+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Paladin heroic tanking.

It is a pretty fair assumption that judgement is being cast on cooldown

i hope so
    but with so many others things flat out wrong with his posts?????

i know ill probs get some stick for this. but have you tried cc pulls. you let your cc pull the mobs. then use the avengers on the mobs that are coming toward you. (ideally casters should have been cc'd if not try to make sure the cc is at least 3 mobs away from the caster)
    this is a good way to pull especially if most of the mobs are melee ones.
    if your on a boss then use crusader strike if there is no adds u need to kite/tank/aggro. this will generate ur threat well and also give u a single target damage increase.
    consecration should only really be used if theres a large amount of mobs that u need to aggro. but go careful of it breaking any cc
    there is a talent to reduce its mana cost by 80%

Ok about the HotR i never have problems breaking CC i was attempting to offer help and i had the skill wrong i meant sacred duty, and the reason i don't use Inq is because i use SotR and imo the extra holy damage isnt as good as using SotR but thats my opinion and i have 0 problems holding agro once again its just what i perfer. And since Inq doesnt last as long as wings i pop wings first then Inq... So after getting 3 holy power then using Wings/Inq/DP (in that order) i then also have an instant 3 holy power SotR with wings and Inq both still on which gives me more threat then using Wings/DP/Inq starting off the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    Code:
    /cancelaura Divine Plea
    /cast World of Glory
    This is brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I have to disagree on that. I find AoE tanking to be way easier with my Pally than my DK.
    100% agree

KEEPING IN MIND, the OP was asking about aoe tanking.....trash...Multiple target tanking...mmk..
    I have zero problems aoe tanking on Pally...However im not following this craze to use WoG in ANY part of my rotation...i dont spec into WoG whatsoever! "Eternal Glory" & "Guarded by the Light" i think are ridiculus talents and personnally cant stand seeing the Tankadins pop a wog every chance they get...The heal is just so minor its really little to no help, and any "shield" youd get from the overhealingwoul;d be just as small...Not to mention its only a shield forthe "over healed" portion of the WoG heal...If youve had someone tell you this was a good way to go, id drop them asap..

I see a few lists here on how to start a pull, id just like to add one thing..When popping ur DP, wings, inq> i cast exorcism>aveng shield..Aveng Shield is in flight as ur Exorc is landing, and this is an insane amount of threat...even without the Aveng Wrath>DP/Inq, i always pull with this method if the pull IS NOT being started with CC ofcourse...

I also agree with Dagim using Req every hp dump over SotR(unless im on a single target ofcourse)..I just find the extra 30% increase to all holy dmg to be far more useful...(Most (if not all) Paladin abilities are, or have Holy power)

PS: Theres a glyph to reduce cons mana cost by 80% if its THAT much problem for you..(i hope your judging EVERY cd,as this is our main means of mana regen in combat)
    Holy Wrath shares dmg with all targets in range...More targets=less dmg per target..

Edit: I find aoe tanking to be slightly harder on my Warr, than my Dk XD
    Last edited by Riz; 03-10-2011 at 11:58 AM.

acerimmer,

DPS does pull CC this is a common practice so if you pug be prepared for it.. That is their job because you are not ranged.. If you run the group of course it is an agreed upon course of action. Most good DPS will target through you to pull i.e. they will pull your target.

Riz
    WoG healing is very very difficult to pull off it takes a clear head and quick decision making.. It can be used very very effectively.. This is why it will be nerf'd and honestly I think Blizzard wants "survivalist" to go away.. What do they call it selfless healer on EJ? I think Blizzard wants to do away with this and for use to focus on damage.. So practicing this method is probably futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Contravene View Post
    Riz
    WoG healing is very very difficult to pull off it takes a clear head and quick decision making.. It can be used very very effectively.. This is why it will be nerf'd and honestly I think Blizzard wants "survivalist" to go away.. What do they call it selfless healer on EJ? I think Blizzard wants to do away with this and for use to focus on damage.. So practicing this method is probably futile.
    Ofcourse i dont mean theres no time for us to use our heals..We're Paladins, thats what we do..I was refferring to the tankadins using WoG EVERY 3/6 Hp..If your having to heal, theres already something wrong, or your topped off and want that shield...I just find theres far too many better tools to use, than to waiste 2-5 talent points to make this happen..We have several means of healing and dmg mitigation that i find far superior..

Heals- (if really neccesary Seal of Insight, Lay on Hands, Gift of Naaru (Draenei racial, 20% HP)
    Shields/Mitigation- Divine Shield, Divine Guardian, Ardent Defender, trinkets,etc...

Basically its, as it usually is, a playstyle prefference...While im VERY big on making the healers job as easy as possible, and reducing anyone, in my raid, incoming dmg as little as possible..(ive always tanked this way) I do not feel i should do their part for them when theres something that will benefit the tank more...I may be wording this wrong, i just mean Inquisition or SotR i think is the way to go in terms of spending your Holy Power...

Your points are well taken.. For me it came to this because my counter part (shamy healer) wasn't healing exceptionally well for a period of time from lack of gear and the learning curve to not use large heals always.. On top of that I had 2 melee DPS in my crew with no ranged to swap in.. So I helped out with WoG healing and we started taking down roics and of course this got us the healers gear along with her nice new confidence.. Now she heals me so damn good it is a bit of a mute point so I am moving to mitigation slowly but slowly. :P

+ Reply to Thread