+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SBF is gone, now what.

SBF is gone, now what.

First off Satrina, thanks sooo much for keeping your addon working as long as you did. I love, and raved about it to everyone I knew.

Secondly, now what do I do? I hate the blizzard buff frames, anyone have an addon that comes anything close to SBF?

I will continue to use SBF until it dies, thanks again Satrina

SBf is gone? When'd this happen.

Sad but, yeah it's true. Satrina posted this on 12/23:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#comments

I've started replacing my SBF frames with Auracle (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ffMonitor.html).
    Works fine so far.

Gonna miss SBF though. Big thanks to you, Satrina.

im in aww... i have a trinket named after the guy ffs.
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

anyone have a good alternative to satrina's then ?

I have several new buff windows set up to monitor Proc's and wanted buff and debuff's ... so I would love a equally modular addon ... ive looked on cursed but cant seem to find anything ? several of the tankspot people used satrina's so I'm wondering what they'll use to replace it

I've been using Raven: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/raven.aspx

Its pretty good. I use it as a general buff/debuff display, and it also has monitors to let me know when I'm missing a buff, or one of my enemy debuffs is going to drop off.

Closest ive been able to find lately is Phanxbuffs. Its definately not as good as Satrina's was, but it gets the job done.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...hanxBuffs.html

yea so.... SBF just updated... is satrina back?

the buffs click off now.
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

This is in the description under the new changes for the addon.

"
    At this point, do not send me bug reports and such. This is purely for convenience of Curse users, but as noted below I am no longer maintaining this addon. However, also as noted below, I have received some interest by people wanting to take ownership of SBF and continue it.
    SBF will likely continue!"

Thanks for keeping this addon updated as long as you have, Sat. It was by far the best buff addon I've tried. Hopefully you find someone who can live up to your standards to take over this addon because I'd love to keep using it.

Thanks Satrina, for making the best buff management addon ever. Be sad to see development stop, but I understand.

I seriously hope someone does step in and continues to keep this mod up and running. I will seriously hurting without it. I use it for all my classes for my timer bars as well as buff/debuff bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritime View Post
    I've been using Raven: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/raven.aspx

Its pretty good. I use it as a general buff/debuff display, and it also has monitors to let me know when I'm missing a buff, or one of my enemy debuffs is going to drop off.
    I've tried it during my lunch break and I must say I've been pleased with what I've seen from it. I'll definitely give it a shot in the next few days.

I really like how groups are defined by default, they were very close to what I spent a couple of hours configure in SBF (I had a very specific setup with lots of conditions)

SBF is gone, now what.

SBF is up and running again, just not Satrina keeping it updated, but it's working really well

Everything seems to be solved, but I'd still like to thank Satrina for making the best buff management addon ever.
    I installed it once, and never looked back. Good luck in the future, and may Elune shine upon you (or whatever).
    Always strive for perfection, but realise you'll never reach it.

Props to satrina.

gna back up my current version and save it somewhere.

yno, jsut incase the new updaters cock up somewhere along the line.
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

Hey folks - thanks for all the nice thoughts

There's a new maintainer for SBF, The projects on WoWI and Curse are all set for him to update and such. He's just going through and getting familiar with the code now. I am sure that there'll be some sort of update from him to say what's going on before too long. I am confident that he will maintain SBF just as well as I would.

It was genuinely fun to write SBF, and I really do wish that I had the time to maintain it even though I don't actually play WoW anymore, haha. It makes me warm and fuzzy to know that so many people enjoyed it. It's a very nice feeling to know that your work is appreciated by others

Best of luck to you all in everything that you do!

I picked up Elkano's Buff Bars as my first (de)buff mod. When I wanted visual notifications of special ones, I use PowerAuras or set up a tracker or stack counter in VuDo.

I have always heard great things about SBF and tried to set it up once when EBB was broken for a couple days. In that several day period...I still didn't have SBF set up the way I wanted it.

If I were to overcome the initial configuration hurdle...what advantages does SBF have over EBB+VuhDo+PowerAuras?

It is considerably fewer letters to type out, plus I've always found Power Auras to have a very slight lag on buff applying and removing.

It's also darn efficient, which is good.

+ Reply to Thread