+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior protection macros.

Warrior protection macros.

Hi there, Im playing prot (as a tank with defensive stats), having lots of fun and enjoying it a lot (only BGs not arenas).
    I found that the usual "stance dance" is not so necesary as when I played arms.
    Im trying to figure out some macros, I only have a few of them now, let me tell you.
    One that puts me in battle stance then casts hamstring (dont use it a lot cause I already have a lot of stuns), another one that puts me in battle stance and then casts Shattering Throw (use it for remove shields and ice blocks), the last one Im using now puts me in berserker stance, casts recklessness, use my streght trinket (to put some crit hits, but results are not awesome).

Is there any other macro the advanced players can suggest???
    Thanks in advance!!

Forever warrior!!

My favorite macro (inspired by Xav's keybinds):

#showtooltip Charge
    /cast [help] Intervene; [harm] Charge;
    /cast Shield Slam

You only cast Shield Slam when you're in melee range, and Charge when you're in Charge range. Intervene if you have a friendly target selected.

#showtooltip Intervene
    /cast Intercept
    /cast Shield Bash

Again, you only interrupt in range; otherwise you cast Intercept (when in Intercept range). I have these 2 macros bound to 1 and ALT-1 respectively; super effective, super helpful.

For anyone wondering: you get used to quickly stopping Shield Slam spamming when your target is close to death (because yes, if you're spamming and your target dies before you hit the button you will target the next nearest enemy and Charge it :P )

Quote Originally Posted by reasonyousmile View Post
    #showtooltip Charge
    /cast [help] Intervene; [harm] Charge;
    /cast Shield Slam
    +5 Macroneering...
    • When a tooltip is being shown for the first cast/use in a macro, it does not need to be specified.
    • When ability selection is done between only opposite conditions such as help and harm, only one of the conditions needs to be defined because by virtue of one condition failing one can assume the other condition succeeds.
    • Semi-colons are only necessary when separating code groups, they are not necessary at the end of a statement.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [help] Intervene; Charge
    /cast Shield Slam
    This form will display the Charge icon and tooltip, unless you are targeting a friendly unit. Then it will display the Intervene icon and tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by reasonyousmile View Post
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /cast Intercept
    /cast Shield Bash
    +5 Macroneering...
    • You shouldn't display a tooltip for an ability you don't use in the macro (show intervene, cast intercept, does not compute).
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Intercept
    /cast Shield Bash
    Have a nice day.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    • You shouldn't display a tooltip for an ability you don't use in the macro (show intervene, cast intercept, does not compute).
    Shoot - I did do that, didn't I? I always write them interchangably, gahhhh

Thanks for the nitpicks

+ Reply to Thread