+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: gank squads?

gank squads?

im all for world pvp and such, but im very tyerd of getting ganged up on by more than 3 players, ive mentioned this to guildies and they seem to think that the reason to do this is honour farming, so to combat this may i propose that if a faction group that attacks a singular member of the oposing faction that they do not receive honour?

don't play on a pvp server then

It's not honor farming. it's just griefing, plain and simple.

gank squads?

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    don't play on a pvp server then
    This....

That and go quest with 3 people. Join a world pvp guild. The type that comes out in force when one member is ganked. My former guild No Mercy Mafia on Emerald Dream was like that, KotE, Clan Battlehammer on Ally were constantly having great world pvp wars with the like of Nyx, The Crew and a host of others I can't remember (apologies) probably the best server for pvp.

So if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen or reroll to an uber pvp class?

I play a prot warrior. For a while, before cat, I was lunch for everyone as I was leveling up to 80, even at 80. Then I got gear and learned from my errors and learned how to beat them all. Except for Druids....

Yes, 3 on 1 is not fair, but when it took 3-5 to take me down and it still took a bit, that was more of a personal victory even though I got keeled. Especially if I took a few with me.

Toughen up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Need more rage. I can't do that yet. That spell's not ready. Not enough rage.
    Mäcintosh/US/Aggramar/Bloody Rage

i dont mean to QQ, and every responce has been correct, but a little personal honour would go a long way.

One of the pvp servers a friend plays on, the alliance has to be very careful of who they pick on. Because if they pick on someone from certain guilds, it can cause Stormwind to be locked down for a few days. The horde sweeps in and keeps all the NPCs dead for a few days.

thats what my guild calls the "SW economic action plan" keeping all the auction house toons dead lol

they kill all the NPCs especially the JC/Cooking/Fishing Daily quest givers.

Don't roll on a PvP server. If you do, you have to deal with it. Simple as that.

On a PvP server, you're just fodder for people to feel better about themselves in packs.

I moved to a PVP server last year and it's soooo much better than PVE. <3

Sure I get ganked, but I don't gank others unless I'm provoked. Tol Barad is a real PITA sometimes, but here and there I'll kill that rogue who jumped me, hell the other day I killed a warlock + feral druid who jumped me. :P

Get some PVP gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Spazlord View Post
    I moved to a PVP server last year and it's soooo much better than PVE. <3

Sure I get ganked, but I don't gank others unless I'm provoked. Tol Barad is a real PITA sometimes, but here and there I'll kill that rogue who jumped me, hell the other day I killed a warlock + feral druid who jumped me. :P

Get some PVP gear!
    Come back the next time you are corpse camped for 90 minutes plus....

World PvP is broken in my opinion. Wish I could transfer all my toons to a non-PvP but this game isn't worth the $300 it would take.

I've transfered a toon to a PVP server prior Cata. And leveld some others, because it's to expensive to transfere all my characters (and because I did not want to leave the old server completely). It was a quite nice expierence, even as I'm not an experienced PVP player. Sure I more than once was ganked by players much higher than me while leveling. But when someone was corpse camping me, someone else of my guild just came over and fixed the problem.

But there were also situations where I was quite happy on my own, even if I did die eventually. Best time was when I saw that mining spot at lvl 61 or something and just as I got there a big lvl 80 druid droped from the sky. Since I was already mining, he attacked me, to stop me mining. Well he did not kill me instantly and I survived the second attack. So I used Shockwave followed by a nice fear and happily took the spot. Sure I was dead shortly after that. But well I was the one holding the ore. Stuff like that are worth all the ganking. You feel so much better after such an encounter.

gank squads?

Nice one Kat! That's thinking for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Need more rage. I can't do that yet. That spell's not ready. Not enough rage.
    Mäcintosh/US/Aggramar/Bloody Rage

If it looks like some idiots are corpse-camping you, either go AFK while released or log out and go on a different character. Denies them the satisfaction of killing you over and over and gives you the satisfaction that you are doing something fun while they are akin to waiting for a mob respawn that isn't going to happen (which isn't fun). They usually disappear after about 10 minutes.

The only world PvP I ever see is doing Tol Barad or farming ore. For Tol Barad my guild worked out teams that do it together, sometimes in parallel so that if some ganking goes down we're all there and on raidcall ruining their day. Quest in PvP gear, with friends and it won't be so bad.

To get PvP gear, you have to PvP...where every BG is full of the worst kind of constant verbal abuse to your own team and calling out every player who is not already fully PvP decked out (how the hell else are you supposed to get the gear?). Thanks anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    To get PvP gear, you have to PvP...where every BG is full of the worst kind of constant verbal abuse to your own team and calling out every player who is not already fully PvP decked out (how the hell else are you supposed to get the gear?). Thanks anyways.
    Sorry, but you have to suck up the text based abuse and just do some bgs and get your gear. If you cant handle someone raging at you in a bg then you should probably just stick to single player games.

Or...I could play with people I have come to know and who can act like an adult. PvE is fine. Playing together, rather than yelling at eachother is the reason I play this game. The entire point of my post was that I do not enjoy the BGs because of the way people behave. I don't feel it's reasonable to "suck up" abuse to get gear who's only purpose is to make me less squishy the next time someone wants to waste my $15 this month.

By that, I mean that I have more things to accomplish than I have time. When I am on a particular toon, it is because that is my highest priority. Some of this is brought on by myself and having more alts than I have time and I spend a LOT of time in the game. However, if getting mats for flasks etc is what I need to do now, then logging to my miner, etc is wasting my time. A fair fight once in a while, I have no problem with that, win or lose. A 5+ level difference, gang rape, corpse camping, or one of my favorites, calling for backup after they lose....gets realllllly old.

This isn't meant to convince anyone that they should agree with me that this is unfounded and highly immature (read annoying and IMO shouldn't be a part of the game). I have given up on getting a certain part of the player base to agree with that. My posts are only to tell the OP, "I understand".

^ The exact reasons I play on a PvE server - the last thing I want when I'm questing or farming is to be annoyed and I realized this when I first choose a server. PvP servers are great if you have the temperament for it, I don't.

Unfortunately, friends bought me the game. They knew nothing about what PvP or PvE meant when they rolled their toons. By the time any of us realized that there was another way than the ganking we were experiencing, we had 30 levels and felt we had invested too much time. If only any of us had realized HOW MUCH more time we would eventually spend in this game, we could have saved HUGE headaches.

Now, I have at least 6 toons that I would not care to separate as they give me professions self-sufficiency. Additionally, knowing that the friends I started with cannot afford the change, I would feel obligated to move another 4-6 of their toons. That's all WAY too expensive for just a game. And re-rolling all of that? No way.

+ Reply to Thread