+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy Paladin in need of help always seem to be OOM

Holy Paladin in need of help always seem to be OOM

Hey guys after main years of successful tanking Im giving healing a go as I found I was getting bored with tanking. At first everything was going well but just laterly i'v been finding myself OOM in heroics.

It would be great if you guys could take a look and tell me what you think and any advise you can give me would be great. Also does shockadin really work? been playing around with as an ofspec.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r%C3%B3/simple

Reforge your chestpiece and ring to have some Spirit. Work on Hyjal and Therazane rep so you can enchant helm and shoulders. It doesn't help that you have two trinkets that have pretty weak proc/on-uses. Tear of Blood, Core of Ripeness, Mandala of Stirring Patterns, and/or Darkmoon Card: Tsunami (if you have the cash) would all be huge upgrades.

I'm sure that there is a playstyle component to your OOM issues, maybe you're doing something wrong, maybe you just have fail pugs. You didn't give a ton of info, and I don't know a ton about Holy Paladins anyways (which is why I'm sticking to general healing advice).

This doesn't relate strictly to mana, but why take Blazing Light in your main spec when you can grab nice stuff like Aura Mastery?

Ok so this is what I do when healing I beacon the tank and mostly use holy light and holy shock. Then depending on whats need I well use word of glory or dawn of light. At the start of boss fights I use Dvine light on tank and meele reventing back to holy etc etc during fight.

Also I always keep judgement on CD and whenever im running low on mana I use Divne Plea with Avenging Wrath.

I have taken blazing light after chatting with another holy paladin. Is this Wrong?

In my opinion using divine light at the beginning of each boss fight isn't totally necessary. I rarely use it on melee at all. When I look at your character I do notice you lack haste. You have a really nice amount of spirit(above 2000 is ideal). Anyway, since your casts are slower you probably are forced to use some heavy heals to keep people up, which in turn is causing you to go oom. You should try reforging more of your gear. Get your haste up to above 1700 (you are currently 798). For holy pallys you want int>spirit>haste>crit/mastery. Basically mastery and crit are two stats you should almost always reforge into spirit or haste depending on what is actually possible and what you need. I'm assuming you judge whenever possible. For divine plea I usually pop it and avenging wrath when I have about 70-80% of my mana. I wouldn't suggest waiting till you almost run out. I don't spec into blazing light, and I'm pretty sure those points could be put to better use.

I wanted to add Holy radiance is just plain awesome. I didn't see you mention it. When I'm in situations in which multiple people are taking damage I use it and then holy shock, holy light on those who need it. I use flash of light only when things get bad and lay on hands in a really bad spot. Do you use healbot or some other addon like grid?

I tend not to ues to many addons as they make me lag to much. Holy radiance is awesome I use it a lot. I will start reforging and get my haste up. What do you us as an off spec?

All personal plans.

Gemming: Apart from to activate the meta, I gem everything for pure intellect (which might make me stupid, ironic) unless the socket bonus would give you the total equal to 40*(# of sockets). eg. 1R 1B, +10 int bonus -> I would double up on int for +80 total. 1R 1B, +20 int bonus -> 1 +40 int, 1 +20int/+20 spirit for +80 (with bonus) and a freebie of +20 spirit.

Reforging: I put all my crit and mastery into haste. It's hard to hit the soft cap (12% I think) with current gear content so I throw all the lesser stats into it. leave anything with just haste and/or just spirit alone.

Enchanting: All your enchants match up to mine. No point upgrading blues with the maelstrom crystal enchants until 359s (and if cheap-ish on your server).

Usage: I've tank healed 5 bosses (I'm a guild maintank with triple specs). Beacon on non-assigned target (if one tank, then a melee DPS who is prone to accidents), Holy Shock when up, otherwise spam Holy Light and Word of Glory with 3 Holy Power (Maybe even Light of Dawn if positioned correctly and the tank is above 90% HP for AoE heals). My 'uh-oh' heals in order of use or necessity are: Flash of Light, Divine Light, Lay on Hands. Even if some of my heals are helping out the raid because the tank is topped off, I rarely run low on mana and most fights have a moment or two for mana regen periods (Magmaw on spike, Arcanitron's power goo ect). When I tank heal, Holy Radiance is is a no no button. Use sparingly if you know you have the mana to finish the fight since it drains a good chunk of mana, plus all those druids and priest healers have sniped your raid heals :P Summary: HS HL HL HS HL HL HS WoG rinse and repeat.

I do no have huge experience raid healing, but I do the same thing, but for the lowest target (Holy Shock, Holy Light spamming) and make sure to be in good position to use holy Power for Light of Dawn AoE healing. I do use Holy Radiance a little more frequently during large raid AoE damage. Summary: I'm not the best raid healer and other classes are better skilled for it.

My Holy gear is similar to yours (mostly blues) since it's my 3rd spec, but I've done as I've said above and my haste is giving me 1.9 second Holy Light casts (after Judgement and no procs). Haste will help out with quick lower heals over slow crit heals. All the spirit on your gear should be plenty for now for regen, just don't go crazy with Holy Radiance (if that's what you were up to :P). Hope this helps!

Thanks guys for all your advise. How am I looking now http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r%C3%B3/simple ?

Lol. I'm guessing my advice about needing more haste was taken to heart. Did it help? I noticed on your gear you are gemming for pure haste. You are better off gemming for int/haste instead. Int is the best stat you can get. It increases your mana pool, makes your heals stronger, and also effect divine plea making it better. Follow this for gemming....red=+40 int. Blue=int/spirit yellow=int/haste. In terms of reforging I would recommend reforging your chest to spirit and your relic into spirit. Mastery sucks right now. You have 2229 spirit which is awesome, but more can't hurt. In terms of stats get as much int>spirit>haste>mastery=crit as possible by reforging and gemming.
    Last edited by Bung; 03-10-2011 at 09:51 AM.

If I take me pure haste gems out my haste will drop below 1700. I understand this to be the ideal amount of haste Am i wrong?

Int>Haste.

+ Reply to Thread