Thread: @ atramedes Gong + searing breath

@ atramedes Gong + searing breath

Durring hardmodes 2 ticks is pretty much putting players @ or below 50% I'm curious if The gong is clicked as soon as the boss mod timer hits zero if he casts it or if it's a just the cooldown to the ability

The boss mods only reflect the cooldown of the ability, not when the boss will use it. Following boss mod timers alone you will end up wasting more of the shields than you can afford to spare.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

theres a very useful addon for this since i dont know if its allowed to post links here i wont but im sure if you look for it u can find it.

basically what it does is ~5sec before the timer comes up it disables all mouse clicks - as soon as atramedes casts searing flame clicks will be allowed again.
    this allows you to spam click on a gong and interrupt reliably after the first tick.

i dont think its possible to interrupt before a tick happens, to my knowledge atramedes will just cast searing flame again after the stun if the gong is clicked too soon

Oh, do link that addon, sounds interesting.

Yes, you can preclick and compleatly avoid searing pain, it happened on some of our attempts. As song as you can stunn it in the 3 second duration of the time he is about to cast it. But as Quinafoi said the mod just tracks the cooldown and we had some searing pain fail aswell trying to compleatly avoid it in some attempts so we just gave up on it and take a tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Brox703 View Post
    Durring hardmodes 2 ticks is pretty much putting players @ or below 50%
    Have everyone pop a cooldown for it, there shouldn't be more than three or four searing flames during the entire fight, one every two minutes exactly. We can't push 1 tick reliable (tried it with several different people) so everyone needs to watch their own back.

Let's see:
    Warrior - shieldwall 2 minutes, your dps might want to use a equip/stancedance macro for this.
    DK - AMS will do the trick
    Rogue - Feint
    Hunter - glyphed Raptor Strike
    Warlock - pop nether ward if destro, you've 20% reduction anyway due to Soullink
    Paladin - glyphed Divine Protection; raidwall (protection) covers it all at once for your entire raid
    Druid - Barskin, Feral can use Survival Instincts
    Priest - Powerword shield; Dispersion, you might want to save Painsup/Guardian Angel for your tanks, it's up to you
    Shaman - glyphed Stoneclaw (~ 16k absorb) + Ancestral Resolve or Elemental Warding talents; Shamanistic Rage
    Mage - Mage Ward, Iceblock; Ice Barrier

Eh we just had a lightwell down and made everyone click it after it goes off. Between that + our regular heals, as long as people weren't screwing up to the discs nobody died on the AoE pulse right after (which was the major killer for us if people got higher sound than normal).

Quote Originally Posted by Tique View Post
    theres a very useful addon for this since i dont know if its allowed to post links here i wont but im sure if you look for it u can find it.

basically what it does is ~5sec before the timer comes up it disables all mouse clicks - as soon as atramedes casts searing flame clicks will be allowed again.
    this allows you to spam click on a gong and interrupt reliably after the first tick.

i dont think its possible to interrupt before a tick happens, to my knowledge atramedes will just cast searing flame again after the stun if the gong is clicked too soon

While I don't believe disabling the function of user interface devices itself is against the rules, I believe that particular addon and how it conducts itself would go against "the spirit of the game". I would recommend against using such an addon. Since this addon is designed to take a core mechanic of the encounter away from the user's control I think it would be frowned upon by Blizzard. One of the key aspects of this encounter is you can waste the shields, taking away the ability to waste limited resources on a resource based encounter is almost certainly a violation of the spirit of the game blanket rule.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

2 ticks is still survivable. What strat are you using? We found grouping up was the easiest way to deal with the healing issue, the only person at risk of dieing if two ticks went off was the gong clicker since he wasn't in AoE heals. But it was a paladin so he was able to take care of himself if it became an issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAtkP673Etc We have no healy priest so we can never use their fancy tricks.

My guild's strategy is to stack up and then run right for Sonic Pulses and then run left for Searing Breath. Normally we have no problems however we run into one issue that seems to be constantly wiping us. A lot of times as we are running right for the Sonic Pulses and the Pulses are moving we then get someone targeted with Searing Breath we either end up losing that person to both or while we are moving we are getting 1-2 ticks of that searing flame. How are people dealing with the Pulse + Breath and almost the same time?

Its easy to tell if its possible that the sonic breath will come right after the disc. In that event its best to run in toward Atra pass the sonar pulse, then strafe left, you should still be well ahead of it if you react quick enough.

We knocked this out last night and also found moving together to be helpful:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owHJJfuIDf8

A couple of differences from some of the other videos:
    - My ranged/healers found it helpful to be 5-10 yards behind the melee group so that they would have a bit more time to move from the discs.
    - We made sure to kite the flames to where Atramedes spawns. This made it so that the flames were never in the center of the room (raid would start on the sides, near gongs, then run to his spawn. That way, when the gong was hit, the flame would go to one side and never the middle).
    - Our warlock hit the gong during the ground-phase because it is based on timing. He called out to be topped off before he went to hit the gong.
    - Our Resto shaman hit the gong during the air-phase because he had good latency and a reliable kiting ability.

It is definitely one of the easier Heroic fights.
    Grymauch, Dwarf Warrior, From Chaos: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rymauch/simple

I'm the clicker for my guild, and I use the Atramedes clicker mod: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ldclicker.aspx

It puts a frame in the middle of your screen that intercepts all mouse clicks about 5 seconds before Searing Flame is out. This lets your clicker spam right click incredibly fast. When Searing Flame actually is cast, the frame disappears. Essentially, the "reaction time" on the part of your clicker is cut out, which is a good chunk of the overall time from the first tick to second tick.

You'll always get 1 tick. If you have a holy paladin or disc priest (and you should have at least one of these), you can use aura mastery or PW:B at every one.

I would highly recommend against that mod because it's behavior is something that Blizzard would not intend. In a circumstance where you have limited resources, in this case dwarven shields, a key part of the design concept is that those resources can be wasted. Using a mod which is designed to prevent you from wasting them would likely be considered against the spirit of the game.

Yea well knowing exact ability timers is against the spirit of the game too, you are supposed to read the emotes and then react.

Its all for helping the cripple, as much as this boss has been crippled in heroic anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    I would highly recommend against that mod because it's behavior is something that Blizzard would not intend. In a circumstance where you have limited resources, in this case dwarven shields, a key part of the design concept is that those resources can be wasted. Using a mod which is designed to prevent you from wasting them would likely be considered against the spirit of the game.

Against the spirit of the game? If Blizz has a problem with it, they will get rid of it like they did with AVR (which they got rid of for a completely different reason than most people think, it wasn't because it made fights trivial...it was because they don't want people to be able to draw on their landscapes).

The mod is 100% legit, and with the timing of searing, it is very helpful. I am an extremely fast clicker, but I have found that without it I am dependent on my latency. Some nights, if my latency is really low, I can get every first click. Other nights, if it is slightly higher, 2 ticks would go off. This allows you to spam clicks, so the click is actually going through before searing is going off if you have lag issues and still can get 1 tick.
    Last edited by Rudolpho; 02-28-2011 at 02:40 AM.