but you have to turn it on.

for pitbull4 you need to go to the layout editor, then click on indicators, then click portrait. from there you can turn it on, and set where it is located.

I will mention that in the original post so if other people have this issue they will know what to do.
    also, for the record, i decided to use a program called "Actual Search and Replace" which instantly went through each .lua and change "Thegreatme - Hyjal" to "mynamehere - myserverhere".

After i realixed each addon had its own profile, this saved a lot of time.

For /msbt to look like yours I had to go through and switch the info from outgoing player to Notifications.

The other problem i had is after changing the video settings and retsarting my computer i couldnt login to my character. The problem turned out to be something with recount /shrug.
    Last edited by Endersama; 12-25-2009 at 12:06 AM.

Hey TGM I got a quick question should I delete my old WTF Folder and Interface folder?

+ Reply to Thread