+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spell Reflect in the next patch!!

Spell Reflect in the next patch!!

As stated in next patch notes Spell reflect will have now a 25s cooldown, 20 whit the glyph.
    I was terrifed when I first read (Im PVPing a a prot warrior)!!!
    But I also read in the patch notes that we warriors will have reduced magic damage taken with talents: Shields Mastery no longer reduces the cooldown of Spell Reflect. Now causes your Shield Block to also reduce magic damage taken by 8/16/25%.

The new cooldown for SR seems not as good, but I think can compensate with the magic resistance we will have.

I love prot warrior and I wont reroll arms just because of this.

Would be nice to hear your ideas.

it will definitely take a bit of a relearning to not be so reliant on spell reflect, but it shouldn't make that huge of a difference, you'll probably overtime take less spell damage overall with this change if you keep shield block on cd.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

With spell damage reduction it maybe worth saving ur SR for things like hex and sheep and just eating the chaos bolts etc.
    its an interesting change thats for sure. also who knows how many times it will al change before it goes live.

for now i shall just enjoying spamming SR whenever its off cd lol

Let's be honest.

In PvE it was very hard to tell what was reflectable and what was not. While I too love this spell and spam it on CD its reliability was dubious at best. Very often spells that should have been reflected got through and sometimes(when the planets were aligned correctly) I had the feeling it relected more than just one spell.

Nevertheless I was devastated when I read the patch notes. This is just another major PvE nerf due to PvP. Blizzard has long ago jumped the shark when it came to PvE/PvP balancing but this time the shark has jumped Blizzard. They should have installed completely separate rulesets/skill functionality for PvP and PvE AGES ago.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

for me spell reflect is an ability that defines warriors.
    nothing makes me happier than seeing a reflect and watching the response in PVP
    or the warm feeling of saving my healer a heal due to my forethought.

lets just hope they dont turn our spell damage reduction totally passive cos that would suck big time

The last boss in FoS was perfect in that respect. You could alternatingly interrupt and spell reflect him. That was great fun.

It may be a problem for PvP but I don't give a flying hoot for Arena.

Yes, this is something that defined warriors. That was our active spell damage reduction. They took our jerbs!

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

england, because its awesome *sips tea* *smokes pipe*
    bit annoyed at this. making us more reliant on a 12-second ability with a minuite cooldown just means that if we ever have to fight 2 in a row, we are at a major disadvantage. before i used to laugh at melee classes, stun em, take thier weapons off them, fear em, and then block all thier attakcs and revenge. now disarm lasts 50% of the time if im lucky, fear is trinketed, and my block may need to be saved for fighting OP mages. the only thing iv got left is stun, and they are nerfing the stun on charge to boot.

hell, its not like 12 seconds of cooldown even matters to a caster, as for a good 6-8 of it you are CCed (see: frost mages and endless freezing, warlocks and fears,CoE,horror and petstun, priests and fear/slows, moonkins and root.... have i missed one? i feel like i have). so essentially we get 25% less damage from spells taken for 4-6 seconds of the time we are actually fighting. its OK, but overall its not a lot of our looooong protfights where spellreflect counted for a lot of our dps/rage generation (as i am not PvP geared yet). for instance in a 1 minute fight we could get 5 spellreflects (accounting for initial rage gen and time taken to notice and cast), which could be on average (assuming a well-geared caster) about 5x15K (not sure if thats an average spell damage or not, just a guess), so around 75k DPM, so 1250 DPS lost. ok its not a lot but that could be higher with the right spell reflects, and 75k damage is not to be sniffed at, especially in prot. and i doubt we are going to negate 75k in the 12 seconds we have unless several spellcasters are on you, in which case the cc will be endless and you are dead anyway.

on the upside it warriors will finally have a usable defence against hunters, as some of thier shot damage is counted as spell damage, tho not reflectable.
    Last edited by skullkid2k4; 03-07-2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: spotted flaw in argument, changed accordingly. corrected spelling errors

+ Reply to Thread