+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tier 11 Raid Lockout Question

Tier 11 Raid Lockout Question

I was wondering how the lockout's are working this expansion.

Do heroic modes lock you to that type of raid? (10 or 25)

For instance, my guild wants to try out Heroic Halifus 10 man. However we are a 25 man raiding guild.

So if we kill 10 man Heroic Halfus, will we be able to convert back to 25 man regular to clear the rest of Bastion of Twilight this week?

Thanks,

Pist

I believe it is on a per-boss basis. If that is the case then yes you could theoretically kill 10m Heroic Halfus, then switch to normal 25m and clear the rest of BoT.

With that being said, heroic encounters are treated differently. If you kill a boss on heroic you are then locked to that raid with regard to additional heroic encounters after that. In your case that doesn't not sound to be an issue because you would be doing the rest on Normal and you should be able to switch and proceed without any problems with their 'flexible lockout system' available in all cata raids.

For reference see here:
    Flexible raid locks in patch 4.0.1

Tier 11 Raid Lockout Question

I thought the lockout for 10 and 25 man were different. So you can do 10 and 25 in the same week but the lockouts for heroic and normal were the same so you can't do HM 10 man and normal 10 man.
    Has this changed?
    Thanks

No, in Cata 10 & 25m share the same lockout. If you do one you can NOT do the other.

Simplest way to view it is you get saved to each boss now.

So if you killed say Halfus Wyrmbreaker, then you could join any raid in The Bastion of Twilight that has also killed Halfus Wyrmbreaker. Whether they are on Valiona and Theralion, or already on Cho'gall. Whether they are 10 or 25 man. Heroic or Normal. None of that matters, the only thing that matters is if you already killed Halfus Wyrmbreaker, you can't kill him again that week. Note that if you join a raid that is further progressed than yourself though you get saved to prior bosses. So if you didn't kill Halfus Wyrmbreaker and join a raid to kill Valiona and Theralion, you would be saved Halfus Wyrmbreaker as well having participated in a raid that killed him even if you personally did not.

Once you are saved to a particular boss, you can't kill it again that week on any raid size or difficulty.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

there is a bug/feature related to this. Basically you can't change from heroic->normal->heroic after killing a heroic boss.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1622896528

As far as I have understood the anouncement is, that one is able to switch raid ids on boss per boss basis (and raid size) for normal raids.

However for heroic versions you "have to run with the same characters" that should be the same id as I get it. But the last time I tried something like this on heroic raids it was buged. But that was ICC.

The normal version is working well. And yes, you can only kill a raidboss once per week. And if you join an id where a boss you did not kill is dead and you get a boss-kill with that id you may not kill any of the bosses that are dead for said raid id.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    No, in Cata 10 & 25m share the same lockout. If you do one you can NOT do the other.
    This is a confusing statement.

you get saved on a per boss statement. so say.. you can go in and do magmaw on 10 man.. and swap over to council 25 man.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...on-refinements

+ Reply to Thread