+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lack of Raid Progression / Raid Order!??!

Lack of Raid Progression / Raid Order!??!

I belong to a casual raiding guild. In WotLK we were able to make our way through all of the raid content.

Now that we are in Cataclysm we have had little luck with downing raid bosses (currently we have only downed Argaloth multiple times).

We have tried Halfus Wyrmbreaker and Magmaw. The fights were not pretty.

My question is which raid bosses should we be attempting first? And what order should we attempt the others?

Thanks in advance!

My easiest to hardest list

Easy:
    BWD: Magmaw, Omnotron
    BoT: Halfus (easy drakes), V&T
    ToW: Conclave

Middle:
    BWD: Maloriak, Atramedes, Chimaeron
    BoT: Halfus (hard drakes), Ascendants (dps gate boss, either you burn him down in time or you don't)

Hard:
    BoT: Chogall (easiest of the final bosses)
    CoW: Al'akir
    BWD: Nefarian (hardest of the normal mode bosses)

If Halfus has frenzy, shadow nova and mortal strike for your first lockout, go to blackwing descent, you will find maloriak easier.

Conclave and omnotron are very simple execution fights. Halfus and Magmaw are dps checks as well as orientation checks. From there on in, you will be wanting your 5 dps (assuming you 2 tank/3 heal the places which is to be recommended) to be pulling 12-16k dps each to beat the berserks/soft enrages.
    Last edited by Fetzie; 02-19-2011 at 08:26 PM.

also i wouldnt suggest hitting magmaw without a player who can reliably slow the worms like a hunter with frost trap. if you dont have a reliable slow then you will need to tank them with some serious aoe dps

Thanks for the response!

What's been responded here is very accurate so I wont get into the order of progression, but since you said that your attempts on magmaw and halfus didnt went exactly well, I'd like to point out awareness of the general state of your raid, you can ask yourself the following:

what's my raids composition, do I have a good enough melee/ranged ratio? (this specifically for magmaw, cuz u need good ranged and good snares)
    what's the average dps of my dps crew? does every1 exceed 10k dps?
    what's the average hps of my healers?
    Is every1 familiar with the boss strategy?

If you can answer all these questions in a positive manner, you shoudlnt have much trouble with any of the entry level encounters (except maybe halfus on some weeks).

+ Reply to Thread