+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max Camera distance

Max Camera distance

Can someone please tell me a addon that will allow me to zoom out of my UI as far as I want? Max camera distance or setscript dont seem to be working. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

AJAX

I too have the strong suspicion that either the maxdistance variable hax has stopped working or one of my addons has started interfering with it.
    Need halp

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

/console cameradistancemaxfactor 4 still works for me.

"In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

UI Scale affects camera zoom in a way I have mine set to 0.75 and the camera zoom is decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaitochi View Post
    UI Scale affects camera zoom in a way I have mine set to 0.75 and the camera zoom is decent.
    This is not true.

UI scaling only applies to UIParent. That is precisely how UI scaling function, by scaling down the parent element to all UI elements, it scales down all of its child elements. The WorldFrame is not altered by UI scaling nor is the camera.

WorldFrame (the 3d game world rendered from the perspective of your camera) and UIParent (the UI elements) are the two regions which are parents to all other regions in the World of Warcraft API.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I use /console cameradistancemaxfactor 3, but whenever I enter a vehicle (such as getting picked up in magmaw's mouth) it resets my camera distance to the regular max distance. Anyone know how to change this behavior or how to make a macro to just instantly reset my camera. I could simply macro /console cameradistancemaxfactor 3 and then try to zoom back out, but I have the mouse scroll bound to abilities and my camera zoom out bind isn't readily available to spam for a few seconds in the middle of a fight.
    Last edited by Eetabeetay; 02-17-2011 at 04:46 PM.

add this to your config.wtf file in your wtf folder:

SET cameraDistanceMaxFactor setting

mine hasn't changed unless i change ui's or clear my wtf folder....
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Eetabeetay View Post
    I use /console cameradistancemaxfactor 3, but whenever I enter a vehicle (such as getting picked up in magmaw's mouth) it resets my camera distance to the regular max distance. Anyone know how to change this or how to make a macro to just instantly reset my camera. I could simply macro /console cameradistancemaxfactor 3 and then try to zoom back out, but I have the mouse scroll bound to abilities and my camera zoom out bind isn't readily available to spam for a few seconds in the middle of a fight.
    You can also save camera angles.

http://www.wowwiki.com/API_SaveView
    http://www.wowwiki.com/API_SetView

I believe there are default keybinds for these but can't remember what they are off the top of my head. However, saving a view will not save your cameraMaxDistance and cameraMaxDistanceFactor variables. Ultimately those control your maximum zoom and those have to be set. Assuming those are unchanged, you can use saved views.

+ Reply to Thread