+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I doing it right? Re Bear

Am I doing it right? Re Bear

Here's me:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=grizlee

I've been following the guides as best I can (especially the one of the blizz forum) but I seem a lot squishier than I think I should be. I've been reforging lower stats into dodge. Right now my gemming is probably all over the place because I get new gear someone tells me the new "IN" stat is this or that. For instance, today I was told I don't have enough mastery and too much dodge. I found out after I socketed a few full blue stam gems (Solid ocean sapphire) that I'm not supposed to do that any more

So what would the gathered expertise here suggest.

I plan on using my next JP going for the legs. I hope to get the trinket off Halfus to replace my 325 trinket. I'm almost exalted with Hyjal so I can get the Wrap of the Great Turtle (which I guess looks like an upgrade). I will also probably replace my strength ring (was made for me by someone leveling JC) with the exalted Earthen Ring ring.

TIA,
    Grizz

BTW, I have no expertise - should I do something to get some... again confused with the brave new cata world.

Heya Grizz, I'll be glad to help you out.

I'm Warstehdruid on the official forums and that's my in-game druid as well, feel free to armory when you can. I'm at work right now and don't have the oportunity to link it for you.

The "in" stat for bears since cata dropped has been agility. Nothing else. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise. You should be gemming as follows:
    Red: Delicate(40 agi)
    Blue: Shifting(stam/agility)
    Yellow: Polished(agi/dodge)

Reforge everything to dodge. You should have 0.0 aggro issues. zero, none, nada.
    Reforge in this order: Haste, Crit, Expertise, Hit, Mastery. You should never reforge for threat stats, at all.

The only time it is advisible to gear otherwise is around a specific comp or encounter. Doing a 10 man and you're the interrupt on the tank? Make sure you're hit-capped. Doing an encounter on heroic which you're severely undergeared for(read: Doing heroic 25s in blues)? Gem Stam.

You should keep trinkets around to switch in and out for specific encounters. Though even through that, I've taken as little as 7500 damage per second through an omnitron encounter on 25man. Compared to my counterpart warrior who took over 11,000 damage per second over the course of the kill.

Legs are great pieces, burrowing moles ftw. Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wars View Post
    You should keep trinkets around to switch in and out for specific encounters. Though even through that, I've taken as little as 7500 damage per second through an omnitron encounter on 25man. Compared to my counterpart warrior who took over 11,000 damage per second over the course of the kill.
    Your warrior must be plain bad, not keeping tc/demo up, not using shieldblock at all, staying in fire/clouds/etc, getting hit by blobs and hitting bosses with their shield up. So that's apples and oranges. And if you got Magmatron/Toxitron there's a lot of channeling time involved while Arcanotron and Electron tend to melee more.

Anyway, due to the recent changes to Halfus i don't see a specific fight where i'd stack stamina on normal mode over avoidance/migitation.

Reforge in this order: Haste, Crit, Expertise, Hit, Mastery. You should never reforge for threat stats, at all.
    This part is incorrect.

The correct order is:

Haste <<<<<<<<<<<<< Hit <<< Crit/Expertise (depending on gear) < Mastery. However you don't want to reforge Mastery, and since all gear (except PvP and trinkets) comes with 2 reforgeable stats, you don't reforge the Mastery.

Grizz I'd love to look at your armory, but I have no idea which one is you. Can you post a direct link?

Eh, peruse if you want, doesn't seem like he did much wrong. I was mistaken, it was 8500 not 7500.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3443&e=3877

The point is druids are amazing tanks and if geared/played properly take less damage than anyone else out there. Also on our previous kills it looks like this with other tanks, where I'm quite well ahead. The Warrior also has comprable gear and even better in a few slots. He did use shield block 8 times in a 7 minute fight, so that's not too bad.

Server was down when I tried to armory the other day. Here it is:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...grizlee/simple

Quote Originally Posted by grizlee View Post
    Server was down when I tried to armory the other day. Here it is:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...grizlee/simple
    Dangit, forums ate my post.

Needs more reforges to Dodge.

Get JP Pants/Belt, Epic rep Ring, a better trinket (like H-Tia's), and preferably a H-Seliza's as well.

Drop the Glyph of Charge for Frenzied Regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    This part is incorrect.

The correct order is:

Haste <<<<<<<<<<<<< Hit <<< Crit/Expertise (depending on gear) < Mastery. However you don't want to reforge Mastery, and since all gear (except PvP and trinkets) comes with 2 reforgeable stats, you don't reforge the Mastery.

Grizz I'd love to look at your armory, but I have no idea which one is you. Can you post a direct link?
    I agree with this hit is not nearly as important as expertise...I have almost no hit and my 15 expertise allows me to generate enough threat that I have never lost aggro cept when another tank needs to grab it off me.

+ Reply to Thread