+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood Death KNight

Blood Death KNight

I really enjoy tanking on my death knight, but I've been debating about weapons. I was told once that a blood DK should use a 2h weapon for tanking, but that was in Wrath. So I was wondering if its better to wield a 2h dps weapon (because i've found no tanking 2h weapons yet) or dual wield 1h tanking weapons. Halp plz!!

~Allania

Wow the Dual Wield - 2h issue resurfaces.

There really is no good reason, that I can be convinced of, to dual wield; also Blizz intentionally made blood a 2h spec, so they say.

Re: Blood Death KNight

The talents required to make Dual Weilding effective are in the Frost tree. The second - Threat of Thessarian, which lets your specials hit with both weapons - is completely inaccesible to a Tanking (Blood) build, yet necessary for full threat output.

So, although you *could* still use two 1 handers the results are going to be less than optimal because you won't have access to the deep talents in Frost. Granted, you are entitled to play the way you like since you pay the subscription fees... But I don't recommend a dual weild DK tank.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DKs are not generally supposed to use a "tanking" weapon. Runeforging was designed specifically to fit this need. You get your threat stats from the weapon stats and the tank stats from the runeforge. It's an easy solution to keep from having drops in the loot tables that only one spec can use. Now, if they can just fix the holy pally issue so nicely.

Having said that, a nice dps weapon with mastery makes for a great tank weapon given that mastery is determined by your spec.

^_^ Thanks so much guys!! I def was leaning towards 2h but I'm jealous of the 1h avoidance weps lol. You've been a big help!! <3

There's no need to be jealous of the 1 handed weapon avoidance; we have the runeforges just for that.

+ Reply to Thread