Thread: Is it fine to have 3 melee, 2 ranged for bastion 10m?

Is it fine to have 3 melee, 2 ranged for bastion 10m?

We're trying to get a dedicated progressing team together and we mainly have melee with a few ranged that can't run the same times as the tanks, healers, melee. Is it fine to have 3 exceptional melee and 2 ranged or what? Last night we managed to down halfus with 3 melee (all melee were over 18k dps) and hardly got hit by avoidable stuff. I'm just wondering how deep we can get with 3 melee in bastion 10m.

With a 3 melee setup, you will have more difficulty than you want on Council. Cho'gall, unless you severely outgear the fight, probably won't be doable by your 3 melee setup. My guild has done it with 3 melee, but that was after a couple clears, and we were running 6 dps, not 5.

The twin dragons will also be more difficult with your raid comp, assuming you plan to have one of your tanks go dps for the fight. 4 melee makes for ugly void zones in phase 2.

All in all, being melee heavy in this expansion makes most, if not all, fights harder than they should be. I highly suggest you work on replacing at least one melee with a ranged dps if you don't want to spend needless extra time on fights.

Ah, good point. Our other tank is a dps offspec, but I don't think it's as good as the feral cat we have for dps. I guess we're just going to have some backup melee then and get only the ones that are situationally aware.

Any tips for looking through our log on halfus to figure out which melee to use? Ones that avoid the most unavoidable things and does the most damage right or is there something else to it?

on the other hand, i've been killing cho'gall for a month and we always run 3 melee 2 ranged. it makes things harder than it needs to be but it is doable.
    then again, heroics probably aren't gonna be.

and 4 melee doesn't make melee get void zones unless ranged die on the dragons.