+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is Last stand of prot warroir survival skill in Cata?

TBH i can't really see much of an advantage to warriors against the double attack. sure LAst stand/ER is nice, but the whole point of the double attack is to get that tank above a certain health thresh hold quickly, whether thats LS+ER, DS, LoH, or FR, no tank can self heal quick enough every DA to do it, it' one of those have to rely on your buddy type fights.

The double strike is simply a mechanic that requires the tank to be healed above 150k life. Last stand won't help with that more than once every 3 minutes, and it happens about every 15 seconds. Last stand is awesome for P2, as it gives you another swing that doesn't kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    TBH i can't really see much of an advantage to warriors against the double attack. sure LAst stand/ER is nice, but the whole point of the double attack is to get that tank above a certain health thresh hold quickly, whether thats LS+ER, DS, LoH, or FR, no tank can self heal quick enough every DA to do it, it' one of those have to rely on your buddy type fights.
    The point of Last Stand on a double attack is that each hit of the double attack strikes for 180k. You have to have 10k remaining after the first hit. That means you either have to block it (shield block cooldown is good for every strike in the encounter except the second one, which you won't have the CD up for yet), get an absorb shield, or have a minimum of 190k HP without last stand (180k hit from the boss + 10k minimum left over). What Last Stand does is it puts you above that 190k mark so that even if you manage to not block the attack, you still don't get one shot.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Last Stand starts feeling more useful on heroic modes when there is actually some burst damage. On normal mode there isn't much if any real burst so it feels like a 30% hp heal with the bonus to maxhealth being only useful for buffing enraged regeneration.

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    The point of Last Stand on a double attack is that each hit of the double attack strikes for 180k. You have to have 10k remaining after the first hit. That means you either have to block it (shield block cooldown is good for every strike in the encounter except the second one, which you won't have the CD up for yet), get an absorb shield, or have a minimum of 190k HP without last stand (180k hit from the boss + 10k minimum left over). What Last Stand does is it puts you above that 190k mark so that even if you manage to not block the attack, you still don't get one shot.
    Like i said "it's nice, but it's not usuable every DA, and other tanks have comparable abilities"

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Like i said "it's nice, but it's not usuable every DA, and other tanks have comparable abilities"
    No one's claiming other tanks don't have comparable abilities. What does that have to do with it? And it's irrelevant that you can't use it on every double attack. You only need it for one. Every subsequent double attack is soakable with Shield Block, even if you have as little as 136k HP. It's a tool that makes it so that you don't have to have 190k HP and you don't have to rely on an external cooldown for the one Double Attack in the encounter that isn't handle-able by Shield Block. Shield Wall can do the same thing. It's a nice extra layer of redundancy, and every little bit helps.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

I think you're reading my posts out of context

My post was a response to Machoen's immmediately previous post(last post on page 2); in his opinion Warriors had an advantage over DKs in taking the DA, due to last stand. I was merely disagreeing.

LS+ Enraged regen has saved my life and prevented wipes on more occasions than I care to remember. I realise this has already been said, but I wanted to come out as part of the LS support lobby.

When you're healers are behind and there is a risk the next hit will wipe you out, LS+enraged regen can very quickly put you and your healers back on the front foot.

+ Reply to Thread