Thread: Heroic Lockmaw

Heroic Lockmaw

I've seen so many different strategies used on this boss and was wondering, which ones has been the most effective.

Quoting myself from another topic.
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ol-vir-(Heroic)

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    At this time I'm uncertain if this is intended or a bug but currently it is possible to fight Lockmaw independent of Augh for the most part by actually fighting him inside the building behind him. By tanking Lockmaw in the doorway, preferably with his tail sticking out, you can expose the flanks of the boss for dps while also channeling all of the smaller crocs through the confined doorway. Additionally once Lockmaw is defeated if you remain in the building, Augh does not engage immediately allowing you to fully replenish inbetween. Naturally you would still choose to fight Augh outside giving you more room to avoid his whirlwind.

Since this building was placed very convenently there for this encounter I'm not surprised that it may be intended to be used in this manner to make the encounter easier. I think it may be there as more than a decoration and intended to be used, however, like I said I have no idea what Blizzard's true intentions were. For example, is the fight just that much easier simply because we did it the "right" way? I don't know.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Well, I like to think "as long as the boss doesn't reset, it's legit"
    Anyway, I haven't tried any of the two stairway tactics... How does Augh behave if you fight that way? does he always run around in the yard in front of the house? having him doing a whirlwind through the doorway would be pretty nasty
    I myself do the movement strategy where everyone has to pay attention for aughs whirlwind and bringing the crocs to me for stun/aoe/slowing/mass taunt/whatever. works like a charm with your average guild group, not so much with your average random group

as for the part why augh doesn't directly engage the fight after lockmaw is dead I am clueless. I always worry about him despawning so I just attack him as soon as my healers mana is up... Has anyone seen Augh despawning/Lockmaw respawning?

We just had a ranged dps kite Ugh when he came up away from the group. He runs away after a set amount of time it seems. He can also be disarmed which makes the WW not so dangerous still best to move but if he manages to get to the group the disarm allowed the healer to at least keep up while we moved.

I split the group into 2 separate groups, melee and ranged. Each group stands on top of one of the aligator statues behind Lockmaw. This essentially turns the fight into a tank and spank, since no one is on the ground the tiny crocs and Augh can be ignored completely. After downing Lockmaw there is OOC time to replenish before engaging Augh, who is tanked normally with everyone avoiding the WW.

Standing on statues no longer works after the patch. You supposedly can't get on them anymore.

This is correct you cant get on the staute anymore. So you must kill the adds when they come out and go back to the boss

Using the terrain to provide a an advantage is alright. Using it to completely ignore mechanics of the encounter is not. There is a difference between strategy and exploitation. That's why they prevent you from getting on the statues now, because it was an exploit cause it allowed you to ignore a mechanic of the encounter.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.