Thread: Frequnecy on shadow nova on 10m

Frequnecy on shadow nova on 10m

I was wondering if any one knew how fast Halfus casts shadow nova post patch, before he would cast it once every 5 seconds or so. This ment that we had to have 2 interrupts on halfus, the blue update only stated "Shadow Nova is now cast less frequently in 10-player modes to account for fewer available interrupts there". So could any one tell me if now we could just stick the tank by himself on halfus and have him use his interrupt every which is on a 10 sec cd, or will we need to have 2 people on him still.
    (excuse the bad grammer I am sending this from my phone)
    thank you for your help if you know

Halfus casted shadownova every roughly ~7.2 seconds, a dps shaman on Halfus was already enough pre patch. Now he only cast it once every 12s so even a prot warrior can interrupt him with shield bash.

Yeah we just had an enh shaman on them all night with a focus interrupt macro. It also seemed like he didn't cast them immediately after roars bc the first time he did it, it made his CS miss, so I think it may be interruptable now w/o a mage or pulling off HoP/trinks, etc.

I wouldn't recommend a dedicated prot war, anything above instant interrupt then the 12 sec CD of shield bash will reach a point where it won't catch up with the 12 second CD of nova.

Interrupt at 12.5, he casts again at 24, your shield bash will reset at 24.5

Then you're half a second late again, now it's casted at 36, and your shield bash resets at 37.

Quote Originally Posted by gacktt View Post
    I wouldn't recommend a dedicated prot war, anything above instant interrupt then the 12 sec CD of shield bash will reach a point where it won't catch up with the 12 second CD of nova.
    I was under the assumption that sheild bash was on a 10 sec cd like rebuke and mind freeze but I was mistaken, so till looks like ill be on halfus with my pally tank and rebuke. Ty for that piece of info before I went in there a wiped with out realizing

As a prot warrior I was able to interupt all casts by myself this week, to me it felt like the frequency of casts was higher than 12 seconds. 1 interupter should be fine, just be careful if you also have the mortal strike debuff and need to tank switch. In my raid we tank switched always after an interupt, so the other tank (dk) could pick up halfus with time to look out for the next cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    As a prot warrior I was able to interupt all casts by myself this week, to me it felt like the frequency of casts was higher than 12 seconds. 1 interupter should be fine, just be careful if you also have the mortal strike debuff and need to tank switch. In my raid we tank switched always after an interupt, so the other tank (dk) could pick up halfus with time to look out for the next cast.
    Thanks so much, this relieves me so much. My guild is going into do H Halfus 10man for the first time tonight, with the knowledge that one tank can handle the interrupts my life is a lot easier! Hopefully 5% hit will be enough for tonight! (Might use a hit potion too who knows)

Uhh due to the whole tanking everything together thing just have your 2/3 tanks focus halfus and press a macro. Makes things easier than relying on just 1 tank.