Thread: Nefrian Phase 2?

Nefrian Phase 2?

here are the World of Logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1p3xsamyvei2dupe/

so in phase 2 it seems like a little crazy on healing and healers are going oom. any tips would be helpfull.

Just make sure you get all the intterupts done, and make sure people dont stick in the lava too long, have people who can do offhealing help a little bit, use some personal cooldowns.

Phase 2 might burn healer mana, but phase 3 is not that difficult, its just a DPS race and the healing shouldn't be too hard there.

Aim for 3 electrecutes before phase two with the last one at the verry end of phase one. Youre probably going to have problems in phase two if you take an electrecute wile learning this encounter(like you did in those logs). Yes and its verry healing intesne at the start of phase 2 but it gets slightly better towards the phase so just use healing CDs at the start.

We've found that pushing 3 in p1 and 1 in p2 is getting us where we want to be. Our healers are usually starting to hurt for mana, but as soon as the phase is over our mana CDs are about to come back up. If your DPS is decent you can come out of P2 with all of your healers sub 20k mana and be fine. Our priest is usually sub 10k at that point, and you can usually find a spot in P3 to use a Potion of Concentration.

We use Hpally, mage, rogue on 1 platform, Prot war, bear druid (me), enh shaman, holy priest on 1 platform, ret paladin, resto shaman, destro lock on the third. First platform has 2 immunities + feint to mitigate the crackle then. Second has 2 tanks + sham rage + guardian spirit to mitigate that one, and the last has an immunity, nether protection, and glyphed stoneclaw to mitigate it. Enh shaman drops healing rains and chain heals with his maelstrom stacks, ret pally tosses out lots of WoG. We push the phase almost the full 3 minutes, only pushing it once nef reaches 52%. We jump down, get everyone topped, push a crackle, then Lust when he gets to 25% and just burn him ASAP with the group stacked to make use of all our AoE healing, minus the paladin and warrior who are handling adds.

Also make sure your healers really really resist the urge to spam big heals on their platform. As long as the electrocute isn't soon, if they're over 60% or so they can survive 3 hits in a row. I healed it for a while as a druid and it took a bit for me to stop just spamming stuff on them. I'd keep LBx3 on myself, then I'd go to rejuv + swiftmend past that, and then I'd just let people sit around 75% with rejuv and start nourishing. Around crackle time I'd pop into tree form and throw Lifeblooms on my whole platform + rejuv blanket + get an efflo down when they said it was coming. Pop barkskin, and hit a few instant regrowths to get people over 50% again, then go back to nourishes. I'd go into the phase with about 80k mana and come out with around 40k and could innervate our priest when we got down, who would then pop prayer to top off the raid so we can push another crackle immediately. I'd pop tranquility right after the 3rd crackle as nef was about to take off to get everyone to survivable levels before the lava came.
    Last edited by Luvaria; 02-27-2011 at 11:20 PM.

alright we been doing the 3 in phase 1 and its working... i just gotta work on my kiting of the adds

prismatic elixirs help us here, the extra resist really help out with healer mana and those cackles don't do nearly as much dmg.

on a side note,

i've just got a quick question..

does anyone know who hits harder between the three of these?

Onyxia, Nefarian, and the reanimated adds in p3.

i'm trying to adjust our assignments so i can take the hardest hitting ones (since i'm the best geared in our guild).

many thanks!

Onyxia is around for longer but does same amount of dmg as nefarian. Reanimated adds are hitting way harder in p3, especially by the end of p3 where fire is everywhere and you cant avoid it. When they grow and get hit by fire you will need a lot of luck in order to avoid being hit by them after the crackle especially when healers are low on mana.

There is few things u might want to use on p2, we never push for 3 crackles in P1, we do 2 of them, then 1 on the platform and go into 3rd phase at 62%. On our kill we had 2 ele shamans and spriest helping out with healing before crackle, then just do some healing to help the healers after it so we could push the dps then. There is a lot of classes and abilities that will help u surviving 2nd phase crackle, make sure to use them in the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by tigo View Post
    prismatic elixirs help us here, the extra resist really help out with healer mana and those cackles don't do nearly as much dmg.

on a side note,

i've just got a quick question..

does anyone know who hits harder between the three of these?

Onyxia, Nefarian, and the reanimated adds in p3.

i'm trying to adjust our assignments so i can take the hardest hitting ones (since i'm the best geared in our guild).

many thanks!
    Nefarian hits harder than Onyxia, adds depend on how good your tank is.

Generaly when you are learning, you should put your best geared tank on adds as he will take insane ammount of physical+electrecute dmg from adds and the boss untill he learns how to do it well enouth upto the point where dmg will be trival.
    However on a learning perspective, gear will not save you so you should think about a CD roation for each electrecute sub 40%

So my guild has been grinding Nef for a week now and we are having trouble. I am not sure what we are doing wrong.

We are pushing two crackles in p1 and none in p2. We do ok for the first two phases. Healers are ok on mana as long as they are managing their cd. The problems we are having are in p3. We are ok for about a min or two with the add tank kiting the adds around the outside of the room with Nef held in the middle. The problem we seem to be having is that the add tank is getting ganked hard core by the adds as we go around Nef's tail. I get stunned and can't heal him and by that time the adds are very big and hitting really hard. I am a disc priest throwing shields and penance on the add tank whenever it's off cd. And supplementing with GH as needed. I have a druid backing me up. I am trying to keep myself ahead of where the add tank is going so I don't have LOS issues with the pillars. The druid stays in with the rest of the ranged by Nef. Our add tank is a warrior.

Are we missing something? I would like to get this boss down already. Getting a little burnt out with the 3hrs. of wiping a night. lol. Any help would be appreciated. I do have logs just waiting for the healing lead to post them. When he does I can post them.

Quote Originally Posted by Urud View Post
    Nefarian hits harder than Onyxia, adds depend on how good your tank is.

Generaly when you are learning, you should put your best geared tank on adds as he will take insane ammount of physical+electrecute dmg from adds and the boss untill he learns how to do it well enouth upto the point where dmg will be trival.
    However on a learning perspective, gear will not save you so you should think about a CD roation for each electrecute sub 40%
    you should be turning nef when the tank gets by the tail...in phase 3 there shouldn't be any tail swipes.

P.S. we just downed nef this week thanks everyone for replying. we went in tuesday and 1 shotted him

I'm having a problem in my guild where we constantly lose the two hunters during our P2 push (Eletrocute followed by shadow barrage) and 1 shaman healer. Thus far the de facto shaman class leader absolutely refuses to hear about glyphing stoneclaw totem for the healers (we have only 1 priest and he's shadow) and refuses to listen to talenting into Nature's Guardian. The hunters claim they are using health stones and health pots and that deterrence doesn't seem to work on electrocute so stop yelling at them when they die. Now I can't believe this is a unique problem, so I've come to pick the brains of the people here.

I did note the elixir vs flask which I'll bring up but is there any other tips or tricks people can throw our way?

The Mirror of Broken Images is probably what they need to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Minibell View Post
    I'm having a problem in my guild where we constantly lose the two hunters during our P2 push (Eletrocute followed by shadow barrage) and 1 shaman healer. Thus far the de facto shaman class leader absolutely refuses to hear about glyphing stoneclaw totem for the healers (we have only 1 priest and he's shadow) and refuses to listen to talenting into Nature's Guardian. The hunters claim they are using health stones and health pots and that deterrence doesn't seem to work on electrocute so stop yelling at them when they die. Now I can't believe this is a unique problem, so I've come to pick the brains of the people here.

I did note the elixir vs flask which I'll bring up but is there any other tips or tricks people can throw our way?
    Deterrence does not prevent Electrocute damage, but Glyph of Raptor Strike does reduce it by 20%. Also, Deterrence will prevent damage from Shadow Barrage, so it's best to use when transitioning into P2. Using it when climbing onto the pillar will help prevent deaths and allow time for the healer to triage their platform. When the Deterrence expires, another glyphed Raptor Strike on the Chromatic Prototype will give the healer a bit more time to top everyone off.

Quote Originally Posted by Minibell View Post
    I'm having a problem in my guild where we constantly lose the two hunters during our P2 push (Eletrocute followed by shadow barrage) and 1 shaman healer. Thus far the de facto shaman class leader absolutely refuses to hear about glyphing stoneclaw totem for the healers (we have only 1 priest and he's shadow) and refuses to listen to talenting into Nature's Guardian. The hunters claim they are using health stones and health pots and that deterrence doesn't seem to work on electrocute so stop yelling at them when they die.
    - We had our hunters use Raptor Strike on cooldown during progression to make the healers job way easier.
    - Your shaman need at least to specc into Ancestral resolve if he don't want to take Elemental Warding (as well) and sacrificing on glyph slot for survival shouldn't be a big deal, should it? Tell him to not be a bitch and working for the team unless you can replace him for this fight instead..
    - If you're running 25s you could also pair him with a disc priest for painsup/raidbubble or for 10/25s similar you could use a protpaladins raidwall for the p2 crackle or a safeguard specced protwarrior or any paladin bubbling and giving him Hand of Sacrifice.

You don't need any Crackles in P1 or P2, and there is no point in doing them. You lose dps overall by splitting your raid onto different targets, and Phase 3 is perfectly controllable forever, and very easy for everyone except that a single offtank requires a bit of focus.

We use a Prot Paladin with a Prot Warrior using Intervene on him as a cooldown for Crackles in P3. When fire is about to come, the Paladin with aggro moves the adds just far enough away so they won't get hit, but doesn't drag them so far as to restrict his kite path later on. Keep moving them before the fire spawns, but minimizing overall movement at the same time.

The MT just slowly spins Nef the entire time with the raid staying on the sides of Nef, rarely having to move too much. The whole raid just slowly rotates in a circle during P3, burning Nef to zero, healing both tanks who take predictable, healable damage, and using a rotation of 2 barriers, 1 divine guardian as cooldowns for each Crackle.

Phase 1, we burn Onyxia to zero and ignore Nef.
    Phase 2, we burn the adds to zero and ignore Nef.
    Phase 3, we burn Nef to zero.

This works on Heroic, and I recommend it on normal mode too.