+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moonkin DPS - please assist with possible rotation for raid DPS

Moonkin DPS - please assist with possible rotation for raid DPS

Currently, I am doing about 10 - 11k dps, when I *think* I should be doing at least 15k.
    Or maybe I am doing the best for my current gear, I'm not sure, perhaps you could help me out.

Here is a link to my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...5nguish/simple

Right now on a single target fight, for example I'll open up with Force of Nature (Treants), Moonfire, Insect Swarm, Starfall, Starsurge, then spam Starfire until Eclipse procs, then refresh Moonfire/IS, spamming Wrath until the next eclipse and using Starfall and Starsurge anytime they are up... making sure to keep up my dots.. and casting spells back to back to back..

What can I do to maximize DPS to increase it up to 13 - 15k

Any help you could offer is greatly appreciated.

One thing that will really help are log files - I don't know boomchicken, but I'm pretty sure those that do will be able to help you more with logs.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

A log would really help, yeah.

Most important things: keeping dots up, using starsurge on cooldown and during shooting star proccs asap. So where do you run with 10-11k dps and *think* it should be 15k? Dummy, heroics, raid? If raid, is every buff present you want to have?

Two problems with your rotation right off the bat.

1. When renewing both DoTs at the same time, Insect Swarm should always be cast before Moonfire because Moonfire does more damage and as a result benefits more from Nature's Grace proced by Insect Swarm.
    2. "until Eclipse procs" is very bad. "Until Eclipse will proc" is where you want to be. If you aren't using an addon with your projected energy state such as BalancePowerTracker then you are doing it wrong. If you aren't doing this right then you are wasting several casts on the wrong spell.

In what context do you "think" you should be doing 15k? Without knowing the context, I can't tell you where you should be.
    Hamlet's EJ Guide with WrathCalcs will probably help you some. WrathCalcs will tell you where you should theoretically be as far as DPS is concerned.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

You also want to use one wrath/starfire/starsurge before refreshing your dots after an eclipse starts or they likely won't get the eclipse modifier.

moved to halp!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Thank you for the replies... I don't have logs right now.

On the target dummys I am doing about 10k - 11k . On an Al'akir attempt last week I did about 10k -- learning the fight etc but still others, a hunter and a Spriest were doing 15 - 20k

Is that just all gear?

+ Reply to Thread