+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin Tanking Reforging Please Help :P

Paladin Tanking Reforging Please Help :P

Hello, Im a tank in gear with ilevel of 350 and I am reforged into expertice I have 26 and hit is around 4.6% but I was reading that I should have a block of 102.2% and I was wondering if I should try to get mine up because mine is only 42%. What should I re-enforge to get it up?

Why do you went for expertise and hit in the first place? Do you really have aggro problems after the initial "wings + exorcism + captain + america shield + judgement + 3 hp sotr" pull?

Drop both for more migitation (mastery) and avoidance (dodge/parry) if possible

So I should get rid of all the expertice and hit and change it for Avoidance-

You have posted this same question twice...and not in the forum specifically named "HALP!"....

But yes, you should not be having threat issues with 0 expertise and 0 hit. Since you will have some on your gear that you can't completely get rid of, you will be fine. Get as much mastery, dodge and parry as you can. Attempt to keep dodge and parry about equal.

good evening. i seem to be having the exact opposite issue. this is my armory :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...olidous/simple

tonight I was running Heroic Blackrock Caverns and I noticed that my character was super "squishy." even the trash mobs were hitting me hard.
    i have my mastery at 50+ i believe, my dodge is at 12+ and my parry is at 14+. my health is 149k unbuffed. I need a little insight as to what I may be doing wrong. I've tried checking out the elitist jerks website, but i am unaware of some of the jargen they speak of. so any advice would be appreciative.

thank you in advance and happy gaming.

I asked Mr. Robot for you, and he's showing your set to be already optimized, with the exception of changing your boot enchant from +50 hit to Enchant Boots - Lavawalker (+50 Mastery, +2% movement increase), and swapping out your 2 Parry/Stam gem for Parry/Mastery gems. Also, are you using Devotion aura for the armor bonus, or Retribution aura for the threat increase? I've found that having at least 60% physical damage reduction from armor stacks nicely with our 10% DR from talents and our 30% DR from successful blocks, which moves your spike damage received to energy more than physical, grately reducing your squishiness as it levels out the healing needed to keep you going.

SJ

Untainted: I would take the points out of Seals of the Pure and put them in Pursuit of Justice. You can then put 50 mastery on your boots instead of one of the runspeed enchants.

Don't forget to get your armor tinker on the gloves, and the tinker on your cloak; otherwise it looks pretty ok.

I just wanted to throw my hat in the fire on this one. I have a pretty well geared Palladin tank (which is my main) I have 0 threat issues and my mitigation is pretty decent. Recently flip flopped my hit for more avoidance, currently I'm running with around a 4% hit (only due to hit on the gear). All the reforging I have done is mastery and expertise. If the piece does NOT have mastery on it, get some on it. If it has hit AND mastery on it, with dodge or parry reforge the hit into expertise gives your threat a nice little bump. I run my expertise at 26 (with SoT up for the bonus 10 thanks to the glyph). http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rgentfc/simple my armory, if it is showing my holy set or my pvp set I am sorry.

Edit: Yes I am using the PvP (conquest) 1h sword for PvE tanking right now, working on picking up a soul blade or one from a raid.

Sarge the Phosphorescent Ring could have > Dodge or Parry.. Your Dodge/Parry should be as closely matched as possible . You never want to stack Stamina gems as you did in your hands and your belt just for example. For example on the belt I would use Puisant Dream Emerald because I think I do want that +10 dodge bonus on the belt. I would put a fractured amberjewel in the prismatic socket.. Same logic on the gauntlets I probably do want that Dodge but I would use Ask Mr Robot if I should ignore that +10 dodge and socket a fractured amberjewel anyway. Otherwise another puisant dream emerald there too.

P.S. Not a complete analysis just a quick glance.

Yeah I'm going threw changing all my gems around right now. I just slapped them in there for my last build which was stam > everything (was just for heroics and messing around.)

Ah yeah makes sense then

what is the most imported stats to less imported stats and how how should i be reforging gear
    Last edited by grimhilt; 05-11-2011 at 08:32 PM.

bump

Hasn't this been answered here already?

Mastery is your most important stat while parry and dodge coming second. You can safely ignore all other stats.

what the limit of each before diminishing returns

Mastery has no diminishing returns, which is why its our #1 stat. Parry and Dodge have roughly the same diminishing return, and should be kept within 2.5% of each other to reduce issues, and both should be on the low side (11-15%). Hit and Expertise are great, but not useful at this time for midigation, so those stats should be avoided/reforged to other useful stats.

SJ

To truly understand things I recommend maintankadin.failsafedesign but the short of it is... As long as you can keep your Holy Shield up then Mastery is king which by the way you can keep your Holy Shield up especially now that we get it from AS procs too. Of course this is only helpful against physical damage and for the most part this is what you will be dealing with for now. Next best stats are Parry/Dodge which simple logic tells you does give benefit beyond full combat table coverage but that logic comes from a lot of reading.. If you just want me to tell you simply there is no way you can have too much Parry/Dodge until end game gear not even 359. So stack Mastery and then save gear so you can balance Parry/Dodge. Stamina is always good but I just grab bonuses for it only..

On the PTR 4.2 notes you will see a reference to a change making Judgement still proc Judgements of the Wise even if we miss the target.. Why? Here's Blizzards own words.

This is to help ensure Protection paladins are not starved for mana if they aren't capped on hit rating.
    PTR 4.2 referencing Judgements of the Wise http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...e-updated-5-10

P.S. Expertise isn't needed either you should read that as absolutely not needed.. I glyph into to CS but not for 10 exp

thanks for all the tips. here is my pallie just want to find out if their is anything i should change. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rimhilt/simple

+ Reply to Thread