+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Floting Combat Text???

Floting Combat Text???

So I was watching a Paragon Boss kill vid and noticed the recorder was useing the friendly field floting combat test. I also use this when healing so i notice the tics without having to always start at my raid frames. Helps keep my eyes on my screen center and what's going on around my. Anyways he was useing some add on that aloud him to change the text font. I was wondering if anyone know what addons would do this. Hopeing I could fine one with modules to adjust the size, font, colors, transparency incomming, outgoing, status, and notifications. I currently use parrot for my personal floting combat text but needed one to replace the stock blizz field view floting test. Anyone got any suggestions. Thanks.

Sounds like micscrolling battletext, which is the best combat text addon.

Yeah MiKScrollingBattleText; I use it and it let's you configure the scroll areas or disable them, configure the fonts, the sounds associated with certain actions like incoming crit, outgoing crit, etc.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ttle-text.aspx

It was late and I was pertty tired. Bad post, my bad. What I am looking for is a text for the target floting combat text. Mikes and parrot both have scrolling areas for there text. I like mikes, just been useing parrot for a long time so figured I would use it as long as it is still supported. I need one blizz labbles under there target floting combat text. In the stock ingame floting combat text menu, the 1st top section, there is a few boxes under the heading target. One of the boxes is labbled healing. I use this so I can see players, in my field of view, who I have hot's ticking on, without looking at my raid frames. For example: I am single target healing one target. Don't have time to switch to each other target and heal them up one at a time and spamming mass aoe like prayer of healing can't produce the throughput to keep my main target up and would depleat my mana fast. So i go chakra sanctuary keep healing my main target pop a few aoe's and place holy word sanctuary aoe ring in an area where most the other players are standing. Now, with the healing box checked, in the stock blizz floting combat text checked, I can see by the green (+) text tics over the player's how many of them are in the ring, This is also handy for any hot really. That is the text I am looking to change. DPS I see useing this test also from time to time with there damage text over their targets. I have set up my parrot outgoing scrolling areas to show my target and focus only. It just get's full of aoe/hot spam if not. The Paragon video I was refering to is the Paragog vs Al'Akir 25man beta. In this video you can see he is useing this text, though he's useing if for damage on target, but has changed the font style. That is what I am looking to do. Hope that helps clear up any miss communication on my part. So anyone know what add on does this? Thanks all.

Re: Floting Combat Text???

Try fontain

thanks dedic i'll try that

here's a ss of what I'm trying to change
    WoWScrnShot_020811_152821.jpg
    see the grean +(numbers) hot/tics over the targets thoughs are the text I am trying to change. Thanks for all the positive feed back.
    Tried Fontain but didn't seem to be able to change it, but thanks still Dedic. Might play with Fontain a little more there are a lot of modules so 1 of them might do it just can't seem to find what the add on might be calling it. Tried a few diffrent headings like: combat text, floating text, green text, friendly text and so on but no luck so far.
    Last edited by ardaion; 02-08-2011 at 03:48 PM.

thats blizz's combat text.
    Blizz uses four fonts as defaults in all the UI elements.
    the only way i know to change them is;
    create a font folder (inside the WoW folder next to the interface folder)
    copy the font file you want to use into that folder four times
    rename the copies ARIALN.ttf, FRIZQT_.ttf, MORPHEUS,ttf, and SKURRI.ttf

now blizz will use that font in all the places it used the default fonts.

Thanks Doc309 that's a huge help.

+ Reply to Thread