Thread: Interesting Heroic Maloriak 10 Strat

Interesting Heroic Maloriak 10 Strat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X12ZzaE-rtY

Recently killed this punk and thought I'd share for those of you who are maybe thinking of working on him. Before each dark vial phase there is a chance Maloriak will cast release aberrations, if he did we'd just let it go (which he did both times this attempt) and we'd just AoE down those 3 with the slimes. 6 Abberations is much easier to deal with than 9.

Enjoy.

Very interesting idea, makes it way easier for the offtank and frees up another slot for 25s. There's always a 'release aberrations' cast for us, just make sure that only one person interrupts the first storm - the other cast will follow right after that and if two people try interrupting it's most likely the second one will interrupt the release cast.

But one thing comes to my mind, aren't some aoe damaging casts are capped like aoe healing spells to six targets? Further targets will reduce their effectiveness per target? And tabbing for all the multidotting classes becomes worse.

We didn't have any issues killing them off + the slimes before the next vial phase began as you can see in the video. I imagine 25 wouldn't have any issues either.

We had that happen a couple times to us in our tries and we saw that we were able to finish the 3 aberrations and still make it on the enrage timer (before a third black phase).

So we actually debated about introducing that into our usual strategy , but ppl was reluctant as we had a couple tries with maloriak down to 1-2% , as teh saying goes "if it aint broken , dont fix it"

We got the kill doing 9/9 , but i think we will eventually turn into 3 6 / 3 6 as you posted.

You do have some pretty good AoE classes in there aswell, boomkin and demo lock.

Question about execution of 3/6

Our group was working on this last night. However, our first three adds only seemed to spawn every few attempts. Is anyone able to confirm or refute that using a spell school lockout interrupt on the first Arcane Storm will prevent him from casting before Dark Phase?

Thanks!

It doesn't, luckily he is very easy to reset if you want to start off with the 3/6.