+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS sudden drop, need help?

DPS sudden drop, need help?

Okay so the long story short is:
    I WAS at about 16-17k DPS. All the sudden I dropped to about 13k but I'm still doing the same rotation, same stat priority, still hit capped, etc.

My basic DPS rotation:
    Garrote, SnD, Mut x 2, Envenom, mut to 4 or 5, rupture. I use the standard SND>Rupt>Envenom priority, I don't clip envenoms or cap energy on a regular basis.

My armory link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B3d/simple

See anything wrong, anything I can improve on? Let me know, greatly appreciated!

This post belongs in the Halp forums (individual character audit).

In what context? Do you have a log of 17k and another log in the same context of 13k?

Without understanding the context it's not possible to determine what you are doing wrong. It could be something trivial like you are comparing your starting DPS to your mid fight DPS in which case it's misunderstanding regarding how cooldowns work (front loaded damage). If its a particular encounter from week to the next it could be changes to the encounter (such as if you were comparing 4.0.3 Halfus to 4.0.6 Halfus, the boss no longer takes the additional damage immediately when a drake is released, you have to kill it before the damage increase is applied). It could also be variations in your group's composition such as losing the Sunder Armor / Faerie Fire debuff and forgeting to apply it yourself or losing a crit buff.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Your armory looks fine, so I'd look at buffs/debuffs provided, boss mechanics, cooldown usage.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    It could also be variations in your group's composition such as losing the Sunder Armor / Faerie Fire debuff and forgeting to apply it yourself or losing a crit buff.
    We have a pretty solid group of the same raiders from week to week, however I see where you're coming from. It is very possible I've lost a few buffs along the weeks from various classes that the player couldn't make it, etc. I'll definitely be looking at raid buffs and such, and seeing if I have the same batch of them from raid to raid. As for trivial, I can see where that would work itself in. I know there have been a few kills on the ascendant council and what not that we've interrupted every single Hardened Skin for Terrestra, and there have been others where a few have gone off due to movement, etc. Or getting the Lightning rod multiple times. I'll be paying closer attention to these things, thanks for the reply.

Your opening rotation should be garrote/snd/mut/rup/mut/env

+ Reply to Thread