+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DW Frost DK Hit Cap

DW Frost DK Hit Cap

My wife is currently playing her DK as a Frost spec DPS. Her special attacks are hit capped but she was wondering what the hit cap was for normal attacks is. Her armory profile is linked below:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nubiara/simple

Fehuruz/Vindler

For DW the hit cap is like 26 or 27%. From what I've read it is not needed to hit the DW cap but instead go for the 8%.

Thanks, that is what I was remembering from Fury Warrior DPS.

DW Frost DK Hit Cap

The difference is that fury gets benefit from hit beyond 8% due to off hand white hits generating rage. Frost doesn't get much more than the white dps.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

First You need 25 expertise or there abouts depends on talents and race so it says boss cant dodge your attacks when you hover over tooltip.

Second Your specials spell hit cap and melee hit cap need to be achieved. Hover over these and it should say you have 0% chance of specials missing.

Your howling blast, death coil and all dot damage are considered a spell look how far you can be away from a target and still hit them with howling blast for example (20 yards .. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=49184).

Hence dont just look at your melee hit cap check your spell hit cap.

So now ... obliterate, howling blast, death coil, blood strike, plague strike and all your dots now all hit 100% of the time.

You need to realize your white weapon damage is a timy fraction of your damage.

From that point on you reforge all excess hit/expertise to mastery because mastery increases your frost damage (hover over the tooltip).

Thats the basics to start with once you get right up in gear you then need to switch over to sites like EJ's etc to min/max stuff.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

The hit cap for dual wielding auto-swings is always 19% higher than the special/single-weapon hit cap.

So against a raid boss it is 8+19 = 27%
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Your information is exact as always Satorri ... my only question is why you bothered to know that ... sicko
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Quote Originally Posted by uglybbtoo View Post
    Your information is exact as always Satorri ... my only question is why you bothered to know that ... sicko
    The same reason people know PI is 3.14159.. : frequent usage burns it into your memory
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread